Sheldon Richardson could be dealt as Jets blow things up
New York Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson will still be traded, predicts Darryl Slater of NJ Advance Media.
Richardson is due over $8 million as he enters his walk year, so it would behoove the Jets to see what they can get for him as they embark on a full-fledged rebuild. If not, they'll receive a 2019 compensatory draft pick.
The Jets' defense ranked 10th-worst in opponent-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points allowed per play last year. Richardson had a career-low two sacks in 2016.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Falcons confident in Devonta Freeman extension June 20th, 2017
- Panthers say Kelvin Benjamin worked back into shape during OTAs June 19th, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker signs with Titans June 18th, 2017
- Jets' Eric Decker has been cleared from hip and shoulder surgeries June 7th, 2017
- Quincy Enunwa expected to be the Jets' top wideout in 2017 June 7th, 2017
- Josh McCown outperforming other Jets' quarterbacks at OTAs May 30th, 2017