George Kittle dazzled in 49ers' OTAs
San Francisco 49ers rookie tight end George Kittle "exceeded our expectations" at spring practices, general manager John Lynch said.
Kittle will open camp with a legit chance to start as a rookie. "He’s really flashed," Lynch said. "He’s got some suddenness to him in his movements. He catches the ball extremely well. George gives us something we don’t have as a playmaker down in the red zone. He is that guy who can win 1-on-1. He can impose his will and out-athlete people." Kittle showed field-stretching ability with a 15.4 yards-per-reception average at Iowa and excelled as both a run and pass blocker.
Our models still project Vance McDonald as the Niners' top tight end for fantasy this year, albeit with a tenuous grasp on the position. We peg him for 372 receiving yards and 4.12 touchdowns on 32 catches in 2017.
- 49ers' Carlos Hyde finds the end zone twice on Thursday September 22nd, 2017
- Sammy Watkins scores twice for the Rams before leaving with injury September 22nd, 2017
- Rams' Todd Gurley dominates in unexpected Thursday night shootout September 21st, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) misses another Titans' practice September 21st, 2017
- Thomas Rawls could get more touches for Seattle moving forward September 21st, 2017
- Joe Mixon still trying to get up to speed in Bengals' offense September 21st, 2017
- Steelers' T.J. Watt (groin) has shot to play Week 3 September 19th, 2017
- Le'Veon Bell gets heavy workload, underwhelms for Steelers September 17th, 2017
- Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger tosses 2 touchdowns in Week 2 September 17th, 2017
- Antonio Brown receives 11 targets in Steelers' win over Vikings September 17th, 2017
- Martavis Bryant explodes in Steelers' Week 2 win September 17th, 2017
- Steelers didn't use Le'Veon Bell in empty packages Week 1 September 14th, 2017