Dion Lewis' roster spot with Patriots in limbo
New England Patriots running back Dion Lewis' roster spot could be in danger, Kevin Dillon of Mass Live believes.
The Patriots' signings of Rex Burkhead and Mike Gillislee, while extending James White through 2020, make it seem like they're unsure of Lewis' long-term value. Lewis will only cost $1.3 million this year and is an electric playmaker whenever he is healthy, but it is not out of the question New England moves on.
Among the 69 running backs last year to top 50 carries, Lewis's 0.10 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt was 10th-most. Our models project him as just the third-best fantasy option for the Patriots' backfield this year, however.
- Jamison Crowder catches 7 passes for career-high 141 yards on Thursday for Washington November 24th, 2017
- Vernon Davis comes up empty on Thanksgiving in Washington's win November 24th, 2017
- Dallas' Alfred Morris a non-factor in loss to Chargers November 23rd, 2017
- Rod Smith the only Cowboy to find the end zone in Thursday's Thanksgiving thrashing November 23rd, 2017
- Cowboys' Dez Bryant held in check in blowout loss November 23rd, 2017
- Tyrell Williams finds the end zone for the Chargers on Thursday November 23rd, 2017
- Patriots' Tom Brady (ankle) back at practice on Thursday November 23rd, 2017
- Tom Brady not practicing due to Achilles issue, considered 'fine' for Patriots November 22nd, 2017
- Chris Hogan (shoulder) remains out Wednesday for Patriots November 22nd, 2017
- Danny Amendola totals 66 yards and a score as Patriots win November 19th, 2017
- Tom Brady has big day as Patriots blow past Raiders November 19th, 2017
- James White quiet as Patriots win in Mexico City November 19th, 2017