Lions liking what they see in Jace Billingsley
Detroit Lions wide receiver Golden Tate singled out second-year receiver Jace Billingsley as a player who could earn more playing time this season.
This isn't the first time Billingsley's name has come up this offseason. Dubbed "White Thunder" by Tate, Billingsley is a small, shifty slot receiver at 5'8" and 189 pounds. "He reminds me a lot of a younger me," Tate said. "Just very, very shifty. I think he’s got some running back in him. ... I hope to see him out there. I trust him. I think he’s a heck of a player."
Tate himself turned in a season with the eighth-lowest Reception NEP per target among the 41 receivers to see at least 100 targets in 2016. If Billingsley is like a younger Tate, he might be a high-volume and low-impact option in the passing game for the Lions' future.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Lions sign Luke Willson to 1-year, $2.5 million contract March 21st, 2018
- Frank Gore, Lions reportedly close to deal March 14th, 2018
- Eric Ebron released by Lions March 14th, 2018
- Report: Lions 'listening' to offers for Eric Ebron March 7th, 2018
- Lions use franchise tag on Ezekiel Ansah February 27th, 2018
- Lions not expected to release Eric Ebron February 19th, 2018