James White signs three-year extension with Patriots
The New England Patriots signed running back James White to a three-year extension through 2020.
The Patriots signed Buffalo Bills restricted free agent Mike Gillislee to a two-year offer sheet, so there will be a crowded backfield with Rex Burkhead and Dion Lewis already in tow. White has been more pass-catcher than runner the past two seasons, notching 39 more receptions than carries. It's almost certain the Patriots are moving on from LeGarrette Blount.
White generated 0.46 Reception Net Expected Points per target, the sixth-most among 21 running backs to top 50 targets in 2016.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood (hamstring) will not play Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Dez Bryant to make preseason debut for Cowboys on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster dealing with bone bruise August 17th, 2017
- Bills rule Jordan Matthews (chest) inactive for Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi (concussion) will start for Miami on Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay not a first-team lock for Lions August 17th, 2017
- Malcolm Mitchell (knee) limited to individual drills at Patriots' camp August 13th, 2017
- Dwayne Allen more comfortable in Patriots' offense August 13th, 2017
- Kony Ealy fighting for roster spot with Patriots August 10th, 2017
- Patriots' Brandin Cooks shining in joint practices August 9th, 2017
- Rex Burkhead seeing short-yardage reps in Patriots' backfield August 4th, 2017
- Andrew Hawkins retiring from the NFL July 25th, 2017