George Kittle dazzled in 49ers' OTAs
San Francisco 49ers rookie tight end George Kittle "exceeded our expectations" at spring practices, general manager John Lynch said.
Kittle will open camp with a legit chance to start as a rookie. "He’s really flashed," Lynch said. "He’s got some suddenness to him in his movements. He catches the ball extremely well. George gives us something we don’t have as a playmaker down in the red zone. He is that guy who can win 1-on-1. He can impose his will and out-athlete people." Kittle showed field-stretching ability with a 15.4 yards-per-reception average at Iowa and excelled as both a run and pass blocker.
Our models still project Vance McDonald as the Niners' top tight end for fantasy this year, albeit with a tenuous grasp on the position. We peg him for 372 receiving yards and 4.12 touchdowns on 32 catches in 2017.
- Vikings' Adam Thielen (back) questionable for Sunday's NFC Championship January 19th, 2018
- Jets' Robby Anderson arrested on Friday in Florida January 19th, 2018
- Jeremy Hill expected to leave Bengals in free agency January 19th, 2018
- Tom Brady (hand) returns to Patriots' practice on Friday January 19th, 2018
- Jaguars' Tashaun Gipson (foot) questionable for AFC Championship January 19th, 2018
- Vikings' Kai Forbath projected to finish as the second-best fantasy kicker on Sunday January 18th, 2018
- Steelers reportedly parting ways with OC Todd Haley January 17th, 2018
- Martavis Bryant wants to remain with Steelers in 2018 January 15th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell 'definitely' wants to stick with Steelers January 15th, 2018
- Vance McDonald leads the Steelers in targets and catches in Sunday's loss January 14th, 2018
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster's late touchdown salvages a disappointing fantasy day January 14th, 2018
- Jesse James catches just 1 pass in Steelers' loss to Jaguars January 14th, 2018