Free agent DeAngelo Williams says he wouldn't play for four teams
Free agent running back DeAngelo Williams listed four teams he would not play for in 2017.
In an appearance on Adam Schefter's Know Them From Adam podcast Wednesday, Williams said that he would not play for the Carolina Panthers, Dallas Cowboys, Cleveland Browns or Jacksonville Jaguars. For the Panthers, it has everything to do with the conditions of Williams' exit from the team. A fan of the 49ers growing up, that's the reason for his dislike of Dallas. The other two teams' lack of recent success was key to Williams' reasoning. All the same, Williams has garnered zero interest from any team on the market.
In 2016, Williams rushed for 343 yards and 4 scores on 98 carries. He also caught 2 touchdowns in 9 games and 4 starts with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Bills' Sammy Watkins (foot) "close to 100 percent" July 22nd, 2017
- Anquan Boldin to meet with Bills Monday July 21st, 2017
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) may require season-ending surgery July 20th, 2017
- Cardinals and Chris Johnson agree to one-year deal July 20th, 2017
- Panthers under Dave Gettleman were not interested in extending Greg Olsen July 17th, 2017
- Danny Woodhead best receiving back Ravens have had in years July 17th, 2017
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell offered more than $12 million a year July 18th, 2017
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell completely healed from core muscle surgery July 17th, 2017
- Le'Veon Bell unlikely to sign long-term extension with Steelers July 10th, 2017
- Steelers' Ryan Shazier hopes to stay healthy in 2017 July 6th, 2017
- Steelers using JuJu Smith-Schuster in red zone drills July 5th, 2017
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017