Lions liking what they see in Jace Billingsley
Detroit Lions wide receiver Golden Tate singled out second-year receiver Jace Billingsley as a player who could earn more playing time this season.
This isn't the first time Billingsley's name has come up this offseason. Dubbed "White Thunder" by Tate, Billingsley is a small, shifty slot receiver at 5'8" and 189 pounds. "He reminds me a lot of a younger me," Tate said. "Just very, very shifty. I think he’s got some running back in him. ... I hope to see him out there. I trust him. I think he’s a heck of a player."
Tate himself turned in a season with the eighth-lowest Reception NEP per target among the 41 receivers to see at least 100 targets in 2016. If Billingsley is like a younger Tate, he might be a high-volume and low-impact option in the passing game for the Lions' future.
- Giants add Wayne Gallman to running back core with the 140th pick April 29th, 2017
- Packers draft BYU running back Jamaal Williams April 29th, 2017
- 49ers move up to draft Joe Williams at 121 April 29th, 2017
- Redskins take Samaje Perine 114th overall April 29th, 2017
- 49ers acquire Kapri Bibbs from Broncos for a 2018 fourth-round pick April 29th, 2017
- Jaguars select Dede Westbrook at 110th overall April 29th, 2017
- Lions take raw size prospect Kenny Golladay at 96th overall April 29th, 2017
- Lions liking what they see in Jace Billingsley April 19th, 2017
- Ravens and Lions have expressed interest in Anquan Boldin April 6th, 2017
- Lions believe in Miles Killebrew as a safety April 2nd, 2017
- Adrian Peterson a possible fit for Raiders, Lions March 16th, 2017
- Anquan Boldin will return for another season March 13th, 2017