James White signs three-year extension with Patriots
The New England Patriots signed running back James White to a three-year extension through 2020.
The Patriots signed Buffalo Bills restricted free agent Mike Gillislee to a two-year offer sheet, so there will be a crowded backfield with Rex Burkhead and Dion Lewis already in tow. White has been more pass-catcher than runner the past two seasons, notching 39 more receptions than carries. It's almost certain the Patriots are moving on from LeGarrette Blount.
White generated 0.46 Reception Net Expected Points per target, the sixth-most among 21 running backs to top 50 targets in 2016.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Falcons confident in Devonta Freeman extension June 20th, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Chris Hogan working as Patriots' third receiver June 16th, 2017
- Patriots' Brandin Cooks lining up everywhere at OTAs June 9th, 2017
- Patriots likely won't cut Dion Lewis May 28th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski was a full participant at Patriots' OTAs May 27th, 2017
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski (back) cleared to return to practice May 25th, 2017