Jets sign quarterback Josh McCown to a one-year deal
The New York Jets signed quarterback Josh McCown, formerly of the Cleveland Browns, to a one-year, $6-million contract.
McCown now becomes the front-runner to start for the Jets in 2017. The 36-year-old has struggled to consistently stay on the field, but he should be a decent stopgap option in New York for the games he's available. McCown will be a good mentor for Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, as well as any quarterback the Jets may select in the upcoming draft.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Sheldon Richardson attended Jets' voluntary workouts April 23rd, 2017
- Jerry Hughes excited for Bills' 4-3 scheme shift April 23rd, 2017
- Jaguars will draft a quarterback to compete with Blake Bortles April 23rd, 2017
- Patriots will trade Malcolm Butler to Saints this week or not at all April 23rd, 2017
- Buccaneers may use Noah Spence some at strong-side linebacker April 23rd, 2017
- Charles Tapper (back) is on track for Cowboys' OTAs April 23rd, 2017
- Browns' Cody Kessler hoping to improve on deep passing in 2017 April 19th, 2017
- Brock Osweiler to compete for Browns' starting gig April 19th, 2017
- Browns have interest in Bengals' A.J. McCarron April 6th, 2017
- Browns may move Corey Coleman to slot if Josh Gordon returns March 31st, 2017
- Browns say Corey Coleman is the new number one March 29th, 2017
- Browns haven't given up on Patriots' Jimmy Garoppolo March 27th, 2017