Ravens fear career-ending injury for Dennis Pitta
The Baltimore Ravens fear Dennis Pitta has "fractured and dislocated his hip for the third time," which would likely be a career-ending injury, according to ESPN reports.
This is awful news for a player who has endured several serious injuries in his career. Pitta first injured his hip in 2013 training camp, before suffering the same injury in Week 3 2014.
Pitta was able to get back on the field last season, and he was pretty darn good, leading all tight ends in catches as he totaled 86 grabs for 729 yards and 2 scores. Pitta's box score numbers didn't translate to much of an on-field impact, though, per our numbers. Of the 35 tight ends to see at least 40 targets in 2016, he checked in 33rd in Reception NEP per target. Ben Watson, Maxx Williams, Crockett Gillmore and Nick Boyle will battle it out for the starting role.
- Cincinnati's Tee Higgins (shoulder) DNP on Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Miles Sanders touches ball five times in Eagles loss September 28th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dalton Schultz scores twice in victory September 28th, 2021
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman (core) returning to practice ahead of Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Ravens' Lamar Jackson (illness) expected to play Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Baltimore's Lamar Jackson (illness) questionable for Week 3's contest against Detroit September 24th, 2021
- Baltimore's Lamar Jackson (illness) practicing on Friday September 24th, 2021
- Marquise Brown (ankle) active for Ravens Sunday night September 19th, 2021
- Ravens' Marquise Brown (ankle) questionable for Week 2 clash with Chiefs September 17th, 2021