Josh McCown's visit with Jets went well
Free agent quarterback Josh McCown's visit with the New York Jets is "going very well" and the two sides have "discussed contract parameters," SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports.
It seems each side is serious about a deal. In theory, McCown is a good stop-gap option and mentor as the Jets attempt to develop Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, but McCown has not lasted more than a few games before getting hurt the last couple years. If the 37-year-old ends up being the Jets' only addition at quarterback, Petty or Hackenberg likely will see the field in 2017.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Texans' Deshaun Watson still needs time to develop June 24th, 2017
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Falcons confident in Devonta Freeman extension June 20th, 2017
- Jets' Matt Forte expected to be workhorse in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker signs with Titans June 18th, 2017
- Jets' Eric Decker has been cleared from hip and shoulder surgeries June 7th, 2017
- Quincy Enunwa expected to be the Jets' top wideout in 2017 June 7th, 2017