Packers' Ty Montgomery processing mental side of running back position
Green Bay Packers running back Ty Montgomery says he has a better understanding of the mental aspect of being a running back.
"I was running a lot on instincts. I knew where I was supposed to be going, but it was instinct," Montgomery said. "Now, I know techniques. I know rotations and understanding gap rules and what the defense is supposed to be doing. Now when I get out there, I know my reads." He enters OTAs atop the depth chart, but the Packers added competition after drafting three running backs, which indicates a likely committee in Green Bay.
Among the 56 running backs to see at least 75 carries last season, Montgomery finished in the top-10 with 0.08 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Bills' Sammy Watkins (foot) "close to 100 percent" July 22nd, 2017
- Anquan Boldin to meet with Bills Monday July 21st, 2017
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) may require season-ending surgery July 20th, 2017
- Cardinals and Chris Johnson agree to one-year deal July 20th, 2017
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell offered more than $12 million a year July 18th, 2017
- Panthers under Dave Gettleman were not interested in extending Greg Olsen July 17th, 2017
- Packers' Ty Montgomery back up to drafted weight June 1st, 2017
- Packers' Ty Montgomery processing mental side of running back position May 28th, 2017
- Kevin King and Davon House to start Week 1 for Packers May 21st, 2017
- Packers' Vince Biegel recovering from foot surgery May 15th, 2017
- Christine Michael released again by Packers May 1st, 2017
- Packers secure Malachi Dupre with 247th pick April 30th, 2017