Packers' Ty Montgomery processing mental side of running back position
Green Bay Packers running back Ty Montgomery says he has a better understanding of the mental aspect of being a running back.
"I was running a lot on instincts. I knew where I was supposed to be going, but it was instinct," Montgomery said. "Now, I know techniques. I know rotations and understanding gap rules and what the defense is supposed to be doing. Now when I get out there, I know my reads." He enters OTAs atop the depth chart, but the Packers added competition after drafting three running backs, which indicates a likely committee in Green Bay.
Among the 56 running backs to see at least 75 carries last season, Montgomery finished in the top-10 with 0.08 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Steelers making no 'attempts to move' Martavis Bryant February 23rd, 2018
- David Harris retires after 11 NFL seasons February 23rd, 2018
- Report: 'Stunner' if Dolphins don't trade Jarvis Landry February 23rd, 2018
- Rams likely to move on from Trumaine Johnson February 23rd, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams February 23rd, 2018
- Panthers could use franchise tag on Graham Gano February 22nd, 2018
- Packers' Clay Matthews recovering from knee scope January 9th, 2018
- Packers sign Davante Adams to four-year extension December 29th, 2017
- Packers' Davante Adams (concussion) out for Week 17 against Detroit December 29th, 2017
- Packers' Jordy Nelson (shoulder) out for Week 17 against Detroit December 29th, 2017
- Packers' Davante Adams (concussion) officially inactive against Minnesota December 23rd, 2017
- Packers' Davante Adams (concussion) doesn't practice on Tuesday December 19th, 2017