Free agent DeAngelo Williams says he wouldn't play for four teams
Free agent running back DeAngelo Williams listed four teams he would not play for in 2017.
In an appearance on Adam Schefter's Know Them From Adam podcast Wednesday, Williams said that he would not play for the Carolina Panthers, Dallas Cowboys, Cleveland Browns or Jacksonville Jaguars. For the Panthers, it has everything to do with the conditions of Williams' exit from the team. A fan of the 49ers growing up, that's the reason for his dislike of Dallas. The other two teams' lack of recent success was key to Williams' reasoning. All the same, Williams has garnered zero interest from any team on the market.
In 2016, Williams rushed for 343 yards and 4 scores on 98 carries. He also caught 2 touchdowns in 9 games and 4 starts with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- David Harris retires after 11 NFL seasons February 23rd, 2018
- Report: 'Stunner' if Dolphins don't trade Jarvis Landry February 23rd, 2018
- Rams likely to move on from Trumaine Johnson February 23rd, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams February 23rd, 2018
- Panthers could use franchise tag on Graham Gano February 22nd, 2018
- Seahawks unlikely to tag Sheldon Richardson February 22nd, 2018
- Steelers making no 'attempts to move' Martavis Bryant February 23rd, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell fully expected to be franchise tagged by Steelers February 20th, 2018
- Steelers' Ryan Shazier (back) has begun walking February 4th, 2018
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell: Priority is guaranteed money February 2nd, 2018
- Steelers' Ryan Shazier (back) discharged from hospital February 1st, 2018
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell in 'happy' place with early contract talks January 24th, 2018