Patriots not ruled out for Danny Amendola
"The door is still open" for New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola to stay with the team, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.
Amendola has spent his last four seasons in New England and the Patriots would love to have him back for another. There's one caveat though: Amendola would have to take a pay cut for the third year in a row. In New England, Amendola would be competing for likely the fifth or sixth target in the passing game. Catching passes from quarterback Tom Brady is always a plus, but Amendola's target share would be much greater elsewhere.
56 wide receivers saw between 25 and 75 targets this year. Among those players, Amendola's 0.95 Reception Net Expected Points per target was second-best.
- Giants add Wayne Gallman to running back core with the 140th pick April 29th, 2017
- Packers draft BYU running back Jamaal Williams April 29th, 2017
- 49ers move up to draft Joe Williams at 121 April 29th, 2017
- Redskins take Samaje Perine 114th overall April 29th, 2017
- 49ers acquire Kapri Bibbs from Broncos for a 2018 fourth-round pick April 29th, 2017
- Jaguars select Dede Westbrook at 110th overall April 29th, 2017
- Patriots exercise Brandin Cooks's fifth-year option April 29th, 2017
- Saints not ruling out Day 2 trade for Patriots' Malcolm Butler April 28th, 2017
- Patriots refused Browns' last-ditch attempt to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo April 28th, 2017
- Mike Gillislee to replace LeGarrette Blount in New England's backfield April 24th, 2017
- Mike Gillislee officially a Patriot after Bills fail to match April 24th, 2017
- Patriots will trade Malcolm Butler to Saints this week or not at all April 23rd, 2017