Browns' Cody Kessler hoping to improve on deep passing in 2017
Cleveland Browns quarterback Cody Kessler hopes to improve his deep ball as a second-year pro.
"I definitely spent countless hours in the weight room and out on the field and really, really emphasized pushing the ball down field and different things with my mechanics," Kessler said. Kessler's arm strength was a known issue coming out of USC. Currently penciled in as the Browns' starter, Kessler will be getting competition, if not an outright replacement, in the draft.
Among the 39 quarterbacks who had at least 100 drop backs this year, Kessler ranked 17th in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood (hamstring) will not play Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Dez Bryant to make preseason debut for Cowboys on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster dealing with bone bruise August 17th, 2017
- Bills rule Jordan Matthews (chest) inactive for Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi (concussion) will start for Miami on Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay not a first-team lock for Lions August 17th, 2017
- Matt Dayes could be surprise challenger in Browns' backfield August 17th, 2017
- Josh Gordon's reinstatement not actively being considered by NFL August 17th, 2017
- Brock Osweiler will start Browns' second preseason game August 16th, 2017
- DeShone Kizer impresses, Browns unwilling to name him starter August 11th, 2017
- Browns had no interest in trading Brock Osweiler to Dolphins August 7th, 2017
- Brock Osweiler to start Browns' first preseason game August 7th, 2017