Tom Savage believes he can stay healthy for Texans in 2017
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage thinks "experience" will help him avoid injuries this season.
The quarterback added he is "very confident" he will be "available." While the confidence is nice, Savage has struggled to stay "available" since entering the league, spraining his knee in his first game action as a rookie, spending all of 2015 on the shelf with a shoulder injury, and missing a playoff game last year because of a concussion. Savage has a golden opportunity to win the starting job in Houston, but he needs to stay on the field to have any chance.
Savage's -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back was sustained over just 78 targets last year. If he were eligible, his rate in this metric would have tied former teammate Brock Osweiler for seventh-worst among the 39 quarterbacks to surpass 100 drop backs in 2016.
- Dallas Goedert could feature in red-zone immediately for Eagles June 17th, 2018
- Jets not giving up on ArDarius Stewart June 17th, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Patrick Peterson embracing new role in Cardinals' secondary June 15th, 2018
- Elijah McGuire pegged as Jets' third-down running back June 15th, 2018
- Saints reportedly sign Terrance West to help fill void June 13th, 2018
- Free agent Tim Hightower is participating in Saints minicamp June 12th, 2018
- Free agent Terrance West visiting the Saints Wednesday June 12th, 2018
- Free agent Jamaal Charles visiting with the New Orleans Saints on Wednesday June 12th, 2018
- Mark Ingram not expected to join Saints until veteran minicamp May 10th, 2018
- Mark Ingram's appeal of 4-game PED ban previously denied by NFL May 9th, 2018