Patriots sign Mike Gillislee to a $6.4 million offer sheet
The New England Patriots have signed Buffalo Bills restricted free agent running back Mike Gillislee to a two-year, $6.4 million offer sheet.
All indications are that the Bills will not match the offer and will lose their backup running back to the Patriots for a fifth-round pick. His addition to New England's stable of backs likely means LeGarrette Blount's days as a Patriot are over.
Gillislee finished the 2016 season with 627 total yards and nine touchdowns while posting 0.30 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt -- ranking him first overall out of the 42 running backs with at least 100 carries.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood (hamstring) will not play Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Dez Bryant to make preseason debut for Cowboys on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster dealing with bone bruise August 17th, 2017
- Bills rule Jordan Matthews (chest) inactive for Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi (concussion) will start for Miami on Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay not a first-team lock for Lions August 17th, 2017
- Malcolm Mitchell (knee) limited to individual drills at Patriots' camp August 13th, 2017
- Dwayne Allen more comfortable in Patriots' offense August 13th, 2017
- Kony Ealy fighting for roster spot with Patriots August 10th, 2017
- Patriots' Brandin Cooks shining in joint practices August 9th, 2017
- Rex Burkhead seeing short-yardage reps in Patriots' backfield August 4th, 2017
- Andrew Hawkins retiring from the NFL July 25th, 2017