Malcolm Butler plans to sit out Patriots' OTAs
New England Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler has "no intention" of participating in the team's voluntary workouts, CSN New England reports.
Butler signed his restricted free agent tender on Tuesday but is still waiting out a potential trade to the New Orleans Saints. Reports have had talks as remaining open. The saga should be settled by the end of the draft.
Butler would upgrade a New Orleans secondary that was third-worst in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Dallas Goedert could feature in red-zone immediately for Eagles June 17th, 2018
- Jets not giving up on ArDarius Stewart June 17th, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Patrick Peterson embracing new role in Cardinals' secondary June 15th, 2018
- Elijah McGuire pegged as Jets' third-down running back June 15th, 2018
- Rex Burkhead, James White seeing bulk of Patriots' first-team work June 13th, 2018
- Report: Patriots were shopping Rob Gronkowski prior to NFL Draft June 13th, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski "likely" to get a new contract June 11th, 2018
- Patriots' Julian Edelman reportedly facing four-game suspension for PEDs June 7th, 2018
- Tom Brady reportedly sitting out of Patriots' OTAs May 21st, 2018
- Patriots acquire OT Trent Brown from 49ers April 27th, 2018