George Kittle dazzled in 49ers' OTAs
San Francisco 49ers rookie tight end George Kittle "exceeded our expectations" at spring practices, general manager John Lynch said.
Kittle will open camp with a legit chance to start as a rookie. "He’s really flashed," Lynch said. "He’s got some suddenness to him in his movements. He catches the ball extremely well. George gives us something we don’t have as a playmaker down in the red zone. He is that guy who can win 1-on-1. He can impose his will and out-athlete people." Kittle showed field-stretching ability with a 15.4 yards-per-reception average at Iowa and excelled as both a run and pass blocker.
Our models still project Vance McDonald as the Niners' top tight end for fantasy this year, albeit with a tenuous grasp on the position. We peg him for 372 receiving yards and 4.12 touchdowns on 32 catches in 2017.
- Bills' Sammy Watkins (foot) "close to 100 percent" July 22nd, 2017
- Anquan Boldin to meet with Bills Monday July 21st, 2017
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) may require season-ending surgery July 20th, 2017
- Cardinals and Chris Johnson agree to one-year deal July 20th, 2017
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell offered more than $12 million a year July 18th, 2017
- Panthers under Dave Gettleman were not interested in extending Greg Olsen July 17th, 2017
- Carlos Hyde not guaranteed starting job in 49ers' backfield July 12th, 2017
- George Kittle dazzled in 49ers' OTAs July 10th, 2017
- 49ers sign Elvis Dumervil to two-year deal June 6th, 2017
- Carlos Hyde struggling in 49ers' new system June 1st, 2017
- Vance McDonald not a lock to make 49ers' final roster May 22nd, 2017
- Joe Williams could supplant Carlos Hyde in 49ers' backfield May 17th, 2017