Eric Ebron expects breakout with Lions in 2017
Detroit Lions tight end Eric Ebron said he is "overly excited" about his tweaked 2017 role.
"It's going to be fun for me," he added. Ebron previously said his 2017 usage will allow him to "do the things that I'm best at," which likely indicates more long plays stretching the field down the middle. Ebron should also be far more involved near the goal, where former wide receiver Anquan Boldin hogged a team-high 22 red-zone targets last season and Ebron drew just six.
Ebron came in ninth in Reception Net Expected Points per target among the 32 tight ends to top 50 targets last season. Our models project him as fantasy's 11th-best tight end this year, with 748 receiving yards and 4.19 touchdowns on 65 receptions.
- Dallas Goedert could feature in red-zone immediately for Eagles June 17th, 2018
- Jets not giving up on ArDarius Stewart June 17th, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Patrick Peterson embracing new role in Cardinals' secondary June 15th, 2018
- Elijah McGuire pegged as Jets' third-down running back June 15th, 2018
- Colts' fourth-rounder Nyheim Hines doing everything on offense June 15th, 2018
- Robert Turbin expected to have key role in Colts' backfield June 15th, 2018
- Colts’ fifth-round pick Jordan Wilkins working with first team June 13th, 2018
- Andrew Luck was throwing a high school ball in Colts' minicamp on Tuesday June 12th, 2018
- Andrew Luck resumes throwing Tuesday at Colts minicamp June 12th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck could soon start throwing June 7th, 2018