James White signs three-year extension with Patriots
The New England Patriots signed running back James White to a three-year extension through 2020.
The Patriots signed Buffalo Bills restricted free agent Mike Gillislee to a two-year offer sheet, so there will be a crowded backfield with Rex Burkhead and Dion Lewis already in tow. White has been more pass-catcher than runner the past two seasons, notching 39 more receptions than carries. It's almost certain the Patriots are moving on from LeGarrette Blount.
White generated 0.46 Reception Net Expected Points per target, the sixth-most among 21 running backs to top 50 targets in 2016.
- Jameis Winston goes off for 384 passing yards and 3 scores in Bucs' loss October 22nd, 2017
- Jets' Josh McCown blows up for 4 touchdowns in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Marcus Mariota underwhelms in Titans' OT win over Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Cardinals' Carson Palmer to have surgery on left arm, out eight weeks October 22nd, 2017
- Saints' Drew Brees records his second 300-yard game of the season October 22nd, 2017
- Mitch Trubisky completes just 4 passes in Bears' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) will play in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Chris Hogan (ribs) limited again for Patriots Thursday October 19th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) limited at practice on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- James White totals 45 yards in Patriots' Week 6 win October 15th, 2017
- Mike Gillislee loses fumble in Patriots' Week 6 win October 15th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan held to 1 catch in win over Jets October 15th, 2017