Patriots not ruled out for Danny Amendola
"The door is still open" for New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola to stay with the team, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.
Amendola has spent his last four seasons in New England and the Patriots would love to have him back for another. There's one caveat though: Amendola would have to take a pay cut for the third year in a row. In New England, Amendola would be competing for likely the fifth or sixth target in the passing game. Catching passes from quarterback Tom Brady is always a plus, but Amendola's target share would be much greater elsewhere.
56 wide receivers saw between 25 and 75 targets this year. Among those players, Amendola's 0.95 Reception Net Expected Points per target was second-best.
- Giants' left tackle Ereck Flowers having rough camp August 17th, 2017
- Bears' Mitchell Trubisky knows he has work to do August 17th, 2017
- Josh Doctson (hamstring) returned to Redskins practice on Wednesday August 17th, 2017
- Rams' Tavon Austin expected to have role similar to last season's August 17th, 2017
- John Brown's (quad, sickle-cell) future with Cardinals in doubt August 17th, 2017
- Deshaun Watson gaining confidence running Texans' offense August 17th, 2017
- Malcolm Mitchell (knee) limited to individual drills at Patriots' camp August 13th, 2017
- Dwayne Allen more comfortable in Patriots' offense August 13th, 2017
- Kony Ealy fighting for roster spot with Patriots August 10th, 2017
- Patriots' Brandin Cooks shining in joint practices August 9th, 2017
- Rex Burkhead seeing short-yardage reps in Patriots' backfield August 4th, 2017
- Andrew Hawkins retiring from the NFL July 25th, 2017