Browns' Cody Kessler hoping to improve on deep passing in 2017
Cleveland Browns quarterback Cody Kessler hopes to improve his deep ball as a second-year pro.
"I definitely spent countless hours in the weight room and out on the field and really, really emphasized pushing the ball down field and different things with my mechanics," Kessler said. Kessler's arm strength was a known issue coming out of USC. Currently penciled in as the Browns' starter, Kessler will be getting competition, if not an outright replacement, in the draft.
Among the 39 quarterbacks who had at least 100 drop backs this year, Kessler ranked 17th in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Browns sign Jarvis Landry to five-year extension April 12th, 2018
- Redskins acquire quarterback Kevin Hogan in trade with Browns April 7th, 2018
- Jeff Janis signs with Browns March 31st, 2018
- Jaguars acquire Cody Kessler from Browns to back up Blake Bortles March 28th, 2018
- Browns name Tyrod Taylor starting quarterback for 2018 March 15th, 2018
- Update: Patriots have twins, acquire Jason McCourty from Browns March 15th, 2018