Seattle expected to trade Marshawn Lynch to Raiders
Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch is expected to be traded to the Oakland Raiders, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Rapoport added that Lynch still needs to rework his contract before anything becomes official, but that's already in the works. According to ESPN's Ed Werder, it will be a "short-term deal" with "heavy incentives." Aside from the fact that Lynch turns 31 this month, didn't play football last season and sat out the majority of 2015 due to injury, his fantasy outlook looks pretty promising behind one of the best offensive lines in football. There's RB2 potential based on opportunity alone.
Among the 44 backs with at least 100 carries in 2015, Lynch ranked 28th in Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt. His 9,112 rushing yards across nine NFL seasons currently ranks 37th all-time.
- Pats' Rob Gronkowski (concussion) officially out for rest of Sunday's game January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski (head) questionable to return for Patriots on Sunday January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette are co-favorites to score first touchdown in AFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Case Keenum reportedly may receive franchise tag from Vikings January 21st, 2018
- Vikings' Adam Thielen dealing with 'slight' back fractures for NFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) to play for Vikings in NFC Championship Game January 21st, 2018
- Jon Gruden: Derek Carr will be asked to do more in Raiders' offense January 11th, 2018
- Raiders expected to introduce Jon Gruden as head coach on Tuesday January 5th, 2018
- 'Real concern' that Derek Carr won't mesh with Jon Gruden if hired as Raiders' coach January 4th, 2018
- Raiders relieve Jack Del Rio of coaching duties following Week 17 loss December 31st, 2017
- Raiders' Michael Crabtree injured his hamstring in Week 16 December 27th, 2017
- Raiders' Marshawn Lynch falls just short of the century mark in Week 16 December 26th, 2017