James White signs three-year extension with Patriots
The New England Patriots signed running back James White to a three-year extension through 2020.
The Patriots signed Buffalo Bills restricted free agent Mike Gillislee to a two-year offer sheet, so there will be a crowded backfield with Rex Burkhead and Dion Lewis already in tow. White has been more pass-catcher than runner the past two seasons, notching 39 more receptions than carries. It's almost certain the Patriots are moving on from LeGarrette Blount.
White generated 0.46 Reception Net Expected Points per target, the sixth-most among 21 running backs to top 50 targets in 2016.
- Giants add Wayne Gallman to running back core with the 140th pick April 29th, 2017
- Packers draft BYU running back Jamaal Williams April 29th, 2017
- 49ers move up to draft Joe Williams at 121 April 29th, 2017
- Redskins take Samaje Perine 114th overall April 29th, 2017
- 49ers acquire Kapri Bibbs from Broncos for a 2018 fourth-round pick April 29th, 2017
- Jaguars select Dede Westbrook at 110th overall April 29th, 2017
- Patriots exercise Brandin Cooks's fifth-year option April 29th, 2017
- Saints not ruling out Day 2 trade for Patriots' Malcolm Butler April 28th, 2017
- Patriots refused Browns' last-ditch attempt to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo April 28th, 2017
- Mike Gillislee to replace LeGarrette Blount in New England's backfield April 24th, 2017
- Mike Gillislee officially a Patriot after Bills fail to match April 24th, 2017
- Patriots will trade Malcolm Butler to Saints this week or not at all April 23rd, 2017