Jets may part ways with Eric Decker before season
New York Jets wide receiver Eric Decker could be on a different team next year, believes Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.
"Don't be surprised if the veteran wide receiver isn't on the roster this season," Mehta writes. Decker is still recovering from hip and shoulder surgeries, so the Jets can only part ways by releasing him with a failed physical. Look for the Jets to gauge his trade value once Decker is actually eligible to be dealt. The veteran wideout turned 30 last month and remains a strong WR2 when healthy.
Decker earned 0.92 Reception Net Expected Points per target on 21 targets in 2016. That would have been second-most among the 60 receivers to see 80 or more targets last season.
- Pats' Rob Gronkowski (concussion) officially out for rest of Sunday's game January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski (head) questionable to return for Patriots on Sunday January 21st, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette are co-favorites to score first touchdown in AFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Case Keenum reportedly may receive franchise tag from Vikings January 21st, 2018
- Vikings' Adam Thielen dealing with 'slight' back fractures for NFC Championship January 21st, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) to play for Vikings in NFC Championship Game January 21st, 2018
- Titans hire Mike Vrabel as head coach January 20th, 2018
- Titans' DeMarco Murray says he remains among league's best January 15th, 2018
- Titans move on from Mike Mularkey after failing to agree to extension January 15th, 2018
- Rishard Matthews collects 27 yards on 8 targets in Titans' loss January 14th, 2018
- Delanie Walker catches just 3 passes in Titan's loss January 14th, 2018
- Eric Decker leads the Titans in receiving against the Patriots January 14th, 2018