Panthers lock up Kawann Short through 2021 with new $80 million deal
Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Kawann Short was re-signed to a five-year, $80 million contract.
Short is now locked up through 2021 and becomes the third-highest-paid 4-3 defensive tackle in the NFL behind Ndamukong Suh and Fletcher Cox. That's fitting after Pro Football Focus said Short was the third-best defensive tackle in football last season behind Aaron Donald and Suh. The new deal could mean that the Panthers are unable to re-sign fellow defensive tackle Star Lotulelei when he becomes a free agent next offseason.
The Panthers finished last season ninth in opponent-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Jameis Winston goes off for 384 passing yards and 3 scores in Bucs' loss October 22nd, 2017
- Jets' Josh McCown blows up for 4 touchdowns in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Marcus Mariota underwhelms in Titans' OT win over Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Cardinals' Carson Palmer to have surgery on left arm, out eight weeks October 22nd, 2017
- Saints' Drew Brees records his second 300-yard game of the season October 22nd, 2017
- Mitch Trubisky completes just 4 passes in Bears' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Cam Newton throws 2 picks as Panthers lose in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin (knee) officially playing for Panthers in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin (knee) reportedly playing Sunday for Panthers October 22nd, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin (knee) expected to play for Panthers Sunday October 20th, 2017
- Panthers' Luke Kuechly (concussion) is out for Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Kelvin Benjamin (knee) back at practice Friday for Panthers October 20th, 2017