Panthers' Christian McCaffrey and Cam Newton getting workout in
Carolina Panthers rookie running back Christian McCaffrey will train with quarterback Cam Newton at the Under Armour facilities in Baltimore this week.
McCaffrey couldn't join the Panthers until Stanford's academic calendar ended in June. He was on hand for the team's three-day minicamp last month but still has some catching up to do. This will be the first time McCaffrey has caught passes from Newton, who has spent most of the offseason recovering from shoulder surgery and only recently resumed throwing. Carolina's other receivers will also be in an attendance, giving Newton some much-needed reps ahead of next week's training camp.
Our models project McCaffrey for 752 rushing yards and 4.14 touchdowns on 163 carries, adding 54 catches for 391 yards and 3.22 touchdowns.
- Steelers making no 'attempts to move' Martavis Bryant February 23rd, 2018
- David Harris retires after 11 NFL seasons February 23rd, 2018
- Report: 'Stunner' if Dolphins don't trade Jarvis Landry February 23rd, 2018
- Rams likely to move on from Trumaine Johnson February 23rd, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams February 23rd, 2018
- Seahawks unlikely to tag Sheldon Richardson February 22nd, 2018
- Panthers could use franchise tag on Graham Gano February 22nd, 2018
- Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason February 21st, 2018
- Panthers unlikely to tag free agent Andrew Norwell February 20th, 2018
- Free agent Julius Peppers 'leaning toward' returning for 17th season February 19th, 2018
- Panthers' Luke Kuechly underwent shoulder surgery after season February 13th, 2018
- Panthers' Devin Funchess (shoulder) officially active against Saints January 7th, 2018