Browns' Cody Kessler hoping to improve on deep passing in 2017
Cleveland Browns quarterback Cody Kessler hopes to improve his deep ball as a second-year pro.
"I definitely spent countless hours in the weight room and out on the field and really, really emphasized pushing the ball down field and different things with my mechanics," Kessler said. Kessler's arm strength was a known issue coming out of USC. Currently penciled in as the Browns' starter, Kessler will be getting competition, if not an outright replacement, in the draft.
Among the 39 quarterbacks who had at least 100 drop backs this year, Kessler ranked 17th in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back.
- Jameis Winston goes off for 384 passing yards and 3 scores in Bucs' loss October 22nd, 2017
- Jets' Josh McCown blows up for 4 touchdowns in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Marcus Mariota underwhelms in Titans' OT win over Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Cardinals' Carson Palmer to have surgery on left arm, out eight weeks October 22nd, 2017
- Saints' Drew Brees records his second 300-yard game of the season October 22nd, 2017
- Mitch Trubisky completes just 4 passes in Bears' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Deshone Kizer benched by the Browns on Sunday October 22nd, 2017
- Browns' Jason McCourty (ankle) likely to be out against Titans October 22nd, 2017
- Kenny Britt (knee, groin) expected to play Week 7 for Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Browns' Kenny Britt, Corey Coleman sent home from Houston last week October 21st, 2017
- Jason McCourty injures ankle at Friday's practice, questionable for Browns October 20th, 2017
- Kenny Britt (knee, groin) limited again Thursday for Browns October 19th, 2017