Tom Savage believes he can stay healthy for Texans in 2017
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage thinks "experience" will help him avoid injuries this season.
The quarterback added he is "very confident" he will be "available." While the confidence is nice, Savage has struggled to stay "available" since entering the league, spraining his knee in his first game action as a rookie, spending all of 2015 on the shelf with a shoulder injury, and missing a playoff game last year because of a concussion. Savage has a golden opportunity to win the starting job in Houston, but he needs to stay on the field to have any chance.
Savage's -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back was sustained over just 78 targets last year. If he were eligible, his rate in this metric would have tied former teammate Brock Osweiler for seventh-worst among the 39 quarterbacks to surpass 100 drop backs in 2016.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Braxton Miller working with Wes Welker at Texans' OTAs June 1st, 2017
- Texans' J.J. Watt (back) feeling fantastic in recovery May 14th, 2017
- Texans' D'Onta Foreman will cut into Lamar Miller's work May 7th, 2017
- Texans intend to use D'Onta Freeman as change-of-pace option May 1st, 2017
- Jay Cutler interested in playing for Texans, never got called back April 30th, 2017
- D'Onta Foreman stays in Texas, with Texans at 89th overall April 29th, 2017