Patriots not ruled out for Danny Amendola
"The door is still open" for New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola to stay with the team, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.
Amendola has spent his last four seasons in New England and the Patriots would love to have him back for another. There's one caveat though: Amendola would have to take a pay cut for the third year in a row. In New England, Amendola would be competing for likely the fifth or sixth target in the passing game. Catching passes from quarterback Tom Brady is always a plus, but Amendola's target share would be much greater elsewhere.
56 wide receivers saw between 25 and 75 targets this year. Among those players, Amendola's 0.95 Reception Net Expected Points per target was second-best.
- Texans' Deshaun Watson still needs time to develop June 24th, 2017
- Jets' Matt Forte expected to be workhorse in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Chris Hogan working as Patriots' third receiver June 16th, 2017
- Patriots' Brandin Cooks lining up everywhere at OTAs June 9th, 2017
- Patriots likely won't cut Dion Lewis May 28th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski was a full participant at Patriots' OTAs May 27th, 2017
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski (back) cleared to return to practice May 25th, 2017