Lions liking what they see in Jace Billingsley
Detroit Lions wide receiver Golden Tate singled out second-year receiver Jace Billingsley as a player who could earn more playing time this season.
This isn't the first time Billingsley's name has come up this offseason. Dubbed "White Thunder" by Tate, Billingsley is a small, shifty slot receiver at 5'8" and 189 pounds. "He reminds me a lot of a younger me," Tate said. "Just very, very shifty. I think he’s got some running back in him. ... I hope to see him out there. I trust him. I think he’s a heck of a player."
Tate himself turned in a season with the eighth-lowest Reception NEP per target among the 41 receivers to see at least 100 targets in 2016. If Billingsley is like a younger Tate, he might be a high-volume and low-impact option in the passing game for the Lions' future.
- Jameis Winston goes off for 384 passing yards and 3 scores in Bucs' loss October 22nd, 2017
- Jets' Josh McCown blows up for 4 touchdowns in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Marcus Mariota underwhelms in Titans' OT win over Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Cardinals' Carson Palmer to have surgery on left arm, out eight weeks October 22nd, 2017
- Saints' Drew Brees records his second 300-yard game of the season October 22nd, 2017
- Mitch Trubisky completes just 4 passes in Bears' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Lions' Golden Tate (shoulder) seen sporting a sling October 21st, 2017
- Lions' Golden Tate (shoulder) expected to miss a few weeks October 16th, 2017
- Theo Riddick catches five passes in Lions' Week 6 loss October 16th, 2017
- Eric Ebron continues to struggle in Lions' Week 6 loss October 16th, 2017
- Marvin Jones leads Lions with 15 targets in loss to Saints October 15th, 2017
- Lions' Golden Tate has 96 yards and 1 touchdown in loss to Saints October 15th, 2017