Johnathan Hankins joins Colts on three-year deal
The Indianapolis Colts signed defensive lineman Johnathan Hankins, formerly of the New York Giants, to a three-year, $30 million contract.
For $14.5 million guaranteed, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Colts get a talented player on a defense that sorely lacks it. Conversely, it's a big loss for the Giants, who lose one of the anchors from last year's top-five run defense. Hankins, a 2013 second-round pick, celebrated his 25th birthday last month.
Hankins figures to improve a Colts unit that finished fourth-worst in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Pats' Rob Gronkowski (concussion) officially out for rest of Sunday's game January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski (head) questionable to return for Patriots on Sunday January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette are co-favorites to score first touchdown in AFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Case Keenum reportedly may receive franchise tag from Vikings January 21st, 2018
- Vikings' Adam Thielen dealing with 'slight' back fractures for NFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) to play for Vikings in NFC Championship Game January 21st, 2018
- Colts' Frank Gore gets another tough matchup in Week 16 versus Ravens December 18th, 2017
- Colts' Andrew Luck (shoulder) may need another surgery December 17th, 2017
- T.Y. Hilton disappears as Colts fall to Broncos in Week 15 December 14th, 2017
- Colts' Jacoby Brissett struggles in Thursday's loss to Broncos December 14th, 2017
- Colts' Jack Doyle projects as a top-10 tight end in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Colts' Donte Moncrief (quad) will not suit up in Week 15 December 12th, 2017