Tom Savage believes he can stay healthy for Texans in 2017
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage thinks "experience" will help him avoid injuries this season.
The quarterback added he is "very confident" he will be "available." While the confidence is nice, Savage has struggled to stay "available" since entering the league, spraining his knee in his first game action as a rookie, spending all of 2015 on the shelf with a shoulder injury, and missing a playoff game last year because of a concussion. Savage has a golden opportunity to win the starting job in Houston, but he needs to stay on the field to have any chance.
Savage's -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back was sustained over just 78 targets last year. If he were eligible, his rate in this metric would have tied former teammate Brock Osweiler for seventh-worst among the 39 quarterbacks to surpass 100 drop backs in 2016.
- Pats' Rob Gronkowski (concussion) officially out for rest of Sunday's game January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski (head) questionable to return for Patriots on Sunday January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette are co-favorites to score first touchdown in AFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Case Keenum reportedly may receive franchise tag from Vikings January 21st, 2018
- Vikings' Adam Thielen dealing with 'slight' back fractures for NFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) to play for Vikings in NFC Championship Game January 21st, 2018
- Texans sign coach Bill O'Brien to a four-year extension January 13th, 2018
- Texans' Deshaun Watson (knee) ahead of schedule January 2nd, 2018
- Texans' J.J. Watt (knee) on track for training camp January 1st, 2018
- Texans' Will Fuller (knee) out for remainder of Sunday's game December 31st, 2017
- Texans' DeAndre Hopkins (calf) ruled out for Week 17 December 29th, 2017
- Texans say DeAndre Hopkins (calf) could be game-time call December 28th, 2017