Panthers' Christian McCaffrey and Cam Newton getting workout in
Carolina Panthers rookie running back Christian McCaffrey will train with quarterback Cam Newton at the Under Armour facilities in Baltimore this week.
McCaffrey couldn't join the Panthers until Stanford's academic calendar ended in June. He was on hand for the team's three-day minicamp last month but still has some catching up to do. This will be the first time McCaffrey has caught passes from Newton, who has spent most of the offseason recovering from shoulder surgery and only recently resumed throwing. Carolina's other receivers will also be in an attendance, giving Newton some much-needed reps ahead of next week's training camp.
Our models project McCaffrey for 752 rushing yards and 4.14 touchdowns on 163 carries, adding 54 catches for 391 yards and 3.22 touchdowns.
- Bills' Sammy Watkins (foot) "close to 100 percent" July 22nd, 2017
- Anquan Boldin to meet with Bills Monday July 21st, 2017
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) may require season-ending surgery July 20th, 2017
- Cardinals and Chris Johnson agree to one-year deal July 20th, 2017
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell offered more than $12 million a year July 18th, 2017
- Danny Woodhead best receiving back Ravens have had in years July 17th, 2017
- Panthers under Dave Gettleman were not interested in extending Greg Olsen July 17th, 2017
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey and Cam Newton getting workout in July 16th, 2017
- Free agent DeAngelo Williams says he wouldn't play for four teams July 12th, 2017
- Panthers want Cam Newton to run less and throw quicker July 10th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart should remain Panthers' lead back in 2017 July 6th, 2017
- Panthers' Thomas Davis hoping for contract extension June 30th, 2017