Tyler Eifert (back) may not be ready for Bengals' training camp
Cincinnati Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert (back surgery) said he is not sure if he will be ready for training camp.
"I'll have to see how I'm feeling and go from there," Eifert said. "I've still lost a lot of strength with the nerve issues and all of that stuff. ... Once I get my strength back I'll be fine." It is a departure from his comments just one week ago when Eifert said he will "be ready to go by the time it’s go time." Considering how long it took Eifert to recover from an ankle injury last offseason, his health cannot be taken for granted.
Among the 44 tight ends to earn at least 30 targets in 2016, Eifert's 0.88 Reception Net Expected Points per target was fourth-most.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood (hamstring) will not play Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Dez Bryant to make preseason debut for Cowboys on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster dealing with bone bruise August 17th, 2017
- Bills rule Jordan Matthews (chest) inactive for Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi (concussion) will start for Miami on Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay not a first-team lock for Lions August 17th, 2017
- Bengals' John Ross (shoulder) takes part in full squad drills on Monday August 14th, 2017
- Jeremy Hill starts for Bengals in first preseason game August 12th, 2017
- Bengals turned down second-round pick for A.J. McCarron August 10th, 2017
- Jeremy Hill could remain the Bengals' top back all season August 10th, 2017
- Joe Mixon could see 20-plus touches for Bengals in Week 1 August 4th, 2017
- Bengals' George Iloka (knee) out 3-4 weeks July 31st, 2017