Adrian Peterson targeting 500 receiving yards in New Orleans
New Orleans Saints running back Adrian Peterson wants to surpass 500 receiving yards this season.
Peterson set a personal high of 436 receiving yards in 2009 while catching passes from Brett Favre, but he believes he'll surpass that mark playing with Drew Brees in New Orleans. While the confidence is reassuring from the 32-year-old back, Mark Ingram and rookie Alvin Kamara project to see the majority of the passing game work out of the Saints' backfield.
139.0 carries 555.3 yds 6.55 td 17.5 rec 97.9 yds 0.15 td numberFire's models see Peterson falling far short of his lofty expectations, as we project him for only 97.9 receiving yards (with 0.15 touchdowns on 17.5 catches) this season. That's in addition to 555.3 rushing yards and 6.55 scores on 139.0 attempts.
- Jordan Howard (shoulder) limited in Bears' Wednesday practice September 20th, 2017
- Gerald Everett (thigh) questionable for Rams on Thursday September 20th, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday for Titans September 20th, 2017
- Randall Cobb (shoulder) did not practice with Packers on Wednesday September 20th, 2017
- Jordy Nelson (quad) returned to practice for Packers on Wednesday September 20th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski (groin) did not practice Wednesday for Patriots September 20th, 2017
- Dolphins acquire Stephone Anthony in trade with Saints September 19th, 2017
- Michael Thomas posts 89 yards in Saints' loss September 17th, 2017
- Drew Brees off the mark in Saints' loss to Patriots September 17th, 2017
- Terron Armstead (shoulder) and Zach Strief (knee) out for Saints September 17th, 2017
- Adrian Peterson will continue to be little-used by Saints September 17th, 2017
- Saints' Ted Ginn Jr. ready for physical battle with Patriots' corners September 15th, 2017