Josh McCown's visit with Jets went well
Free agent quarterback Josh McCown's visit with the New York Jets is "going very well" and the two sides have "discussed contract parameters," SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports.
It seems each side is serious about a deal. In theory, McCown is a good stop-gap option and mentor as the Jets attempt to develop Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, but McCown has not lasted more than a few games before getting hurt the last couple years. If the 37-year-old ends up being the Jets' only addition at quarterback, Petty or Hackenberg likely will see the field in 2017.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Jaguars unlikely to pick up Blake Bortles's fifth-year option March 26th, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Packers sign Ricky Jean-Francois to a one-year deal March 23rd, 2017
- Quinton Patton joins Jets March 23rd, 2017
- Browns will release or trade Josh Gordon if reinstated March 26th, 2017
- Cleveland no longer expected to make play for Washington's Kirk Cousins March 14th, 2017
- Browns may be shifting sights to Washington's Kirk Cousins March 14th, 2017
- Browns not interested in Geno Smith March 14th, 2017
- Geno Smith drawing interest from Chargers, Browns March 14th, 2017
- Jets are team to watch in hunt for Brock Osweiler's services March 12th, 2017