Patriots' Bill Belichick told Darrelle Revis he won't pan out at safety
New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick reportedly told free agent defensive back Darrelle Revis "a few years ago" that his skill set wouldn't translate to safety.
Belichick "shot it down because he didn't think Revis' skills translated to the position," according to the Boston Herald, who claims the position switch to safety was discussed in previous contract negotiations. There's been talk of Revis returning to New England if Malcolm Butler winds up in a different uniform next season.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked third-worst last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Raiders' Marshawn Lynch suspended one game for unsportsmanlike conduct October 20th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) will play in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Packers place Aaron Rodgers (broken collarbone) on injured reserve October 20th, 2017
- Willie Snead (hamstring) is questionable for Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (shoulder) misses Friday's practice and is listed as questionable October 20th, 2017
- Washington's Rob Kelley (ankle) is expected to start in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Matt Forte (knee, toe) practices in full Thursday for Jets October 19th, 2017
- Update: Bilal Powell (calf) practices in full for Jets, will play Week 7 October 19th, 2017
- Robby Anderson (ankle) misses another practice for Jets October 19th, 2017
- Bilal Powell (calf) not practicing for Jets Thursday October 19th, 2017
- Matt Forte (knee, toe) limited for Jets at Wednesday's practice October 18th, 2017
- Jets without Robby Anderson (ankle) at Wednesday's practice October 18th, 2017