Dion Lewis' roster spot with Patriots in limbo
New England Patriots running back Dion Lewis' roster spot could be in danger, Kevin Dillon of Mass Live believes.
The Patriots' signings of Rex Burkhead and Mike Gillislee, while extending James White through 2020, make it seem like they're unsure of Lewis' long-term value. Lewis will only cost $1.3 million this year and is an electric playmaker whenever he is healthy, but it is not out of the question New England moves on.
Among the 69 running backs last year to top 50 carries, Lewis's 0.10 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt was 10th-most. Our models project him as just the third-best fantasy option for the Patriots' backfield this year, however.
- Bills' Sammy Watkins (foot) "close to 100 percent" July 22nd, 2017
- Anquan Boldin to meet with Bills Monday July 21st, 2017
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) may require season-ending surgery July 20th, 2017
- Cardinals and Chris Johnson agree to one-year deal July 20th, 2017
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell offered more than $12 million a year July 18th, 2017
- Panthers under Dave Gettleman were not interested in extending Greg Olsen July 17th, 2017
- Dion Lewis a roster lock for New England July 13th, 2017
- Dwayne Allen may not be lock for Patriots' roster July 13th, 2017
- Danny Amendola could be locked in for Patriots' 53-man roster July 10th, 2017
- Dion Lewis' roster spot with Patriots in limbo July 10th, 2017
- Patriots' Julian Edelman not dominant in red-zone July 9th, 2017
- Mike Gillislee most likely to fill Patriots' big back role July 4th, 2017