Browns' Cody Kessler hoping to improve on deep passing in 2017
Cleveland Browns quarterback Cody Kessler hopes to improve his deep ball as a second-year pro.
"I definitely spent countless hours in the weight room and out on the field and really, really emphasized pushing the ball down field and different things with my mechanics," Kessler said. Kessler's arm strength was a known issue coming out of USC. Currently penciled in as the Browns' starter, Kessler will be getting competition, if not an outright replacement, in the draft.
Among the 39 quarterbacks who had at least 100 drop backs this year, Kessler ranked 17th in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back.
- Pats' Rob Gronkowski (concussion) officially out for rest of Sunday's game January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski (head) questionable to return for Patriots on Sunday January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette are co-favorites to score first touchdown in AFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Case Keenum reportedly may receive franchise tag from Vikings January 21st, 2018
- Vikings' Adam Thielen dealing with 'slight' back fractures for NFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) to play for Vikings in NFC Championship Game January 21st, 2018
- Washington's Terrelle Pryor a possible 'fit' for return to Browns January 17th, 2018
- Bengals' A.J. McCarron wanted 'opportunity' to start for Browns January 16th, 2018
- Browns expected to have interest in Chiefs' Alex Smith January 12th, 2018
- Browns' DeShone Kizer finishes rookie season with league-leading 22 interceptions January 1st, 2018
- Browns' Isaiah Crowell (shoulder, ribs) removed from injury report December 29th, 2017
- UCLA's Josh Rosen could return to school to avoid Browns selection December 24th, 2017