49ers grab Reuben Foster at 31st overall
The San Francisco 49ers traded up with the Seattle Seahawks and selected Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster with the 31st overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft.
Medical and off-field concerns made Foster slip to the end of the first round, but after making some noise about drafting him second overall, the 49ers made their move on Foster at 31st. The 2016 Butkus Award winner failed a drug test and was kicked out of the Combine for arguing with a worker from the local hospital, but he still went in the first round. He has the ability to be a very good linebacker at the NFL level if he can remain healthy and stay out of trouble.
Foster recorded 24 tackles for a loss and eight sacks across 24 starts during his college tenure. He never forced a fumble at Alabama, but he stands to be a run-stopping force in the NFL.
- D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) unlikely to be ready for Texans' training camp June 18th, 2018
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Mike McCarthy: Packers using committee approach in backfield June 18th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck says 'pain is gone' in shoulder June 18th, 2018
- Zay Jones has to prove his worth in Bills' offense June 18th, 2018
- 49ers' Reuben Foster reports to Thursday's OTAs May 24th, 2018
- 49ers' Richard Sherman (Achilles) expects to be for training camp May 17th, 2018
- San Francisco 49ers move up in second round to draft WR Dante Pettis April 27th, 2018
- Patriots acquire OT Trent Brown from 49ers April 27th, 2018
- San Francisco 49ers draft OT Mike McGlinchey with ninth pick April 26th, 2018
- 49ers won't allow Reuben Foster to participate in team activities April 15th, 2018