49ers grab Reuben Foster at 31st overall
The San Francisco 49ers traded up with the Seattle Seahawks and selected Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster with the 31st overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft.
Medical and off-field concerns made Foster slip to the end of the first round, but after making some noise about drafting him second overall, the 49ers made their move on Foster at 31st. The 2016 Butkus Award winner failed a drug test and was kicked out of the Combine for arguing with a worker from the local hospital, but he still went in the first round. He has the ability to be a very good linebacker at the NFL level if he can remain healthy and stay out of trouble.
Foster recorded 24 tackles for a loss and eight sacks across 24 starts during his college tenure. He never forced a fumble at Alabama, but he stands to be a run-stopping force in the NFL.
- Falcons' Julio Jones (hip) removed from the injury report October 18th, 2017
- Matt Forte (knee, toe) limited for Jets at Wednesday's practice October 18th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) limited at practice on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Mike Wallace (back) limited at Ravens' practice on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) doesn't practice for Titans Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Marcus Mariota a full participant at Titans' Wednesday practice October 18th, 2017
- George Kittle draws eight targets in 49ers' Week 6 loss October 16th, 2017
- Matt Breida receives six touches in 49ers' Week 6 loss October 16th, 2017
- Brian Hoyer benched heading into Week 7 for 49ers October 16th, 2017
- 49ers name C.J. Beathard starting quarterback October 16th, 2017
- Pierre Garcon unable to convert chances in 49ers loss October 15th, 2017
- C.J. Beathard named the 49ers' starting quarterback the rest of the season October 15th, 2017