Browns' Cody Kessler hoping to improve on deep passing in 2017
Cleveland Browns quarterback Cody Kessler hopes to improve his deep ball as a second-year pro.
"I definitely spent countless hours in the weight room and out on the field and really, really emphasized pushing the ball down field and different things with my mechanics," Kessler said. Kessler's arm strength was a known issue coming out of USC. Currently penciled in as the Browns' starter, Kessler will be getting competition, if not an outright replacement, in the draft.
Among the 39 quarterbacks who had at least 100 drop backs this year, Kessler ranked 17th in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back.
- Dallas Goedert could feature in red-zone immediately for Eagles June 17th, 2018
- Jets not giving up on ArDarius Stewart June 17th, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Patrick Peterson embracing new role in Cardinals' secondary June 15th, 2018
- Elijah McGuire pegged as Jets' third-down running back June 15th, 2018
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins to be integral part of Jaguars' offense June 14th, 2018
- Jaguars' Leonard Fournette slimming down for 2018 season June 12th, 2018
- Jaguars want to use Corey Grant more in 2018 June 1st, 2018
- Jacksonville Jaguars add WR D.J. Chark with the 61st overall pick April 27th, 2018
- Jaguars acquire Cody Kessler from Browns to back up Blake Bortles March 28th, 2018
- Corey Grant reportedly re-signs with Jaguars for a year March 22nd, 2018