Steelers not expected to re-sign DeAngelo Williams
The Pittsburgh Steelers are not expected to re-sign free agent running back DeAngelo Williams.
Williams has been fantastic as Le'Veon Bell insurance over the past two seasons, but Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette believes that "ship has sailed." Turning 34 next month, Williams' days of fantasy relevance are likely over. The Steelers signed 25-year-old Knile Davis to a one-year deal earlier this week, but Bouchette believes they'll add another running back via the draft.
Among the 54 running backs to tote the rock 80 or more times last season, Williams came in 26th with -0.01 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Texans acquire Anthony Miller in trade with Bears July 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' O.J. Howard (Achilles) not practicing to start training camp July 25th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow (knee) avoids PUP list to start training camp July 25th, 2021
- Deshaun Watson reports to Texans' training camp on Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Michael Thomas (ankle) expected to miss start of Saints season July 23rd, 2021
- Rapoport: Davante Adams, Packers break off extension talks July 23rd, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Steelers activate Eric Ebron from COVID-19 list for Wild Card game January 8th, 2021
- Steelers suggest Josh Dobbs could be involved Sunday January 5th, 2021
- Steelers place Eric Ebron on reserve/COVID-19 list January 2nd, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (rest) officially ruled out for Week 17's game against Browns January 1st, 2021
- Mason Rudolph starting for Steelers in finale versus Browns December 29th, 2020