Patriots' Bill Belichick told Darrelle Revis he won't pan out at safety
New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick reportedly told free agent defensive back Darrelle Revis "a few years ago" that his skill set wouldn't translate to safety.
Belichick "shot it down because he didn't think Revis' skills translated to the position," according to the Boston Herald, who claims the position switch to safety was discussed in previous contract negotiations. There's been talk of Revis returning to New England if Malcolm Butler winds up in a different uniform next season.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked third-worst last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Giants add Wayne Gallman to running back core with the 140th pick April 29th, 2017
- Packers draft BYU running back Jamaal Williams April 29th, 2017
- 49ers move up to draft Joe Williams at 121 April 29th, 2017
- Redskins take Samaje Perine 114th overall April 29th, 2017
- 49ers acquire Kapri Bibbs from Broncos for a 2018 fourth-round pick April 29th, 2017
- Jaguars select Dede Westbrook at 110th overall April 29th, 2017
- ArDarius Stewart replenishes Jets receiving corps at 79th overall April 28th, 2017
- Marcus Maye joins Jets' stacked secondary at 39th pick April 28th, 2017
- Jets still working phones to trade Sheldon Richardson April 28th, 2017
- Sheldon Richardson attended Jets' voluntary workouts April 23rd, 2017
- Sheldon Richardson could be dealt as Jets blow things up April 7th, 2017
- Jets may part ways with Eric Decker before season April 7th, 2017