Cowboys in no rush to move Tony Romo
The Dallas Cowboys are "willing to wait" on quarterback Tony Romo, said Sports Illustrated's Peter King while appearing on The Rich Eisen Show.
OTAs are still over a month away, so there's no real sense of urgency to make a decision. The Denver Broncos have made it clear they aren't interested in engaging in trade talks for Romo, but perhaps Dallas believes they can get the Houston Texans to take the bait. King also stated that Romo turned down a "very good job" three weeks ago, with the implication being it was a television offer.
Romo tossed -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back on 127 drop backs in 2015, but generated 0.16 Passing NEP per drop back on 684 such plays in 2014, so it's tough to gauge expectations for what will be the veteran's age-37 season.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Ezekiel Elliott to be more involved in Cowboys passing game June 15th, 2017
- Ezekiel Elliott returns to Cowboys' workouts June 1st, 2017
- Cowboys expect Ryan Switzer to have meaningful role May 27th, 2017
- Rico Gathers making big strides for Cowboys May 13th, 2017
- Cowboys grab wide receiver Noah Brown at 239th pick April 30th, 2017
- Cowboys' suspended Randy Gregory fails another drug test, career in jeopardy April 29th, 2017