49ers grab Reuben Foster at 31st overall
The San Francisco 49ers traded up with the Seattle Seahawks and selected Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster with the 31st overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft.
Medical and off-field concerns made Foster slip to the end of the first round, but after making some noise about drafting him second overall, the 49ers made their move on Foster at 31st. The 2016 Butkus Award winner failed a drug test and was kicked out of the Combine for arguing with a worker from the local hospital, but he still went in the first round. He has the ability to be a very good linebacker at the NFL level if he can remain healthy and stay out of trouble.
Foster recorded 24 tackles for a loss and eight sacks across 24 starts during his college tenure. He never forced a fumble at Alabama, but he stands to be a run-stopping force in the NFL.
- Packers' Aaron Rodgers 'preparing to play' against Panthers December 13th, 2017
- Vikings' Kyle Rudolph (ankle) in a walking boot following Week 14 injury December 13th, 2017
- Broncos place starting safety Justin Simmons (ankle) on IR December 13th, 2017
- Bills' Tyrod Taylor (knee) practicing on Wednesday December 13th, 2017
- Bills' Kelvin Benjamin (knee) limited at Wednesday's practice December 13th, 2017
- Bengals' Joe Mixon (concussion) remains in protocol Wednesday December 13th, 2017
- Marquise Goodwin goes for 106 yards in 49ers' Week 14 win December 11th, 2017
- 49ers' Carlos Hyde scores for the first time since Week 6 in Sunday's win December 10th, 2017
- Jimmy Garoppolo throws for career-high 334 yards in 49ers' win December 10th, 2017
- Marquise Goodwin could see another big workload for 49ers in Week 14 December 6th, 2017
- Carlos Hyde totals 66 scoreless yards on 19 touches in 49ers' victory December 4th, 2017
- Jimmy Garoppolo throws for 293 yards in first 49ers' start December 3rd, 2017