Jets may part ways with Eric Decker before season
New York Jets wide receiver Eric Decker could be on a different team next year, believes Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.
"Don't be surprised if the veteran wide receiver isn't on the roster this season," Mehta writes. Decker is still recovering from hip and shoulder surgeries, so the Jets can only part ways by releasing him with a failed physical. Look for the Jets to gauge his trade value once Decker is actually eligible to be dealt. The veteran wideout turned 30 last month and remains a strong WR2 when healthy.
Decker earned 0.92 Reception Net Expected Points per target on 21 targets in 2016. That would have been second-most among the 60 receivers to see 80 or more targets last season.
- Jameis Winston goes off for 384 passing yards and 3 scores in Bucs' loss October 22nd, 2017
- Jets' Josh McCown blows up for 4 touchdowns in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Cardinals' Carson Palmer to have surgery on left arm, out eight weeks October 22nd, 2017
- Saints' Drew Brees records his second 300-yard game of the season October 22nd, 2017
- Mitch Trubisky completes just 4 passes in Bears' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Cam Newton throws 2 picks as Panthers lose in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Marcus Mariota underwhelms in Titans' OT win over Browns October 22nd, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) officially active for Titans against Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Delanie Walker (calf) reportedly cleared to play for Titans versus Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Report: DeMarco Murray (hamstring) will play for Titans Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Titans' DeMarco Murray likely headed for game-time call Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Delanie Walker (calf) misses Titans' practice Friday, questionable for Week 7 October 20th, 2017