49ers plan to shop Carlos Hyde
The San Francisco 49ers are "ready to give up" on running back Carlos Hyde due to his struggles with injuries, qccording to Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline.
Hyde has missed 14 games through three seasons, including 12-of-32 the past two years. He is now entering a contract year under a new front-office regime. It's possible the 49ers don't see Hyde's power-back skill set as a fit for new coach Kyle Shanahan's zone scheme. Hyde is also one of the NFL's least effective pass-catching backs. If Pauline's report is accurate, the 49ers could consider shopping Hyde for a middle-round pick on draft weekend.
Among the 42 running backs to top 100 carries in 2016, Hyde's -0.01 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt was 22nd-most.
- Giants add Wayne Gallman to running back core with the 140th pick April 29th, 2017
- Packers draft BYU running back Jamaal Williams April 29th, 2017
- Redskins take Samaje Perine 114th overall April 29th, 2017
- Jaguars select Dede Westbrook at 110th overall April 29th, 2017
- Patriots exercise Brandin Cooks's fifth-year option April 29th, 2017
- Doug Martin's progress heartening to Buccaneers April 29th, 2017
- 49ers move up to draft Joe Williams at 121 April 29th, 2017
- 49ers acquire Kapri Bibbs from Broncos for a 2018 fourth-round pick April 29th, 2017
- 49ers reaffirm Brian Hoyer as their 2017 starting quarterback April 29th, 2017
- 49ers trade up for C.J. Beathard at 104th pick April 29th, 2017
- 49ers shopping Vance McDonald on Day 2 of draft April 28th, 2017
- 49ers grab Reuben Foster at 31st overall April 28th, 2017