49ers could be shopping Navorro Bowman
The San Francisco 49ers have "made it known" that linebacker Navorro Bowman is available for trade, according to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi.
After signing a seven-year, $77 million contract last summer, Bowman tore his Achilles in November, so any team trading for him will likely ask the 49ers to eat some of the money left on his deal. The Niners say that Bowman is healthy coming off his injury last fall, but considering his checkered bill of health, it's going to be tough for the Niners to unload him via trade without some serious concessions.
Before going down with injury, Bowman had 24 total tackles with a sack, an interception and a forced fumble over his first four games. Prior to Week 4 when he got hurt, the 49ers' defense ranked ninth in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play.
- Blake Bortles reportedly agrees to 3-year, $54 million deal with Jaguars February 24th, 2018
- Torrey Smith 'expecting to be back' with Eagles in 2018 February 24th, 2018
- Steelers making no 'attempts to move' Martavis Bryant February 23rd, 2018
- David Harris retires after 11 NFL seasons February 23rd, 2018
- Report: 'Stunner' if Dolphins don't trade Jarvis Landry February 23rd, 2018
- Rams likely to move on from Trumaine Johnson February 23rd, 2018
- Sebastian Janikowski reportedly won't be brought back by Raiders February 14th, 2018
- Raiders' Derek Carr admits back injury lingered throughout season January 23rd, 2018
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell expected to sign with 'highest bidder,' Raiders on radar January 23rd, 2018
- Jon Gruden: Derek Carr will be asked to do more in Raiders' offense January 11th, 2018
- Raiders expected to introduce Jon Gruden as head coach on Tuesday January 5th, 2018
- 'Real concern' that Derek Carr won't mesh with Jon Gruden if hired as Raiders' coach January 4th, 2018