Cowboys in no rush to move Tony Romo
The Dallas Cowboys are "willing to wait" on quarterback Tony Romo, said Sports Illustrated's Peter King while appearing on The Rich Eisen Show.
OTAs are still over a month away, so there's no real sense of urgency to make a decision. The Denver Broncos have made it clear they aren't interested in engaging in trade talks for Romo, but perhaps Dallas believes they can get the Houston Texans to take the bait. King also stated that Romo turned down a "very good job" three weeks ago, with the implication being it was a television offer.
Romo tossed -0.04 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back on 127 drop backs in 2015, but generated 0.16 Passing NEP per drop back on 684 such plays in 2014, so it's tough to gauge expectations for what will be the veteran's age-37 season.
- Jaguars unlikely to pick up Blake Bortles's fifth-year option March 26th, 2017
- Browns will release or trade Josh Gordon if reinstated March 26th, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Packers sign Ricky Jean-Francois to a one-year deal March 23rd, 2017
- Cowboys in no rush to move Tony Romo March 20th, 2017
- Darren McFadden staying with Cowboys March 16th, 2017
- Broncos say Cowboys' Tony Romo hasn't been topic of discussion March 13th, 2017
- Unlikely that Cowboys find trade partner for Tony Romo March 11th, 2017
- Cowboys' Doug Free retires after 10-year career March 11th, 2017
- Broncos may not pursue Cowboys' Tony Romo even if released March 11th, 2017