Patriots not ruled out for Danny Amendola
"The door is still open" for New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola to stay with the team, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.
Amendola has spent his last four seasons in New England and the Patriots would love to have him back for another. There's one caveat though: Amendola would have to take a pay cut for the third year in a row. In New England, Amendola would be competing for likely the fifth or sixth target in the passing game. Catching passes from quarterback Tom Brady is always a plus, but Amendola's target share would be much greater elsewhere.
56 wide receivers saw between 25 and 75 targets this year. Among those players, Amendola's 0.95 Reception Net Expected Points per target was second-best.
- Jaguars not expected to re-sign slot standout Aaron Colvin February 21st, 2018
- Colts not expected to re-sign Frank Gore February 21st, 2018
- Report: Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) could miss training camp February 21st, 2018
- Colts, Adam Vinatieri 'closing in' on one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) undergoes surgery on torn rotator cuff February 21st, 2018
- Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason February 21st, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski started thinking about retirement prior to playoffs February 17th, 2018
- Patriots' Martellus Bennett a candidate for release February 10th, 2018
- 'Early vibe' is that Dion Lewis won't return to Patriots February 10th, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski's retirement talk believed to be 'real' February 8th, 2018
- Josh McDaniels won't accept Colts' head coaching job, will remain with Patriots February 6th, 2018
- Detroit Lions officially hire Matt Patricia as head coach February 5th, 2018