Patriots still open to trading Jimmy Garoppolo
New England Patriots quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo isn't necessarily unavailable for a possible trade, director of player personnel Nick Caserio mentioned on Tuesday.
It's never made sense for the Pats to categorically close the door on a trade since keeping Garoppolo beyond 2017 would likely require the franchise tag, but their asking prices have been astronomical for a player with fewer than 100 career passing attempts. With draft week nearly here, we should soon know Garoppolo's 2017 status once and for all.
If Garoppolo had qualified, his 0.44 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back would have ranked first among all quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs in 2016.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood (hamstring) will not play Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Dez Bryant to make preseason debut for Cowboys on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster dealing with bone bruise August 17th, 2017
- Bills rule Jordan Matthews (chest) inactive for Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi (concussion) will start for Miami on Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay not a first-team lock for Lions August 17th, 2017
- Malcolm Mitchell (knee) limited to individual drills at Patriots' camp August 13th, 2017
- Dwayne Allen more comfortable in Patriots' offense August 13th, 2017
- Kony Ealy fighting for roster spot with Patriots August 10th, 2017
- Patriots' Brandin Cooks shining in joint practices August 9th, 2017
- Rex Burkhead seeing short-yardage reps in Patriots' backfield August 4th, 2017
- Andrew Hawkins retiring from the NFL July 25th, 2017