Jets sign quarterback Josh McCown to a one-year deal
The New York Jets signed quarterback Josh McCown, formerly of the Cleveland Browns, to a one-year, $6-million contract.
McCown now becomes the front-runner to start for the Jets in 2017. The 36-year-old has struggled to consistently stay on the field, but he should be a decent stopgap option in New York for the games he's available. McCown will be a good mentor for Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, as well as any quarterback the Jets may select in the upcoming draft.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Ravens' Kenneth Dixon (meniscus) out for the season July 25th, 2017
- Marshawn Lynch may be kept under 200 carries in Oakland July 25th, 2017
- Andrew Hawkins retiring from the NFL July 25th, 2017
- Carlos Hyde might not be on 49ers' roster past training camp July 25th, 2017
- Ravens' Kenneth Dixon to undergo meniscus surgery July 25th, 2017
- Rob Kelley projected to open year as Washington's starter July 23rd, 2017
- Robby Anderson not a lock to keep Jets' starting job July 15th, 2017
- Josh McCown may lose starting job before Jets' Week 1 July 9th, 2017
- Jets happy with Christian Hackenberg's progress June 29th, 2017
- Jets' Matt Forte expected to be workhorse in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017