49ers plan to shop Carlos Hyde
The San Francisco 49ers are "ready to give up" on running back Carlos Hyde due to his struggles with injuries, qccording to Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline.
Hyde has missed 14 games through three seasons, including 12-of-32 the past two years. He is now entering a contract year under a new front-office regime. It's possible the 49ers don't see Hyde's power-back skill set as a fit for new coach Kyle Shanahan's zone scheme. Hyde is also one of the NFL's least effective pass-catching backs. If Pauline's report is accurate, the 49ers could consider shopping Hyde for a middle-round pick on draft weekend.
Among the 42 running backs to top 100 carries in 2016, Hyde's -0.01 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt was 22nd-most.
- Jameis Winston goes off for 384 passing yards and 3 scores in Bucs' loss October 22nd, 2017
- Jets' Josh McCown blows up for 4 touchdowns in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Marcus Mariota underwhelms in Titans' OT win over Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Cardinals' Carson Palmer to have surgery on left arm, out eight weeks October 22nd, 2017
- Saints' Drew Brees records his second 300-yard game of the season October 22nd, 2017
- Mitch Trubisky completes just 4 passes in Bears' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- George Kittle draws eight targets in 49ers' Week 6 loss October 16th, 2017
- Matt Breida receives six touches in 49ers' Week 6 loss October 16th, 2017
- Brian Hoyer benched heading into Week 7 for 49ers October 16th, 2017
- 49ers name C.J. Beathard starting quarterback October 16th, 2017
- Pierre Garcon unable to convert chances in 49ers loss October 15th, 2017
- C.J. Beathard named the 49ers' starting quarterback the rest of the season October 15th, 2017