Patriots still open to trading Jimmy Garoppolo
New England Patriots quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo isn't necessarily unavailable for a possible trade, director of player personnel Nick Caserio mentioned on Tuesday.
It's never made sense for the Pats to categorically close the door on a trade since keeping Garoppolo beyond 2017 would likely require the franchise tag, but their asking prices have been astronomical for a player with fewer than 100 career passing attempts. With draft week nearly here, we should soon know Garoppolo's 2017 status once and for all.
If Garoppolo had qualified, his 0.44 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back would have ranked first among all quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs in 2016.
- Jameis Winston goes off for 384 passing yards and 3 scores in Bucs' loss October 22nd, 2017
- Jets' Josh McCown blows up for 4 touchdowns in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Marcus Mariota underwhelms in Titans' OT win over Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Cardinals' Carson Palmer to have surgery on left arm, out eight weeks October 22nd, 2017
- Saints' Drew Brees records his second 300-yard game of the season October 22nd, 2017
- Mitch Trubisky completes just 4 passes in Bears' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) will play in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Chris Hogan (ribs) limited again for Patriots Thursday October 19th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) limited at practice on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- James White totals 45 yards in Patriots' Week 6 win October 15th, 2017
- Mike Gillislee loses fumble in Patriots' Week 6 win October 15th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan held to 1 catch in win over Jets October 15th, 2017