Panthers lock up Kawann Short through 2021 with new $80 million deal
Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Kawann Short was re-signed to a five-year, $80 million contract.
Short is now locked up through 2021 and becomes the third-highest-paid 4-3 defensive tackle in the NFL behind Ndamukong Suh and Fletcher Cox. That's fitting after Pro Football Focus said Short was the third-best defensive tackle in football last season behind Aaron Donald and Suh. The new deal could mean that the Panthers are unable to re-sign fellow defensive tackle Star Lotulelei when he becomes a free agent next offseason.
The Panthers finished last season ninth in opponent-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Panthers' Thomas Davis suspended four games for performance-enhancing drugs April 7th, 2018
- Panthers' Curtis Samuel (ankle) doesn't have 'timetable' for return March 27th, 2018
- Luke Kuechly will not participate in Panthers' offseason program March 27th, 2018
- Panthers reportedly adding Da'Norris Searcy to secondary with 2-year deal March 23rd, 2018
- Jarius Wright, Panthers reportedly come to terms March 19th, 2018
- Greg Olsen still 'committed' to playing for Panthers in 2018 March 16th, 2018