Panthers' Christian McCaffrey and Cam Newton getting workout in
Carolina Panthers rookie running back Christian McCaffrey will train with quarterback Cam Newton at the Under Armour facilities in Baltimore this week.
McCaffrey couldn't join the Panthers until Stanford's academic calendar ended in June. He was on hand for the team's three-day minicamp last month but still has some catching up to do. This will be the first time McCaffrey has caught passes from Newton, who has spent most of the offseason recovering from shoulder surgery and only recently resumed throwing. Carolina's other receivers will also be in an attendance, giving Newton some much-needed reps ahead of next week's training camp.
Our models project McCaffrey for 752 rushing yards and 4.14 touchdowns on 163 carries, adding 54 catches for 391 yards and 3.22 touchdowns.
- D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) unlikely to be ready for Texans' training camp June 18th, 2018
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- Mike McCarthy: Packers using committee approach in backfield June 18th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck says 'pain is gone' in shoulder June 18th, 2018
- Zay Jones has to prove his worth in Bills' offense June 18th, 2018
- Ronald Jones could see 15-20 touches a game for Buccaneers June 18th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' Luke Kuechly (shoulder) says he is on schedule June 12th, 2018
- Curtis Samuel (ankle) participating in Panthers' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Panthers place Fozzy Whittaker (knee) on injured reserve May 10th, 2018
- C.J. Anderson signs 1-year deal with Panthers May 7th, 2018