Josh McCown's visit with Jets went well
Free agent quarterback Josh McCown's visit with the New York Jets is "going very well" and the two sides have "discussed contract parameters," SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports.
It seems each side is serious about a deal. In theory, McCown is a good stop-gap option and mentor as the Jets attempt to develop Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, but McCown has not lasted more than a few games before getting hurt the last couple years. If the 37-year-old ends up being the Jets' only addition at quarterback, Petty or Hackenberg likely will see the field in 2017.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Seattle's Pete Carroll: Mike Davis 'ran very well' against Jaguars December 12th, 2017
- Cowboys' Jason Witten in plus matchup against the Raiders in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Saints' Wil Lutz is the top projected kicker in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Falcons' Devonta Freeman could see more touches if Tevin Coleman (concussion) sits Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster projected for a bounce back in return from suspension December 12th, 2017
- Chargers' Hunter Henry averaging 6.3 targets over last four games December 12th, 2017
- Bryce Petty taking over as Jets' starter following Josh McCown's (hand) season-ending injury December 11th, 2017
- Jets' Josh McCown (hand) officially out for the season, Bryce Petty to start December 11th, 2017
- Jets' Matt Forte struggles in Week 14 loss to Broncos December 11th, 2017
- Jermaine Kearse produces just 1 catch Sunday in ugly Jets loss December 11th, 2017
- Robby Anderson flops as Jets get shutout in Week 14 December 11th, 2017
- Bryce Petty will start Week 15 for Jets if Josh McCown (broken hand) is ruled out December 11th, 2017