Marshawn Lynch will only un-retire to play for Raiders
Seattle Seahawks "retired" running back Marshawn Lynch is only willing to play for the Oakland Raiders, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Rapoport says it's "Raiders or bust" for Lynch, who apparently isn't willing to play for the Seahawks or anyone other than his hometown team. This is in agreement with Monday Morning Quarterback's Peter King, who said Monday that Lynch "really wants" to play in Oakland and that the possibility of him un-retiring is "realer than it's ever been." At this point, it seems more likely than not that Lynch is a member of the Raiders in 2017.
Among the 44 backs with at least 100 carries in 2015, Lynch ranked 28th in Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt. His 9,112 rushing yards across nine NFL seasons currently ranks 37th all-time.
- Jaguars unlikely to pick up Blake Bortles's fifth-year option March 26th, 2017
- Browns will release or trade Josh Gordon if reinstated March 26th, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Packers sign Ricky Jean-Francois to a one-year deal March 23rd, 2017
- Bradley McDougald signs with Seahawks March 22nd, 2017
- Marshawn Lynch will only un-retire to play for Raiders March 20th, 2017
- Seahawks will be forced to cut Marshawn Lynch if he returns from retirement March 18th, 2017
- Seahawks believe Tyler Lockett (broken leg) is ahead of schedule March 18th, 2017
- Deshawn Shead (ACL) returning to Seahawks next season March 17th, 2017
- Free agent Jamaal Charles leaves Seahawks without contract March 16th, 2017