Josh McCown's visit with Jets went well
Free agent quarterback Josh McCown's visit with the New York Jets is "going very well" and the two sides have "discussed contract parameters," SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports.
It seems each side is serious about a deal. In theory, McCown is a good stop-gap option and mentor as the Jets attempt to develop Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, but McCown has not lasted more than a few games before getting hurt the last couple years. If the 37-year-old ends up being the Jets' only addition at quarterback, Petty or Hackenberg likely will see the field in 2017.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- 2015 3rd-rounder Clive Walford claimed by Jets April 2nd, 2018
- Jets add Thomas Rawls to backfield March 31st, 2018
- Terrelle Pryor reportedly signs deal with Jets March 23rd, 2018
- Jets acquire third overall pick in trade with Colts March 17th, 2018
- Jets reportedly also sign Teddy Bridgewater to 1-year deal March 13th, 2018
- Isaiah Crowell joins Jets with 3-year contract March 13th, 2018