Browns have interest in Bengals' A.J. McCarron
The Cleveland Browns like Cincinnati Bengals quarterback A.J. McCarron "because he knows the system, enjoys playing for [head coach] Hue Jackson and has demonstrated that he can win in the NFL," the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.
Reporter Mary Kay Cabot has been documenting the Browns' affinity for McCarron since February, but it hasn't appeared as if anything is cooking. A trade could become more likely if the Browns strike out on their early-round quarterback targets in the draft.
On 131 drop backs in 2015, McCarron posted 0.14 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back, the 12th-best mark among the 46 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs that season. He completed 66.4 percent of his 119 pass attempts for 854 yards while throwing 6 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.
- Dallas Goedert could feature in red-zone immediately for Eagles June 17th, 2018
- Jets not giving up on ArDarius Stewart June 17th, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Patrick Peterson embracing new role in Cardinals' secondary June 15th, 2018
- Elijah McGuire pegged as Jets' third-down running back June 15th, 2018
- Bills expect Zay Jones (knee) to be ready for training camp June 14th, 2018
- Bills giving Josh Allen first-team reps this week June 12th, 2018
- Zay Jones (knee) undergoes surgery, to miss remainder of Bills' offseason program May 24th, 2018
- Bills uninterested in signing Dez Bryant April 29th, 2018
- Buffalo Bills move up to draft LB Tremaine Edmunds in the NFL Draft April 26th, 2018
- Buccaneers trade down to 12th pick, acquire two second-rounders from Bills April 26th, 2018