Johnathan Hankins joins Colts on three-year deal
The Indianapolis Colts signed defensive lineman Johnathan Hankins, formerly of the New York Giants, to a three-year, $30 million contract.
For $14.5 million guaranteed, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Colts get a talented player on a defense that sorely lacks it. Conversely, it's a big loss for the Giants, who lose one of the anchors from last year's top-five run defense. Hankins, a 2013 second-round pick, celebrated his 25th birthday last month.
Hankins figures to improve a Colts unit that finished fourth-worst in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Dallas Goedert could feature in red-zone immediately for Eagles June 17th, 2018
- Jets not giving up on ArDarius Stewart June 17th, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Patrick Peterson embracing new role in Cardinals' secondary June 15th, 2018
- Elijah McGuire pegged as Jets' third-down running back June 15th, 2018
- Colts' fourth-rounder Nyheim Hines doing everything on offense June 15th, 2018
- Robert Turbin expected to have key role in Colts' backfield June 15th, 2018
- Colts’ fifth-round pick Jordan Wilkins working with first team June 13th, 2018
- Andrew Luck was throwing a high school ball in Colts' minicamp on Tuesday June 12th, 2018
- Andrew Luck resumes throwing Tuesday at Colts minicamp June 12th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck could soon start throwing June 7th, 2018