Patriots sign Mike Gillislee to a $6.4 million offer sheet
The New England Patriots have signed Buffalo Bills restricted free agent running back Mike Gillislee to a two-year, $6.4 million offer sheet.
All indications are that the Bills will not match the offer and will lose their backup running back to the Patriots for a fifth-round pick. His addition to New England's stable of backs likely means LeGarrette Blount's days as a Patriot are over.
Gillislee finished the 2016 season with 627 total yards and nine touchdowns while posting 0.30 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt -- ranking him first overall out of the 42 running backs with at least 100 carries.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Falcons confident in Devonta Freeman extension June 20th, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Chris Hogan working as Patriots' third receiver June 16th, 2017
- Patriots' Brandin Cooks lining up everywhere at OTAs June 9th, 2017
- Patriots likely won't cut Dion Lewis May 28th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski was a full participant at Patriots' OTAs May 27th, 2017
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski (back) cleared to return to practice May 25th, 2017