Browns have interest in Bengals' A.J. McCarron
The Cleveland Browns like Cincinnati Bengals quarterback A.J. McCarron "because he knows the system, enjoys playing for [head coach] Hue Jackson and has demonstrated that he can win in the NFL," the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.
Reporter Mary Kay Cabot has been documenting the Browns' affinity for McCarron since February, but it hasn't appeared as if anything is cooking. A trade could become more likely if the Browns strike out on their early-round quarterback targets in the draft.
On 131 drop backs in 2015, McCarron posted 0.14 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back, the 12th-best mark among the 46 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs that season. He completed 66.4 percent of his 119 pass attempts for 854 yards while throwing 6 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Bengals' Vontaze Burfict facing a four-game suspension for PEDs March 16th, 2018
- Tyler Eifert staying with Bengals for at least one more season March 15th, 2018
- Chris Baker agrees to one-year deal with Bengals March 7th, 2018
- Bengals' impending free agent Tyler Eifert says he is back to full health March 6th, 2018
- Tyler Eifert (back) cleared for Bengals' OTAs February 26th, 2018
- Vikings will reportedly 'consider' A.J. McCarron in free agency February 19th, 2018