49ers plan to shop Carlos Hyde
The San Francisco 49ers are "ready to give up" on running back Carlos Hyde due to his struggles with injuries, qccording to Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline.
Hyde has missed 14 games through three seasons, including 12-of-32 the past two years. He is now entering a contract year under a new front-office regime. It's possible the 49ers don't see Hyde's power-back skill set as a fit for new coach Kyle Shanahan's zone scheme. Hyde is also one of the NFL's least effective pass-catching backs. If Pauline's report is accurate, the 49ers could consider shopping Hyde for a middle-round pick on draft weekend.
Among the 42 running backs to top 100 carries in 2016, Hyde's -0.01 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt was 22nd-most.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- 49ers won't allow Reuben Foster to participate in team activities April 15th, 2018
- 49ers' Reuben Foster charged with felony domestic violence April 12th, 2018
- 49ers' Richard Sherman (Achilles) expects to return by May or June March 20th, 2018
- 49ers sign free agent Jerick McKinnon to $30 million deal March 14th, 2018
- Richard Sherman signs 3-year deal with 49ers March 11th, 2018
- 49ers, Marquise Goodwin agree to three-year extension March 8th, 2018