Patriots sign Mike Gillislee to a $6.4 million offer sheet
The New England Patriots have signed Buffalo Bills restricted free agent running back Mike Gillislee to a two-year, $6.4 million offer sheet.
All indications are that the Bills will not match the offer and will lose their backup running back to the Patriots for a fifth-round pick. His addition to New England's stable of backs likely means LeGarrette Blount's days as a Patriot are over.
Gillislee finished the 2016 season with 627 total yards and nine touchdowns while posting 0.30 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt -- ranking him first overall out of the 42 running backs with at least 100 carries.
- Dallas Goedert could feature in red-zone immediately for Eagles June 17th, 2018
- Jets not giving up on ArDarius Stewart June 17th, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Patrick Peterson embracing new role in Cardinals' secondary June 15th, 2018
- Elijah McGuire pegged as Jets' third-down running back June 15th, 2018
- Rex Burkhead, James White seeing bulk of Patriots' first-team work June 13th, 2018
- Report: Patriots were shopping Rob Gronkowski prior to NFL Draft June 13th, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski "likely" to get a new contract June 11th, 2018
- Patriots' Julian Edelman reportedly facing four-game suspension for PEDs June 7th, 2018
- Tom Brady reportedly sitting out of Patriots' OTAs May 21st, 2018
- Patriots acquire OT Trent Brown from 49ers April 27th, 2018