Patriots still open to trading Jimmy Garoppolo
New England Patriots quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo isn't necessarily unavailable for a possible trade, director of player personnel Nick Caserio mentioned on Tuesday.
It's never made sense for the Pats to categorically close the door on a trade since keeping Garoppolo beyond 2017 would likely require the franchise tag, but their asking prices have been astronomical for a player with fewer than 100 career passing attempts. With draft week nearly here, we should soon know Garoppolo's 2017 status once and for all.
If Garoppolo had qualified, his 0.44 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back would have ranked first among all quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs in 2016.
- Pats' Rob Gronkowski (concussion) officially out for rest of Sunday's game January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski (head) questionable to return for Patriots on Sunday January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette are co-favorites to score first touchdown in AFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Case Keenum reportedly may receive franchise tag from Vikings January 21st, 2018
- Vikings' Adam Thielen dealing with 'slight' back fractures for NFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) to play for Vikings in NFC Championship Game January 21st, 2018
- 49ers' Reuben Foster arrested on marijuana possession January 13th, 2018
- 'Confidence on both sides' that Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers will reach deal January 13th, 2018
- Marquise Goodwin exits 49ers' game early with head injury December 31st, 2017
- 49ers' Marquise Goodwin (back) limited in Wednesday's practice December 27th, 2017
- Jimmy Garoppolo leads 49ers to fourth-straight win in Week 16 December 25th, 2017
- Marquise Goodwin hauls in career-high 10 receptions in 49ers' win on Sunday December 17th, 2017