George Kittle dazzled in 49ers' OTAs
San Francisco 49ers rookie tight end George Kittle "exceeded our expectations" at spring practices, general manager John Lynch said.
Kittle will open camp with a legit chance to start as a rookie. "He’s really flashed," Lynch said. "He’s got some suddenness to him in his movements. He catches the ball extremely well. George gives us something we don’t have as a playmaker down in the red zone. He is that guy who can win 1-on-1. He can impose his will and out-athlete people." Kittle showed field-stretching ability with a 15.4 yards-per-reception average at Iowa and excelled as both a run and pass blocker.
Our models still project Vance McDonald as the Niners' top tight end for fantasy this year, albeit with a tenuous grasp on the position. We peg him for 372 receiving yards and 4.12 touchdowns on 32 catches in 2017.
- Jay Ajayi inefficient in Dolphins' wild Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Jordan Howard rushes for 65 yards in Bears' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Miami's Jay Cutler believed to have cracked ribs, expected to miss 2 weeks October 22nd, 2017
- Ty Montgomery receives just five touches in Packers' Week 7 loss October 22nd, 2017
- Alvin Kamara totals 107 yards in Saints' Week 7 victory October 22nd, 2017
- Mark Ingram rushes for over 100 yards in Saints' win October 22nd, 2017
- Martavis Bryant expected to see 'increased role' Sunday for Steelers October 22nd, 2017
- JuJu Smith-Schuster 'getting better' for Steelers October 18th, 2017
- Martavis Bryant requests trade from Steelers October 15th, 2017
- Le'Veon Bell goes off as Steelers upset the Chiefs in Week 6 October 15th, 2017
- Steelers' Antonio Brown racks up 155 yards in win over Chiefs October 15th, 2017
- Ben Roethlisberger throws for 252 yards in Steelers' win October 15th, 2017