Malcolm Butler plans to sit out Patriots' OTAs
New England Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler has "no intention" of participating in the team's voluntary workouts, CSN New England reports.
Butler signed his restricted free agent tender on Tuesday but is still waiting out a potential trade to the New Orleans Saints. Reports have had talks as remaining open. The saga should be settled by the end of the draft.
Butler would upgrade a New Orleans secondary that was third-worst in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Giants add Wayne Gallman to running back core with the 140th pick April 29th, 2017
- Packers draft BYU running back Jamaal Williams April 29th, 2017
- 49ers move up to draft Joe Williams at 121 April 29th, 2017
- Redskins take Samaje Perine 114th overall April 29th, 2017
- 49ers acquire Kapri Bibbs from Broncos for a 2018 fourth-round pick April 29th, 2017
- Jaguars select Dede Westbrook at 110th overall April 29th, 2017
- Patriots exercise Brandin Cooks's fifth-year option April 29th, 2017
- Saints not ruling out Day 2 trade for Patriots' Malcolm Butler April 28th, 2017
- Patriots refused Browns' last-ditch attempt to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo April 28th, 2017
- Mike Gillislee to replace LeGarrette Blount in New England's backfield April 24th, 2017
- Mike Gillislee officially a Patriot after Bills fail to match April 24th, 2017
- Patriots will trade Malcolm Butler to Saints this week or not at all April 23rd, 2017