Dion Lewis' roster spot with Patriots in limbo
New England Patriots running back Dion Lewis' roster spot could be in danger, Kevin Dillon of Mass Live believes.
The Patriots' signings of Rex Burkhead and Mike Gillislee, while extending James White through 2020, make it seem like they're unsure of Lewis' long-term value. Lewis will only cost $1.3 million this year and is an electric playmaker whenever he is healthy, but it is not out of the question New England moves on.
Among the 69 running backs last year to top 50 carries, Lewis's 0.10 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt was 10th-most. Our models project him as just the third-best fantasy option for the Patriots' backfield this year, however.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Bears confirm Jordan Howard will be the featured back in 2018 April 17th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski will not attend start of Patriots' offseason program April 15th, 2018
- Report: Patriots 'team most interested' in Lamar Jackson April 12th, 2018
- Patriots ship Brandin Cooks to the Rams for a 2018 first-round pick April 3rd, 2018
- Martellus Bennett announces his retirement from the NFL March 23rd, 2018
- Patriots acquire Cordarrelle Patterson from Raiders March 18th, 2018