Jets bringing in Chase Daniel for visit
Free agent quarterback Chase Daniel is visiting the New York Jets on Monday.
Daniel visited the New Orleans Saints on Sunday, but he would likely have a chance to compete for the Jets' starting job in 2017. Jay Cutler and Josh McCown have also met with the Jets over the past two weeks. The 30-year-old Daniel has three total pass attempts over the past two seasons.
Daniel has just 84 career drop backs since 2009, accumulating a meager -0.76 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) over that span of time. For reference, that would have ranked 31st in the NFL last season among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs.
- Jaguars not expected to re-sign slot standout Aaron Colvin February 21st, 2018
- Colts not expected to re-sign Frank Gore February 21st, 2018
- Report: Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) could miss training camp February 21st, 2018
- Colts, Adam Vinatieri 'closing in' on one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) undergoes surgery on torn rotator cuff February 21st, 2018
- Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason February 21st, 2018
- Saints' Alvin Kamara named Offensive Rookie of the Year February 3rd, 2018
- Saints' Drew Brees has no plans to test free agent market January 16th, 2018
- Drew Brees expects to re-sign with Saints January 15th, 2018
- Alvin Kamara totals 105 yards and a touchdown in Saints' devastating last-second loss January 14th, 2018
- Drew Brees has an up-and-down performance in Saints' Divisional Round loss January 14th, 2018
- Michael Thomas reaches the end zone twice in Saints' Divisional Round loss January 14th, 2018