Jets may part ways with Eric Decker before season
New York Jets wide receiver Eric Decker could be on a different team next year, believes Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.
"Don't be surprised if the veteran wide receiver isn't on the roster this season," Mehta writes. Decker is still recovering from hip and shoulder surgeries, so the Jets can only part ways by releasing him with a failed physical. Look for the Jets to gauge his trade value once Decker is actually eligible to be dealt. The veteran wideout turned 30 last month and remains a strong WR2 when healthy.
Decker earned 0.92 Reception Net Expected Points per target on 21 targets in 2016. That would have been second-most among the 60 receivers to see 80 or more targets last season.
- Giants add Wayne Gallman to running back core with the 140th pick April 29th, 2017
- Packers draft BYU running back Jamaal Williams April 29th, 2017
- 49ers move up to draft Joe Williams at 121 April 29th, 2017
- Redskins take Samaje Perine 114th overall April 29th, 2017
- 49ers acquire Kapri Bibbs from Broncos for a 2018 fourth-round pick April 29th, 2017
- Jaguars select Dede Westbrook at 110th overall April 29th, 2017
- ArDarius Stewart replenishes Jets receiving corps at 79th overall April 28th, 2017
- Marcus Maye joins Jets' stacked secondary at 39th pick April 28th, 2017
- Jets still working phones to trade Sheldon Richardson April 28th, 2017
- Sheldon Richardson attended Jets' voluntary workouts April 23rd, 2017
- Sheldon Richardson could be dealt as Jets blow things up April 7th, 2017
- Jets may part ways with Eric Decker before season April 7th, 2017