Eric Ebron expects breakout with Lions in 2017
Detroit Lions tight end Eric Ebron said he is "overly excited" about his tweaked 2017 role.
"It's going to be fun for me," he added. Ebron previously said his 2017 usage will allow him to "do the things that I'm best at," which likely indicates more long plays stretching the field down the middle. Ebron should also be far more involved near the goal, where former wide receiver Anquan Boldin hogged a team-high 22 red-zone targets last season and Ebron drew just six.
Ebron came in ninth in Reception Net Expected Points per target among the 32 tight ends to top 50 targets last season. Our models project him as fantasy's 11th-best tight end this year, with 748 receiving yards and 4.19 touchdowns on 65 receptions.
- 49ers' Carlos Hyde finds the end zone twice on Thursday September 22nd, 2017
- Sammy Watkins scores twice for the Rams before leaving with injury September 22nd, 2017
- Rams' Todd Gurley dominates in unexpected Thursday night shootout September 21st, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) misses another Titans' practice September 21st, 2017
- Thomas Rawls could get more touches for Seattle moving forward September 21st, 2017
- Joe Mixon still trying to get up to speed in Bengals' offense September 21st, 2017
- Lions' Kenny Golladay out-snaps T.J. Jones again in Week 2 September 19th, 2017
- Lions' Theo Riddick totals 37 yards against Giants September 19th, 2017
- Lions' Golden Tate sees 4 targets, catches them all on Monday night September 19th, 2017
- Marvin Jones scores on only reception as Lions win easily September 19th, 2017
- Eric Ebron scores touchdown in Lions' victory September 19th, 2017
- Lions' Ameer Abdullah sets new career high with 86 rushing yards September 19th, 2017