Tom Savage believes he can stay healthy for Texans in 2017
Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage thinks "experience" will help him avoid injuries this season.
The quarterback added he is "very confident" he will be "available." While the confidence is nice, Savage has struggled to stay "available" since entering the league, spraining his knee in his first game action as a rookie, spending all of 2015 on the shelf with a shoulder injury, and missing a playoff game last year because of a concussion. Savage has a golden opportunity to win the starting job in Houston, but he needs to stay on the field to have any chance.
Savage's -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back was sustained over just 78 targets last year. If he were eligible, his rate in this metric would have tied former teammate Brock Osweiler for seventh-worst among the 39 quarterbacks to surpass 100 drop backs in 2016.
- Jameis Winston goes off for 384 passing yards and 3 scores in Bucs' loss October 22nd, 2017
- Jets' Josh McCown blows up for 4 touchdowns in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Marcus Mariota underwhelms in Titans' OT win over Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Cardinals' Carson Palmer to have surgery on left arm, out eight weeks October 22nd, 2017
- Saints' Drew Brees records his second 300-yard game of the season October 22nd, 2017
- Mitch Trubisky completes just 4 passes in Bears' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Will Fuller scores once again in Texans' Week 6 blowout October 15th, 2017
- Texans' Ryan Griffin sees 8 targets in Week 6's win October 15th, 2017
- D'Onta Foreman receives 12 touches in Texans' Week 6 victory October 15th, 2017
- Texans' Deshaun Watson passes for 3 touchdowns again in Week 6 October 15th, 2017
- DeAndre Hopkins catches a touchdown in Texans' Week 6 win October 15th, 2017
- Lamar Miller sees 18 touches in Texans' win over Browns October 15th, 2017