49ers plan to shop Carlos Hyde
The San Francisco 49ers are "ready to give up" on running back Carlos Hyde due to his struggles with injuries, qccording to Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline.
Hyde has missed 14 games through three seasons, including 12-of-32 the past two years. He is now entering a contract year under a new front-office regime. It's possible the 49ers don't see Hyde's power-back skill set as a fit for new coach Kyle Shanahan's zone scheme. Hyde is also one of the NFL's least effective pass-catching backs. If Pauline's report is accurate, the 49ers could consider shopping Hyde for a middle-round pick on draft weekend.
Among the 42 running backs to top 100 carries in 2016, Hyde's -0.01 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt was 22nd-most.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- 49ers sign Elvis Dumervil to two-year deal June 6th, 2017
- Carlos Hyde struggling in 49ers' new system June 1st, 2017
- Vance McDonald not a lock to make 49ers' final roster May 22nd, 2017
- Joe Williams could supplant Carlos Hyde in 49ers' backfield May 17th, 2017
- 49ers call Navorro Bowman trade rumors "completely false" May 11th, 2017
- 49ers could be shopping Navorro Bowman May 11th, 2017