Packers' Ty Montgomery processing mental side of running back position
Green Bay Packers running back Ty Montgomery says he has a better understanding of the mental aspect of being a running back.
"I was running a lot on instincts. I knew where I was supposed to be going, but it was instinct," Montgomery said. "Now, I know techniques. I know rotations and understanding gap rules and what the defense is supposed to be doing. Now when I get out there, I know my reads." He enters OTAs atop the depth chart, but the Packers added competition after drafting three running backs, which indicates a likely committee in Green Bay.
Among the 56 running backs to see at least 75 carries last season, Montgomery finished in the top-10 with 0.08 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Jamison Crowder catches 7 passes for career-high 141 yards on Thursday for Washington November 24th, 2017
- Vernon Davis comes up empty on Thanksgiving in Washington's win November 24th, 2017
- Dallas' Alfred Morris a non-factor in loss to Chargers November 23rd, 2017
- Rod Smith the only Cowboy to find the end zone in Thursday's Thanksgiving thrashing November 23rd, 2017
- Cowboys' Dez Bryant held in check in blowout loss November 23rd, 2017
- Tyrell Williams finds the end zone for the Chargers on Thursday November 23rd, 2017
- Ty Montgomery (ribs) still not practicing for Packers November 23rd, 2017
- Ty Montgomery (ribs) still out for Packers on Wednesday November 22nd, 2017
- Packers' Kenny Clark diagnosed with high-ankle sprain November 20th, 2017
- Report: Packers' Aaron Jones was arrested in October for speeding November 20th, 2017
- Davante Adams posts 126 yards in Packers' Week 11 loss November 20th, 2017
- Jordy Nelson does little as Packers get shutout in Week 11 November 20th, 2017