Panthers' Christian McCaffrey and Cam Newton getting workout in
Carolina Panthers rookie running back Christian McCaffrey will train with quarterback Cam Newton at the Under Armour facilities in Baltimore this week.
McCaffrey couldn't join the Panthers until Stanford's academic calendar ended in June. He was on hand for the team's three-day minicamp last month but still has some catching up to do. This will be the first time McCaffrey has caught passes from Newton, who has spent most of the offseason recovering from shoulder surgery and only recently resumed throwing. Carolina's other receivers will also be in an attendance, giving Newton some much-needed reps ahead of next week's training camp.
Our models project McCaffrey for 752 rushing yards and 4.14 touchdowns on 163 carries, adding 54 catches for 391 yards and 3.22 touchdowns.
- Jordan Howard (shoulder) limited in Bears' Wednesday practice September 20th, 2017
- Gerald Everett (thigh) questionable for Rams on Thursday September 20th, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday for Titans September 20th, 2017
- Randall Cobb (shoulder) did not practice with Packers on Wednesday September 20th, 2017
- Jordy Nelson (quad) returned to practice for Packers on Wednesday September 20th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski (groin) did not practice Wednesday for Patriots September 20th, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin (ribs, knee) doesn't practice Wednesday for Panthers September 20th, 2017
- Russell Shepard running as the Panthers' number-three wideout September 20th, 2017
- Greg Olsen undergoes surgery for broken, Panthers place him on IR September 19th, 2017
- Panthers' Greg Olsen (foot) to miss 6-8 weeks after surgery September 18th, 2017
- Greg Olsen (foot) expected to miss "around six games" for Panthers September 18th, 2017
- Panthers' Cam Newton struggles in 9-3 win over the Bills September 17th, 2017