Seattle expected to trade Marshawn Lynch to Raiders
Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch is expected to be traded to the Oakland Raiders, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Rapoport added that Lynch still needs to rework his contract before anything becomes official, but that's already in the works. According to ESPN's Ed Werder, it will be a "short-term deal" with "heavy incentives." Aside from the fact that Lynch turns 31 this month, didn't play football last season and sat out the majority of 2015 due to injury, his fantasy outlook looks pretty promising behind one of the best offensive lines in football. There's RB2 potential based on opportunity alone.
Among the 44 backs with at least 100 carries in 2015, Lynch ranked 28th in Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt. His 9,112 rushing yards across nine NFL seasons currently ranks 37th all-time.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood (hamstring) will not play Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Dez Bryant to make preseason debut for Cowboys on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster dealing with bone bruise August 17th, 2017
- Bills rule Jordan Matthews (chest) inactive for Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi (concussion) will start for Miami on Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay not a first-team lock for Lions August 17th, 2017
- Raiders' Sean Smith losing starting spot to T.J. Carrie August 17th, 2017
- Raiders' Amari Cooper (leg) back at practice on Tuesday August 15th, 2017
- Derek Carr targeting Jared Cook often in Raiders' camp August 10th, 2017
- Marshawn Lynch may be kept under 200 carries in Oakland July 25th, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Elijah Hood 'turned heads' at Raiders' rookie minicamp May 12th, 2017