Patriots not ruled out for Danny Amendola
"The door is still open" for New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola to stay with the team, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.
Amendola has spent his last four seasons in New England and the Patriots would love to have him back for another. There's one caveat though: Amendola would have to take a pay cut for the third year in a row. In New England, Amendola would be competing for likely the fifth or sixth target in the passing game. Catching passes from quarterback Tom Brady is always a plus, but Amendola's target share would be much greater elsewhere.
56 wide receivers saw between 25 and 75 targets this year. Among those players, Amendola's 0.95 Reception Net Expected Points per target was second-best.
- Raiders' Marshawn Lynch suspended one game for unsportsmanlike conduct October 20th, 2017
- Packers place Aaron Rodgers (broken collarbone) on injured reserve October 20th, 2017
- Willie Snead (hamstring) is questionable for Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (shoulder) misses Friday's practice and is listed as questionable October 20th, 2017
- Washington's Rob Kelley (ankle) is expected to start in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Dolphins' DeVante Parker (ankle) is doubtful for Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) will play in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Chris Hogan (ribs) limited again for Patriots Thursday October 19th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) limited at practice on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- James White totals 45 yards in Patriots' Week 6 win October 15th, 2017
- Mike Gillislee loses fumble in Patriots' Week 6 win October 15th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan held to 1 catch in win over Jets October 15th, 2017