Patriots' Bill Belichick told Darrelle Revis he won't pan out at safety
New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick reportedly told free agent defensive back Darrelle Revis "a few years ago" that his skill set wouldn't translate to safety.
Belichick "shot it down because he didn't think Revis' skills translated to the position," according to the Boston Herald, who claims the position switch to safety was discussed in previous contract negotiations. There's been talk of Revis returning to New England if Malcolm Butler winds up in a different uniform next season.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked third-worst last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Jaguars unlikely to pick up Blake Bortles's fifth-year option March 26th, 2017
- Browns will release or trade Josh Gordon if reinstated March 26th, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Packers sign Ricky Jean-Francois to a one-year deal March 23rd, 2017
- Quinton Patton joins Jets March 23rd, 2017
- Jets may give Christian Hackenberg some starts next season March 22nd, 2017
- Jets eyeing a quarterback in the first round March 21st, 2017
- Jets sign quarterback Josh McCown to a one-year deal March 20th, 2017
- Jets bringing in Chase Daniel for visit March 20th, 2017
- Josh McCown's visit with Jets went well March 19th, 2017