George Kittle dazzled in 49ers' OTAs
San Francisco 49ers rookie tight end George Kittle "exceeded our expectations" at spring practices, general manager John Lynch said.
Kittle will open camp with a legit chance to start as a rookie. "He’s really flashed," Lynch said. "He’s got some suddenness to him in his movements. He catches the ball extremely well. George gives us something we don’t have as a playmaker down in the red zone. He is that guy who can win 1-on-1. He can impose his will and out-athlete people." Kittle showed field-stretching ability with a 15.4 yards-per-reception average at Iowa and excelled as both a run and pass blocker.
Our models still project Vance McDonald as the Niners' top tight end for fantasy this year, albeit with a tenuous grasp on the position. We peg him for 372 receiving yards and 4.12 touchdowns on 32 catches in 2017.
- Jerry Jones: Dez Bryant expected back with Cowboys next season January 23rd, 2018
- Sean McDermott not talking about Tyrod Taylor's future with Bills January 23rd, 2018
- Vikings won't commit to bringing back Case Keenum for 2018 January 23rd, 2018
- Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald remains undecided on playing in 2018 January 23rd, 2018
- Raiders' Derek Carr admits back injury lingered throughout season January 23rd, 2018
- Dez Bryant seen as 'distraction' on Cowboys' sidelines January 23rd, 2018
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell expected to sign with 'highest bidder,' Raiders on radar January 23rd, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell was late to Steelers' walkthrough prior to Divisional Round loss January 20th, 2018
- Steelers' Eli Rogers suffered torn ACL in Divisional Round loss January 19th, 2018
- Steelers reportedly parting ways with OC Todd Haley January 17th, 2018
- Martavis Bryant wants to remain with Steelers in 2018 January 15th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell 'definitely' wants to stick with Steelers January 15th, 2018