Browns have interest in Bengals' A.J. McCarron
The Cleveland Browns like Cincinnati Bengals quarterback A.J. McCarron "because he knows the system, enjoys playing for [head coach] Hue Jackson and has demonstrated that he can win in the NFL," the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.
Reporter Mary Kay Cabot has been documenting the Browns' affinity for McCarron since February, but it hasn't appeared as if anything is cooking. A trade could become more likely if the Browns strike out on their early-round quarterback targets in the draft.
On 131 drop backs in 2015, McCarron posted 0.14 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back, the 12th-best mark among the 46 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs that season. He completed 66.4 percent of his 119 pass attempts for 854 yards while throwing 6 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.
- Jameis Winston goes off for 384 passing yards and 3 scores in Bucs' loss October 22nd, 2017
- Jets' Josh McCown blows up for 4 touchdowns in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Marcus Mariota underwhelms in Titans' OT win over Browns October 22nd, 2017
- Cardinals' Carson Palmer to have surgery on left arm, out eight weeks October 22nd, 2017
- Saints' Drew Brees records his second 300-yard game of the season October 22nd, 2017
- Mitch Trubisky completes just 4 passes in Bears' Week 7 win October 22nd, 2017
- Adam Jones (back) is inactive as Bengals face Steelers in Week 7 October 22nd, 2017
- Bengals' John Ross (knee) is listed as questionable for Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Adam Jones (back) doubtful for Bengals versus Steelers October 20th, 2017
- Bengals' John Ross (knee) limited in practice on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Bengals' Joe Mixon projects as a top-20 running back in Week 7 October 18th, 2017
- Bengals' A.J. Green is on pace for career-best in receiving yards October 17th, 2017