Patriots not ruled out for Danny Amendola
"The door is still open" for New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola to stay with the team, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.
Amendola has spent his last four seasons in New England and the Patriots would love to have him back for another. There's one caveat though: Amendola would have to take a pay cut for the third year in a row. In New England, Amendola would be competing for likely the fifth or sixth target in the passing game. Catching passes from quarterback Tom Brady is always a plus, but Amendola's target share would be much greater elsewhere.
56 wide receivers saw between 25 and 75 targets this year. Among those players, Amendola's 0.95 Reception Net Expected Points per target was second-best.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Bears confirm Jordan Howard will be the featured back in 2018 April 17th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski will not attend start of Patriots' offseason program April 15th, 2018
- Report: Patriots 'team most interested' in Lamar Jackson April 12th, 2018
- Patriots ship Brandin Cooks to the Rams for a 2018 first-round pick April 3rd, 2018
- Martellus Bennett announces his retirement from the NFL March 23rd, 2018
- Patriots acquire Cordarrelle Patterson from Raiders March 18th, 2018