Marshawn Lynch will only un-retire to play for Raiders
Seattle Seahawks "retired" running back Marshawn Lynch is only willing to play for the Oakland Raiders, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Rapoport says it's "Raiders or bust" for Lynch, who apparently isn't willing to play for the Seahawks or anyone other than his hometown team. This is in agreement with Monday Morning Quarterback's Peter King, who said Monday that Lynch "really wants" to play in Oakland and that the possibility of him un-retiring is "realer than it's ever been." At this point, it seems more likely than not that Lynch is a member of the Raiders in 2017.
Among the 44 backs with at least 100 carries in 2015, Lynch ranked 28th in Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt. His 9,112 rushing yards across nine NFL seasons currently ranks 37th all-time.
- Eagles' LeGarrette Blount projected for single-digit carries in NFC Championship January 17th, 2018
- Leonard Fournette (ankle) limited Wednesday for Jaguars January 17th, 2018
- Rex Burkhead (knee) limited for Patriots on Wednesday January 17th, 2018
- Patriots' Tom Brady (hand) limited at Wednesday's practice January 17th, 2018
- Corey Clement continues to have low-volume role in Eagles offense January 17th, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) doesn't practice for Vikings on Wednesday January 17th, 2018
- Jon Gruden: Derek Carr will be asked to do more in Raiders' offense January 11th, 2018
- Raiders expected to introduce Jon Gruden as head coach on Tuesday January 5th, 2018
- 'Real concern' that Derek Carr won't mesh with Jon Gruden if hired as Raiders' coach January 4th, 2018
- Raiders relieve Jack Del Rio of coaching duties following Week 17 loss December 31st, 2017
- Raiders' Michael Crabtree injured his hamstring in Week 16 December 27th, 2017
- Raiders' Marshawn Lynch falls just short of the century mark in Week 16 December 26th, 2017