Telvin Smith not concerned about extension with Jaguars yet
Jacksonville Jaguars weak-side linebacker Telvin Smith said he isn't concerned about a potential contract extension.
Smith is entering the final year of his rookie deal. A 2014 fifth-rounder out of Florida State, Smith is a premium asset in today's NFL as a linebacker who possesses a combination of safety speed and sideline-to-sideline ability. Jaguars beat writer Ryan O'Halloran believes Smith could command a Kiko Alonso-type deal, somewhere near Alonso's four years and $28 million.
The Jaguars finished last season ranked 14th in opponent-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood (hamstring) will not play Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Dez Bryant to make preseason debut for Cowboys on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster dealing with bone bruise August 17th, 2017
- Bills rule Jordan Matthews (chest) inactive for Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi (concussion) will start for Miami on Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay not a first-team lock for Lions August 17th, 2017
- Leonard Fournette will not play in Jaguars' second preseason game August 14th, 2017
- Leonard Fournette (foot) sitting out Jaguars' practice on Sunday August 13th, 2017
- Marqise Lee (ankle) carted off from Jaguars' practice August 13th, 2017
- Jaguars' Dante Fowler Jr. struggling with mental mistakes August 10th, 2017
- Free agent DeAngelo Williams says he wouldn't play for four teams July 12th, 2017
- Jaguars running Mychal Rivera with starters in OTAs June 12th, 2017