49ers could be shopping Navorro Bowman
The San Francisco 49ers have "made it known" that linebacker Navorro Bowman is available for trade, according to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi.
After signing a seven-year, $77 million contract last summer, Bowman tore his Achilles in November, so any team trading for him will likely ask the 49ers to eat some of the money left on his deal. The Niners say that Bowman is healthy coming off his injury last fall, but considering his checkered bill of health, it's going to be tough for the Niners to unload him via trade without some serious concessions.
Before going down with injury, Bowman had 24 total tackles with a sack, an interception and a forced fumble over his first four games. Prior to Week 4 when he got hurt, the 49ers' defense ranked ninth in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play.
- Browns intend to ride 'hot hand' at running back June 22nd, 2018
- Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident June 21st, 2018
- DeShone Kizer and Brett Hundley struggling during Packers' minicamp June 21st, 2018
- Jets' Robby Anderson receives legal slap on wrist June 21st, 2018
- Free agent Eric Decker eyeing up Patriots June 21st, 2018
- Buccaneers' Jameis Winston could be facing suspension June 21st, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant reportedly hasn't been informed of suspension June 22nd, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Raiders waive quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday June 12th, 2018
- Khalil Mack will likely skip Raiders' minicamp this weekend June 11th, 2018
- Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders for late-round pick May 22nd, 2018
- Raiders cut quarterback Josh Johnson May 10th, 2018