Malcolm Butler plans to sit out Patriots' OTAs
New England Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler has "no intention" of participating in the team's voluntary workouts, CSN New England reports.
Butler signed his restricted free agent tender on Tuesday but is still waiting out a potential trade to the New Orleans Saints. Reports have had talks as remaining open. The saga should be settled by the end of the draft.
Butler would upgrade a New Orleans secondary that was third-worst in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Falcons confident in Devonta Freeman extension June 20th, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Chris Hogan working as Patriots' third receiver June 16th, 2017
- Patriots' Brandin Cooks lining up everywhere at OTAs June 9th, 2017
- Patriots likely won't cut Dion Lewis May 28th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski was a full participant at Patriots' OTAs May 27th, 2017
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski (back) cleared to return to practice May 25th, 2017