Panthers lock up Kawann Short through 2021 with new $80 million deal
Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Kawann Short was re-signed to a five-year, $80 million contract.
Short is now locked up through 2021 and becomes the third-highest-paid 4-3 defensive tackle in the NFL behind Ndamukong Suh and Fletcher Cox. That's fitting after Pro Football Focus said Short was the third-best defensive tackle in football last season behind Aaron Donald and Suh. The new deal could mean that the Panthers are unable to re-sign fellow defensive tackle Star Lotulelei when he becomes a free agent next offseason.
The Panthers finished last season ninth in opponent-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Pats' Rob Gronkowski (concussion) officially out for rest of Sunday's game January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski (head) questionable to return for Patriots on Sunday January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette are co-favorites to score first touchdown in AFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Case Keenum reportedly may receive franchise tag from Vikings January 21st, 2018
- Vikings' Adam Thielen dealing with 'slight' back fractures for NFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) to play for Vikings in NFC Championship Game January 21st, 2018
- Panthers' Devin Funchess (shoulder) officially active against Saints January 7th, 2018
- Panthers' Russell Shepard projected for quiet Wild Card Weekend January 5th, 2018
- Panthers' Devin Funchess (shoulder) will play against the Saints Sunday January 5th, 2018
- Ed Dickson won't be much of a factor for Panthers with Greg Olsen healthy January 4th, 2018
- Panthers' Greg Olsen trying to get back on the same page with Cam Newton January 4th, 2018
- Jonathan Stewart (back) a full participant in Panthers' practice on Thursday January 4th, 2018