Browns have interest in Bengals' A.J. McCarron
The Cleveland Browns like Cincinnati Bengals quarterback A.J. McCarron "because he knows the system, enjoys playing for [head coach] Hue Jackson and has demonstrated that he can win in the NFL," the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.
Reporter Mary Kay Cabot has been documenting the Browns' affinity for McCarron since February, but it hasn't appeared as if anything is cooking. A trade could become more likely if the Browns strike out on their early-round quarterback targets in the draft.
On 131 drop backs in 2015, McCarron posted 0.14 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back, the 12th-best mark among the 46 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs that season. He completed 66.4 percent of his 119 pass attempts for 854 yards while throwing 6 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Joe Mixon continues to receive praise from Bengals May 18th, 2017
- Andy Dalton expects major improvement from Bengals' offense May 18th, 2017
- Bengals will feed Joe Mixon early and often May 9th, 2017
- Bengals take the risk and select Joe Mixon with the 48th pick April 28th, 2017
- Browns kicking tires on A.J. McCarron with Bengals April 28th, 2017
- Bengals make John Ross the ninth pick in the draft April 27th, 2017