Dion Lewis' roster spot with Patriots in limbo
New England Patriots running back Dion Lewis' roster spot could be in danger, Kevin Dillon of Mass Live believes.
The Patriots' signings of Rex Burkhead and Mike Gillislee, while extending James White through 2020, make it seem like they're unsure of Lewis' long-term value. Lewis will only cost $1.3 million this year and is an electric playmaker whenever he is healthy, but it is not out of the question New England moves on.
Among the 69 running backs last year to top 50 carries, Lewis's 0.10 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt was 10th-most. Our models project him as just the third-best fantasy option for the Patriots' backfield this year, however.
- Free agent Julius Peppers 'leaning toward' returning for 17th season February 19th, 2018
- Lions not expected to release Eric Ebron February 19th, 2018
- Cowboys expected to place franchise tag on DeMarcus Lawrence February 19th, 2018
- Jaguars expected to tag Allen Robinson for 2018 February 19th, 2018
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins turned down Jets' two-year, $8 million offer February 19th, 2018
- Jets view Bilal Powell as 'complementary back' February 19th, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski started thinking about retirement prior to playoffs February 17th, 2018
- Patriots' Martellus Bennett a candidate for release February 10th, 2018
- 'Early vibe' is that Dion Lewis won't return to Patriots February 10th, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski's retirement talk believed to be 'real' February 8th, 2018
- Josh McDaniels won't accept Colts' head coaching job, will remain with Patriots February 6th, 2018
- Detroit Lions officially hire Matt Patricia as head coach February 5th, 2018