Tyler Eifert (back) may not be ready for Bengals' training camp
Cincinnati Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert (back surgery) said he is not sure if he will be ready for training camp.
"I'll have to see how I'm feeling and go from there," Eifert said. "I've still lost a lot of strength with the nerve issues and all of that stuff. ... Once I get my strength back I'll be fine." It is a departure from his comments just one week ago when Eifert said he will "be ready to go by the time it’s go time." Considering how long it took Eifert to recover from an ankle injury last offseason, his health cannot be taken for granted.
Among the 44 tight ends to earn at least 30 targets in 2016, Eifert's 0.88 Reception Net Expected Points per target was fourth-most.
- Jameis Winston goes off for 384 passing yards and 3 scores in Bucs' loss October 22nd, 2017
- Jets' Josh McCown blows up for 4 touchdowns in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Marcus Mariota underwhelms in Titans' OT win over Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Cardinals' Carson Palmer to have surgery on left arm, out eight weeks October 22nd, 2017
- Saints' Drew Brees records his second 300-yard game of the season October 22nd, 2017
- Mitch Trubisky completes just 4 passes in Bears' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Adam Jones (back) is inactive as Bengals face Steelers in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Bengals' John Ross (knee) is listed as questionable for Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Adam Jones (back) doubtful for Bengals versus Steelers October 20th, 2017
- Bengals' John Ross (knee) limited in practice on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Bengals' Joe Mixon projects as a top-20 running back in Week 7 October 18th, 2017
- Bengals' A.J. Green is on pace for career-best in receiving yards October 17th, 2017