Tyler Eifert (back) may not be ready for Bengals' training camp
Cincinnati Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert (back surgery) said he is not sure if he will be ready for training camp.
"I'll have to see how I'm feeling and go from there," Eifert said. "I've still lost a lot of strength with the nerve issues and all of that stuff. ... Once I get my strength back I'll be fine." It is a departure from his comments just one week ago when Eifert said he will "be ready to go by the time it’s go time." Considering how long it took Eifert to recover from an ankle injury last offseason, his health cannot be taken for granted.
Among the 44 tight ends to earn at least 30 targets in 2016, Eifert's 0.88 Reception Net Expected Points per target was fourth-most.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Joe Mixon continues to receive praise from Bengals May 18th, 2017
- Andy Dalton expects major improvement from Bengals' offense May 18th, 2017
- Bengals will feed Joe Mixon early and often May 9th, 2017
- Bengals take the risk and select Joe Mixon with the 48th pick April 28th, 2017
- Browns kicking tires on A.J. McCarron with Bengals April 28th, 2017
- Bengals make John Ross the ninth pick in the draft April 27th, 2017