Jets bringing in Chase Daniel for visit
Free agent quarterback Chase Daniel is visiting the New York Jets on Monday.
Daniel visited the New Orleans Saints on Sunday, but he would likely have a chance to compete for the Jets' starting job in 2017. Jay Cutler and Josh McCown have also met with the Jets over the past two weeks. The 30-year-old Daniel has three total pass attempts over the past two seasons.
Daniel has just 84 career drop backs since 2009, accumulating a meager -0.76 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) over that span of time. For reference, that would have ranked 31st in the NFL last season among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs.
- Cardinals' John Brown's sickle-cell trait still an issue August 16th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay working with Lions' first-team offense August 16th, 2017
- Broncos' Paxton Lynch earning more first-team reps August 16th, 2017
- Devonta Freeman (concussion) could return soon for Falcons August 16th, 2017
- Chargers' Jason Verrett (knee) cleared for team drills August 16th, 2017
- Brock Osweiler will start Browns' second preseason game August 16th, 2017
- Saints' Delvin Breaux (leg) to miss 4-6 weeks with fractured fibula August 16th, 2017
- Max Unger back at Saints' practice Monday, on track to play in preseason August 14th, 2017
- Mark Ingram very active in Saints' passing game August 2nd, 2017
- Adrian Peterson targeting 500 receiving yards in New Orleans July 13th, 2017
- Saints' Willie Snead was sneaky productive in 2016 July 9th, 2017
- Saints' Alvin Kamara gets reps as wide receiver June 25th, 2017