Jets sign quarterback Josh McCown to a one-year deal
The New York Jets signed quarterback Josh McCown, formerly of the Cleveland Browns, to a one-year, $6-million contract.
McCown now becomes the front-runner to start for the Jets in 2017. The 36-year-old has struggled to consistently stay on the field, but he should be a decent stopgap option in New York for the games he's available. McCown will be a good mentor for Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, as well as any quarterback the Jets may select in the upcoming draft.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Chargers' Jason Verrett (knee) out for season September 23rd, 2017
- Titans' Taywan Taylor to see an increased role in Week 3 September 23rd, 2017
- Dolphins' Jay Ajayi (knee) is 'feeling good' September 23rd, 2017
- Ezekiel Elliott will play at least Cowboys' next two games September 23rd, 2017
- Marlon Mack (shoulder) ruled out for Week 3 by Colts September 22nd, 2017
- Falcons' Matt Bryant projected for a top-five finish in Week 3 September 22nd, 2017
- Jets' Austin Seferian-Jenkins not a lock to be active in Week 3 September 22nd, 2017
- Jets' Matt Forte stuck in a three-man running back committee September 21st, 2017
- Bilal Powell now part of a three-man rotation in New York September 21st, 2017
- Jets' Jermaine Kearse expected to lead team in targets this Sunday September 21st, 2017
- Robby Anderson (knee) not at Jets' practice on Thursday September 21st, 2017
- Austin Seferian Jenkins not guaranteed to be active for Jets in Week 3 September 20th, 2017