Patriots not ruled out for Danny Amendola
"The door is still open" for New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola to stay with the team, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.
Amendola has spent his last four seasons in New England and the Patriots would love to have him back for another. There's one caveat though: Amendola would have to take a pay cut for the third year in a row. In New England, Amendola would be competing for likely the fifth or sixth target in the passing game. Catching passes from quarterback Tom Brady is always a plus, but Amendola's target share would be much greater elsewhere.
56 wide receivers saw between 25 and 75 targets this year. Among those players, Amendola's 0.95 Reception Net Expected Points per target was second-best.
- D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) unlikely to be ready for Texans' training camp June 18th, 2018
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Mike McCarthy: Packers using committee approach in backfield June 18th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck says 'pain is gone' in shoulder June 18th, 2018
- Zay Jones has to prove his worth in Bills' offense June 18th, 2018
- Dolphins unsure of Mike Gesicki's role to start the season June 9th, 2018
- Dolphins taking it easy with DeVante Parker heading into the 2018 season June 1st, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill (knee) to 'do everything' at Dolphins' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Gase: Dolphins' DeVante Parker doing 'a great job' so far this offseason May 10th, 2018
- Dolphins acquire Akeem Spence in trade with Lions May 3rd, 2018
- Miami Dolphins select TE Mike Gesicki with the 42nd pick in the 2018 NFL Draft April 27th, 2018