Tom Savage believes he can stay healthy for Texans in 2017
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage thinks "experience" will help him avoid injuries this season.
The quarterback added he is "very confident" he will be "available." While the confidence is nice, Savage has struggled to stay "available" since entering the league, spraining his knee in his first game action as a rookie, spending all of 2015 on the shelf with a shoulder injury, and missing a playoff game last year because of a concussion. Savage has a golden opportunity to win the starting job in Houston, but he needs to stay on the field to have any chance.
Savage's -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back was sustained over just 78 targets last year. If he were eligible, his rate in this metric would have tied former teammate Brock Osweiler for seventh-worst among the 39 quarterbacks to surpass 100 drop backs in 2016.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood (hamstring) will not play Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Dez Bryant to make preseason debut for Cowboys on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster dealing with bone bruise August 17th, 2017
- Bills rule Jordan Matthews (chest) inactive for Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi (concussion) will start for Miami on Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay not a first-team lock for Lions August 17th, 2017
- Deshaun Watson gaining confidence running Texans' offense August 17th, 2017
- Texans' Braxton Miller suffered mild ankle sprain August 14th, 2017
- Texans' D'Onta Foreman post 76 yards on nine rushes August 10th, 2017
- Deshaun Watson impresses in Texans' preseason opener August 10th, 2017
- Tom Savage will start Texans' first preseason game August 8th, 2017
- Tom Savage clearly ahead of Deshaun Watson at Texans' camp August 6th, 2017