49ers plan to shop Carlos Hyde
The San Francisco 49ers are "ready to give up" on running back Carlos Hyde due to his struggles with injuries, qccording to Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline.
Hyde has missed 14 games through three seasons, including 12-of-32 the past two years. He is now entering a contract year under a new front-office regime. It's possible the 49ers don't see Hyde's power-back skill set as a fit for new coach Kyle Shanahan's zone scheme. Hyde is also one of the NFL's least effective pass-catching backs. If Pauline's report is accurate, the 49ers could consider shopping Hyde for a middle-round pick on draft weekend.
Among the 42 running backs to top 100 carries in 2016, Hyde's -0.01 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt was 22nd-most.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood (hamstring) will not play Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Dez Bryant to make preseason debut for Cowboys on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster dealing with bone bruise August 17th, 2017
- Bills rule Jordan Matthews (chest) inactive for Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi (concussion) will start for Miami on Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay not a first-team lock for Lions August 17th, 2017
- 49ers' Reuben Foster dealing with shoulder sprain August 17th, 2017
- 49ers satisfied with Vance McDonald August 17th, 2017
- Brian Hoyer looking sharp in 49ers' practices August 6th, 2017
- Joe Williams struggling early for 49ers August 2nd, 2017
- Carlos Hyde has early grip on starting job in 49ers' backfield August 2nd, 2017
- Tim Hightower takes 49ers' first reps on Monday July 31st, 2017