Patriots' Bill Belichick told Darrelle Revis he won't pan out at safety
New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick reportedly told free agent defensive back Darrelle Revis "a few years ago" that his skill set wouldn't translate to safety.
Belichick "shot it down because he didn't think Revis' skills translated to the position," according to the Boston Herald, who claims the position switch to safety was discussed in previous contract negotiations. There's been talk of Revis returning to New England if Malcolm Butler winds up in a different uniform next season.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked third-worst last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) unlikely to be ready for Texans' training camp June 18th, 2018
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Mike McCarthy: Packers using committee approach in backfield June 18th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck says 'pain is gone' in shoulder June 18th, 2018
- Zay Jones has to prove his worth in Bills' offense June 18th, 2018
- Chiefs' Kareem Hunt (hamstring) will be ready for training camp June 14th, 2018
- Sammy Watkins and Patrick Mahomes connecting in Chiefs' offseason June 14th, 2018
- Damien Williams reportedly joining Chiefs' backfield March 22nd, 2018
- Sammy Watkins reportedly joins Chiefs for 3 years, $48 million March 13th, 2018
- Rams getting Marcus Peters from Chiefs for 2018 4th, 2019 2nd February 26th, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams February 23rd, 2018