Johnathan Hankins joins Colts on three-year deal
The Indianapolis Colts signed defensive lineman Johnathan Hankins, formerly of the New York Giants, to a three-year, $30 million contract.
For $14.5 million guaranteed, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Colts get a talented player on a defense that sorely lacks it. Conversely, it's a big loss for the Giants, who lose one of the anchors from last year's top-five run defense. Hankins, a 2013 second-round pick, celebrated his 25th birthday last month.
Hankins figures to improve a Colts unit that finished fourth-worst in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Colts say Andrew Luck (shoulder) has resumed throwing March 27th, 2018
- Christine Michael re-signs with Colts March 21st, 2018
- Report: Ryan Grant signing with Colts March 20th, 2018
- Eric Ebron signs 2-year deal with Colts worth $15 million March 19th, 2018
- Colts release defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins March 17th, 2018
- Jets acquire third overall pick in trade with Colts March 17th, 2018