George Kittle dazzled in 49ers' OTAs
San Francisco 49ers rookie tight end George Kittle "exceeded our expectations" at spring practices, general manager John Lynch said.
Kittle will open camp with a legit chance to start as a rookie. "He’s really flashed," Lynch said. "He’s got some suddenness to him in his movements. He catches the ball extremely well. George gives us something we don’t have as a playmaker down in the red zone. He is that guy who can win 1-on-1. He can impose his will and out-athlete people." Kittle showed field-stretching ability with a 15.4 yards-per-reception average at Iowa and excelled as both a run and pass blocker.
Our models still project Vance McDonald as the Niners' top tight end for fantasy this year, albeit with a tenuous grasp on the position. We peg him for 372 receiving yards and 4.12 touchdowns on 32 catches in 2017.
- Washington activates Jordan Reed (toe) from PUP August 20th, 2017
- Corey Davis (hamstring) remains on track to play in Titans' preseason August 20th, 2017
- Chiefs could keep both Charcandrick West and C.J. Spiller August 20th, 2017
- Eagles' LeGarrette Blount and Wendell Smallwood could be camp cuts August 20th, 2017
- Alshon Jeffery behind on learning Eagles' offense August 20th, 2017
- Browns run solely shotgun looks with DeShone Kizer August 20th, 2017
- 49ers' Reuben Foster dealing with shoulder sprain August 17th, 2017
- 49ers satisfied with Vance McDonald August 17th, 2017
- Brian Hoyer looking sharp in 49ers' practices August 6th, 2017
- Joe Williams struggling early for 49ers August 2nd, 2017
- Carlos Hyde has early grip on starting job in 49ers' backfield August 2nd, 2017
- Tim Hightower takes 49ers' first reps on Monday July 31st, 2017