Jets may part ways with Eric Decker before season
New York Jets wide receiver Eric Decker could be on a different team next year, believes Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.
"Don't be surprised if the veteran wide receiver isn't on the roster this season," Mehta writes. Decker is still recovering from hip and shoulder surgeries, so the Jets can only part ways by releasing him with a failed physical. Look for the Jets to gauge his trade value once Decker is actually eligible to be dealt. The veteran wideout turned 30 last month and remains a strong WR2 when healthy.
Decker earned 0.92 Reception Net Expected Points per target on 21 targets in 2016. That would have been second-most among the 60 receivers to see 80 or more targets last season.
- Dallas Goedert could feature in red-zone immediately for Eagles June 17th, 2018
- Jets not giving up on ArDarius Stewart June 17th, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Patrick Peterson embracing new role in Cardinals' secondary June 15th, 2018
- Elijah McGuire pegged as Jets' third-down running back June 15th, 2018
- Titans' Corey Davis 'continues to impress' during OTAs May 31st, 2018
- Tennesse Titans move up in NFL Draft to select LB Rashaan Evans April 26th, 2018
- Colts release defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins March 17th, 2018
- DaQuan Jones sticking with Titans, signs 3-year, $21 million contract March 14th, 2018
- Titans signing Dion Lewis to four-year deal March 14th, 2018
- Malcolm Butler reportedly agrees to deal with Titans March 13th, 2018