Patriots not ruled out for Danny Amendola
"The door is still open" for New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola to stay with the team, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.
Amendola has spent his last four seasons in New England and the Patriots would love to have him back for another. There's one caveat though: Amendola would have to take a pay cut for the third year in a row. In New England, Amendola would be competing for likely the fifth or sixth target in the passing game. Catching passes from quarterback Tom Brady is always a plus, but Amendola's target share would be much greater elsewhere.
56 wide receivers saw between 25 and 75 targets this year. Among those players, Amendola's 0.95 Reception Net Expected Points per target was second-best.
- Jaguars unlikely to pick up Blake Bortles's fifth-year option March 26th, 2017
- Browns will release or trade Josh Gordon if reinstated March 26th, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Packers sign Ricky Jean-Francois to a one-year deal March 23rd, 2017
- Patriots may be only landing spot for Darrelle Revis March 23rd, 2017
- Patriots, Saints setting table for Malcolm Butler trade March 21st, 2017
- Darrelle Revis' poor play due to weight gain March 20th, 2017
- Patriots' Bill Belichick told Darrelle Revis he won't pan out at safety March 20th, 2017
- Patriots not ruled out for Danny Amendola March 19th, 2017
- Patriots' Dont'a Hightower's physical scared Jets March 17th, 2017