Tyler Eifert (back) may not be ready for Bengals' training camp
Cincinnati Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert (back surgery) said he is not sure if he will be ready for training camp.
"I'll have to see how I'm feeling and go from there," Eifert said. "I've still lost a lot of strength with the nerve issues and all of that stuff. ... Once I get my strength back I'll be fine." It is a departure from his comments just one week ago when Eifert said he will "be ready to go by the time it’s go time." Considering how long it took Eifert to recover from an ankle injury last offseason, his health cannot be taken for granted.
Among the 44 tight ends to earn at least 30 targets in 2016, Eifert's 0.88 Reception Net Expected Points per target was fourth-most.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Bengals' Vontaze Burfict facing a four-game suspension for PEDs March 16th, 2018
- Tyler Eifert staying with Bengals for at least one more season March 15th, 2018
- Chris Baker agrees to one-year deal with Bengals March 7th, 2018
- Bengals' impending free agent Tyler Eifert says he is back to full health March 6th, 2018
- Tyler Eifert (back) cleared for Bengals' OTAs February 26th, 2018
- Vikings will reportedly 'consider' A.J. McCarron in free agency February 19th, 2018