Falcons bring in Rex Grossman for workout and physical
The Atlanta Falcons are bringing free agent quarterback Rex Grossman in for a workout and physical Tuesday, according to Vaughn McClure of ESPN.
Head coach Dan Quinn did not say whether the team would sign Grossman, though he did confirm the visit. Atlanta currently has T.J. Yates and Sean Renfree on the roster behind starter Matt Ryan.
Grossman was last on an NFL roster in 2013 and hasn't played in a game since 2011. In that season, he ranked 27th in Passing Net Expected Points per play among the 49 quarterbacks who recorded at least 100 drop backs.
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (toe) will not require surgery January 10th, 2021
- Washington's Taylor Heinecke starting under center on Saturday January 9th, 2021
- Alex Smith (calf) inactive for Washington in Saturday's Wild Card game January 9th, 2021
- Alex Smith (calf) upgraded as Washington prepares for Buccaneers January 7th, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (ankle) returns to Football Team practice January 7th, 2021