Carlos Hyde not guaranteed starting job in 49ers' backfield
San Francisco 49ers running back Carlos Hyde will have to compete for the starting job, believes longtime beat writer Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area.
Maiocco notes that Hyde's unfamiliarity with new head coach Kyle Shanahan's system -- as he enters the final year of his contract -- could be why San Francisco made Joe Williams a priority in the fourth round of this year's draft. That said, Maiocco believes Hyde remains the favorite to prevail as the starter out of camp, but that this will ultimately turn into a committee as the year progresses, with Tim Hightower even seeing some meaningful touches.
numberFire's models currently rank Hyde as the 13th-best fantasy option at his position for 2017. We project him to rush 249.1 times for 1,003.6 yards and 7.34 touchdowns this season, with another 142.6 receiving yards and 0.77 touchdowns on 24.9 catches.
- Cowboys' Darren McFadden a healthy scratch against the Chargers November 23rd, 2017
- Cowboys' Tyron Smith (groin) active on Thanksgiving November 23rd, 2017
- Broncos' Emmanuel Sanders (ankle) practices on Thanksgiving November 23rd, 2017
- Rishard Matthews (hamstring) pops up on Titans injury report November 23rd, 2017
- Jay Cutler (concussion) completes 'light throwing' Thursday at Dolphins' practice November 23rd, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin (knee) misses Bills' practice again November 23rd, 2017
- C.J. Beathard will remain 49ers' starter versus Seahawks in Week 12 November 22nd, 2017
- 49ers not yet willing to commit to Jimmy Garoppolo November 21st, 2017
- 49ers undecided on quarterback situation after Week 11 bye November 13th, 2017
- Carlos Hyde totals 104 yards in Niners' first win of the year November 12th, 2017
- C.J. Beathard totals 3 touchdowns as he leads the Niners to their first win November 12th, 2017
- San Francisco 49ers' quarterback C.J. Beathard confirmed as Week 10 starter November 10th, 2017