Eric Ebron expects breakout with Lions in 2017
Detroit Lions tight end Eric Ebron said he is "overly excited" about his tweaked 2017 role.
"It's going to be fun for me," he added. Ebron previously said his 2017 usage will allow him to "do the things that I'm best at," which likely indicates more long plays stretching the field down the middle. Ebron should also be far more involved near the goal, where former wide receiver Anquan Boldin hogged a team-high 22 red-zone targets last season and Ebron drew just six.
Ebron came in ninth in Reception Net Expected Points per target among the 32 tight ends to top 50 targets last season. Our models project him as fantasy's 11th-best tight end this year, with 748 receiving yards and 4.19 touchdowns on 65 receptions.
- Vikings' Adam Thielen (back) questionable for Sunday's NFC Championship January 19th, 2018
- Jets' Robby Anderson arrested on Friday in Florida January 19th, 2018
- Jeremy Hill expected to leave Bengals in free agency January 19th, 2018
- Tom Brady (hand) returns to Patriots' practice on Friday January 19th, 2018
- Jaguars' Tashaun Gipson (foot) questionable for AFC Championship January 19th, 2018
- Vikings' Kai Forbath projected to finish as the second-best fantasy kicker on Sunday January 18th, 2018
- Lions' T.J. Jones undergoes shoulder surgery January 11th, 2018
- Matthew Stafford throws 3 touchdown passes in Lions' season finale December 31st, 2017
- Jim Caldwell does not plan to rest Detroit's starters for meaningless Week 17 game December 26th, 2017
- Lions place T.J. Jones (shoulder) on injured reserve December 19th, 2017
- Golden Tate held to 33 yards in Lions' win on Saturday December 17th, 2017
- Marvin Jones turns 3 catches into 85 yards for Lions on Saturday December 17th, 2017