Panthers lock up Kawann Short through 2021 with new $80 million deal
Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Kawann Short was re-signed to a five-year, $80 million contract.
Short is now locked up through 2021 and becomes the third-highest-paid 4-3 defensive tackle in the NFL behind Ndamukong Suh and Fletcher Cox. That's fitting after Pro Football Focus said Short was the third-best defensive tackle in football last season behind Aaron Donald and Suh. The new deal could mean that the Panthers are unable to re-sign fellow defensive tackle Star Lotulelei when he becomes a free agent next offseason.
The Panthers finished last season ninth in opponent-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Dallas Goedert could feature in red-zone immediately for Eagles June 17th, 2018
- Jets not giving up on ArDarius Stewart June 17th, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Patrick Peterson embracing new role in Cardinals' secondary June 15th, 2018
- Elijah McGuire pegged as Jets' third-down running back June 15th, 2018
- Colts' fourth-rounder Nyheim Hines doing everything on offense June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' Luke Kuechly (shoulder) says he is on schedule June 12th, 2018
- Curtis Samuel (ankle) participating in Panthers' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Panthers place Fozzy Whittaker (knee) on injured reserve May 10th, 2018
- C.J. Anderson signs 1-year deal with Panthers May 7th, 2018
- Carolina Panthers select WR D.J. Moore with the 24th pick in the NFL Draft April 26th, 2018