Lions liking what they see in Jace Billingsley
Detroit Lions wide receiver Golden Tate singled out second-year receiver Jace Billingsley as a player who could earn more playing time this season.
This isn't the first time Billingsley's name has come up this offseason. Dubbed "White Thunder" by Tate, Billingsley is a small, shifty slot receiver at 5'8" and 189 pounds. "He reminds me a lot of a younger me," Tate said. "Just very, very shifty. I think he’s got some running back in him. ... I hope to see him out there. I trust him. I think he’s a heck of a player."
Tate himself turned in a season with the eighth-lowest Reception NEP per target among the 41 receivers to see at least 100 targets in 2016. If Billingsley is like a younger Tate, he might be a high-volume and low-impact option in the passing game for the Lions' future.
- Dallas Goedert could feature in red-zone immediately for Eagles June 17th, 2018
- Jets not giving up on ArDarius Stewart June 17th, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Patrick Peterson embracing new role in Cardinals' secondary June 15th, 2018
- Elijah McGuire pegged as Jets' third-down running back June 15th, 2018
- Lions see rookie Kerryon Johnson as a three-down back June 1st, 2018
- Dolphins acquire Akeem Spence in trade with Lions May 3rd, 2018
- Detroit Lions trade up to 43 to take Auburn RB Kerryon Johnson April 27th, 2018
- Lions sign Luke Willson to 1-year, $2.5 million contract March 21st, 2018
- Frank Gore, Lions reportedly close to deal March 14th, 2018
- Eric Ebron released by Lions March 14th, 2018