Jets may part ways with Eric Decker before season
New York Jets wide receiver Eric Decker could be on a different team next year, believes Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.
"Don't be surprised if the veteran wide receiver isn't on the roster this season," Mehta writes. Decker is still recovering from hip and shoulder surgeries, so the Jets can only part ways by releasing him with a failed physical. Look for the Jets to gauge his trade value once Decker is actually eligible to be dealt. The veteran wideout turned 30 last month and remains a strong WR2 when healthy.
Decker earned 0.92 Reception Net Expected Points per target on 21 targets in 2016. That would have been second-most among the 60 receivers to see 80 or more targets last season.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Falcons confident in Devonta Freeman extension June 20th, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker signs with Titans June 18th, 2017
- Eric Decker meeting with Titans on Wednesday June 14th, 2017
- Jets' Eric Decker has been cleared from hip and shoulder surgeries June 7th, 2017
- Titans committed to working in both DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry in 2017 June 1st, 2017
- Marcus Mariota (leg) could sit out Titans' entire preseason May 14th, 2017