Telvin Smith not concerned about extension with Jaguars yet
Jacksonville Jaguars weak-side linebacker Telvin Smith said he isn't concerned about a potential contract extension.
Smith is entering the final year of his rookie deal. A 2014 fifth-rounder out of Florida State, Smith is a premium asset in today's NFL as a linebacker who possesses a combination of safety speed and sideline-to-sideline ability. Jaguars beat writer Ryan O'Halloran believes Smith could command a Kiko Alonso-type deal, somewhere near Alonso's four years and $28 million.
The Jaguars finished last season ranked 14th in opponent-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play.
- Pats' Rob Gronkowski (concussion) officially out for rest of Sunday's game January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski (head) questionable to return for Patriots on Sunday January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette are co-favorites to score first touchdown in AFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Case Keenum reportedly may receive franchise tag from Vikings January 21st, 2018
- Vikings' Adam Thielen dealing with 'slight' back fractures for NFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) to play for Vikings in NFC Championship Game January 21st, 2018
- Jaguars' Tashaun Gipson (foot) questionable for AFC Championship January 19th, 2018
- Jaguars' Dede Westbrook projected for minor impact in AFC Championship January 18th, 2018
- Jaguars' Allen Hurns projected for another quiet performance in AFC Championship January 18th, 2018
- Keelan Cole projected to play a minimal role in AFC Championship Game for Jaguars January 18th, 2018
- Jaguars' Josh Lambo looking to stay perfect in playoffs versus Patriots on Sunday January 18th, 2018
- Jaguars' T.J. Yeldon projected for limited role on Sunday January 18th, 2018