Browns' Cody Kessler hoping to improve on deep passing in 2017
Cleveland Browns quarterback Cody Kessler hopes to improve his deep ball as a second-year pro.
"I definitely spent countless hours in the weight room and out on the field and really, really emphasized pushing the ball down field and different things with my mechanics," Kessler said. Kessler's arm strength was a known issue coming out of USC. Currently penciled in as the Browns' starter, Kessler will be getting competition, if not an outright replacement, in the draft.
Among the 39 quarterbacks who had at least 100 drop backs this year, Kessler ranked 17th in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back.
- Giants add Wayne Gallman to running back core with the 140th pick April 29th, 2017
- Packers draft BYU running back Jamaal Williams April 29th, 2017
- 49ers move up to draft Joe Williams at 121 April 29th, 2017
- Redskins take Samaje Perine 114th overall April 29th, 2017
- 49ers acquire Kapri Bibbs from Broncos for a 2018 fourth-round pick April 29th, 2017
- Jaguars select Dede Westbrook at 110th overall April 29th, 2017
- DeShone Kizer will have chance to compete for Browns' starting job April 29th, 2017
- Browns find their quarterback, select DeShone Kizer with the 52nd pick April 28th, 2017
- Patriots refused Browns' last-ditch attempt to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo April 28th, 2017
- Gary Barnidge cut by Browns April 28th, 2017
- Browns kicking tires on A.J. McCarron with Bengals April 28th, 2017
- Browns select Jabrill Peppers at 25th overall April 28th, 2017