Browns have interest in Bengals' A.J. McCarron
The Cleveland Browns like Cincinnati Bengals quarterback A.J. McCarron "because he knows the system, enjoys playing for [head coach] Hue Jackson and has demonstrated that he can win in the NFL," the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.
Reporter Mary Kay Cabot has been documenting the Browns' affinity for McCarron since February, but it hasn't appeared as if anything is cooking. A trade could become more likely if the Browns strike out on their early-round quarterback targets in the draft.
On 131 drop backs in 2015, McCarron posted 0.14 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back, the 12th-best mark among the 46 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs that season. He completed 66.4 percent of his 119 pass attempts for 854 yards while throwing 6 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood (hamstring) will not play Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Dez Bryant to make preseason debut for Cowboys on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster dealing with bone bruise August 17th, 2017
- Bills rule Jordan Matthews (chest) inactive for Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi (concussion) will start for Miami on Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay not a first-team lock for Lions August 17th, 2017
- Bengals' John Ross (shoulder) takes part in full squad drills on Monday August 14th, 2017
- Jeremy Hill starts for Bengals in first preseason game August 12th, 2017
- Bengals turned down second-round pick for A.J. McCarron August 10th, 2017
- Jeremy Hill could remain the Bengals' top back all season August 10th, 2017
- Joe Mixon could see 20-plus touches for Bengals in Week 1 August 4th, 2017
- Bengals' George Iloka (knee) out 3-4 weeks July 31st, 2017