Patriots not ruled out for Danny Amendola
"The door is still open" for New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola to stay with the team, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.
Amendola has spent his last four seasons in New England and the Patriots would love to have him back for another. There's one caveat though: Amendola would have to take a pay cut for the third year in a row. In New England, Amendola would be competing for likely the fifth or sixth target in the passing game. Catching passes from quarterback Tom Brady is always a plus, but Amendola's target share would be much greater elsewhere.
56 wide receivers saw between 25 and 75 targets this year. Among those players, Amendola's 0.95 Reception Net Expected Points per target was second-best.
- Seattle's Pete Carroll: Mike Davis 'ran very well' against Jaguars December 12th, 2017
- Cowboys' Jason Witten in plus matchup against the Raiders in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Saints' Wil Lutz is the top projected kicker in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Falcons' Devonta Freeman could see more touches if Tevin Coleman (concussion) sits Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster projected for a bounce back in return from suspension December 12th, 2017
- Chargers' Hunter Henry averaging 6.3 targets over last four games December 12th, 2017
- Kenny Britt, Patriots finalizing deal December 12th, 2017
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski is the top projected tight end in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Danny Amendola leads Patriots with 6 catches, 76 yards in loss December 12th, 2017
- Chris Hogan finishes with 1 catch for Patriots in return December 12th, 2017
- Tom Brady posts his worst game of the season in Pats' loss to Dolphins December 12th, 2017
- Brandin Cooks disappears in Patriots' Week 14 loss December 12th, 2017