Jets may part ways with Eric Decker before season
New York Jets wide receiver Eric Decker could be on a different team next year, believes Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.
"Don't be surprised if the veteran wide receiver isn't on the roster this season," Mehta writes. Decker is still recovering from hip and shoulder surgeries, so the Jets can only part ways by releasing him with a failed physical. Look for the Jets to gauge his trade value once Decker is actually eligible to be dealt. The veteran wideout turned 30 last month and remains a strong WR2 when healthy.
Decker earned 0.92 Reception Net Expected Points per target on 21 targets in 2016. That would have been second-most among the 60 receivers to see 80 or more targets last season.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood (hamstring) will not play Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Dez Bryant to make preseason debut for Cowboys on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster dealing with bone bruise August 17th, 2017
- Bills rule Jordan Matthews (chest) inactive for Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi (concussion) will start for Miami on Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay not a first-team lock for Lions August 17th, 2017
- Titans' Eric Decker (ankle) sitting out Saturday's preseason game August 17th, 2017
- DeMarco Murray (hamstring) returned to Titans' practice on Monday August 15th, 2017
- Titans' DeMarco Murray (hamstring) close to returning to practice August 8th, 2017
- Titans' Corey Davis (hamstring) to miss at least a week August 4th, 2017
- Titans' Corey Davis (hamstring) headed for MRI August 3rd, 2017
- Titans' Derrick Henry rapidly improving this offseason July 9th, 2017