Buccaneers' Doug Martin completed substance rehab in February
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Doug Martin completed his rehab stint in February.
Martin checked into rehab shortly after testing positive for Adderall, which triggered a four-game PED suspension. He met with Buccaneers head coach Dirk Koetter and general manager Jason Licht before the Combine and was reportedly in good spirits. It's unclear if Martin factors into the Bucs' long-term plans, but he won't cost them any money during his suspension.
Among the 42 running backs with at least 100 rushing attempts this year, Martin's -0.20 Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per attempt ranked second-worst. His career-worst Rushing NEP per attempt prior to 2016 was -0.10 during the 2013 season.
- Giants add Wayne Gallman to running back core with the 140th pick April 29th, 2017
- Packers draft BYU running back Jamaal Williams April 29th, 2017
- 49ers move up to draft Joe Williams at 121 April 29th, 2017
- Redskins take Samaje Perine 114th overall April 29th, 2017
- 49ers acquire Kapri Bibbs from Broncos for a 2018 fourth-round pick April 29th, 2017
- Jaguars select Dede Westbrook at 110th overall April 29th, 2017
- Doug Martin's progress heartening to Buccaneers April 29th, 2017
- Buccaneers add outside receiving threat at 84th pick in Chris Godwin April 29th, 2017
- Doug Martin's impressive spring encouraged Buccaneers to pass on running back April 28th, 2017
- Tamp Bay adds another offensive weapon in O.J. Howard with the 19th pick April 28th, 2017
- Buccaneers may use Noah Spence some at strong-side linebacker April 23rd, 2017
- Free agent Adrian Peterson not in Buccaneers' plans April 1st, 2017