Telvin Smith not concerned about extension with Jaguars yet
Jacksonville Jaguars weak-side linebacker Telvin Smith said he isn't concerned about a potential contract extension.
Smith is entering the final year of his rookie deal. A 2014 fifth-rounder out of Florida State, Smith is a premium asset in today's NFL as a linebacker who possesses a combination of safety speed and sideline-to-sideline ability. Jaguars beat writer Ryan O'Halloran believes Smith could command a Kiko Alonso-type deal, somewhere near Alonso's four years and $28 million.
The Jaguars finished last season ranked 14th in opponent-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play.
- Dallas Goedert could feature in red-zone immediately for Eagles June 17th, 2018
- Jets not giving up on ArDarius Stewart June 17th, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Patrick Peterson embracing new role in Cardinals' secondary June 15th, 2018
- Elijah McGuire pegged as Jets' third-down running back June 15th, 2018
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins to be integral part of Jaguars' offense June 14th, 2018
- Jaguars' Leonard Fournette slimming down for 2018 season June 12th, 2018
- Jaguars want to use Corey Grant more in 2018 June 1st, 2018
- Jacksonville Jaguars add WR D.J. Chark with the 61st overall pick April 27th, 2018
- Jaguars acquire Cody Kessler from Browns to back up Blake Bortles March 28th, 2018
- Corey Grant reportedly re-signs with Jaguars for a year March 22nd, 2018