Josh McCown's visit with Jets went well
Free agent quarterback Josh McCown's visit with the New York Jets is "going very well" and the two sides have "discussed contract parameters," SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports.
It seems each side is serious about a deal. In theory, McCown is a good stop-gap option and mentor as the Jets attempt to develop Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, but McCown has not lasted more than a few games before getting hurt the last couple years. If the 37-year-old ends up being the Jets' only addition at quarterback, Petty or Hackenberg likely will see the field in 2017.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Giants add Wayne Gallman to running back core with the 140th pick April 29th, 2017
- Packers draft BYU running back Jamaal Williams April 29th, 2017
- 49ers move up to draft Joe Williams at 121 April 29th, 2017
- Redskins take Samaje Perine 114th overall April 29th, 2017
- 49ers acquire Kapri Bibbs from Broncos for a 2018 fourth-round pick April 29th, 2017
- Jaguars select Dede Westbrook at 110th overall April 29th, 2017
- DeShone Kizer will have chance to compete for Browns' starting job April 29th, 2017
- Browns find their quarterback, select DeShone Kizer with the 52nd pick April 28th, 2017
- Patriots refused Browns' last-ditch attempt to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo April 28th, 2017
- Gary Barnidge cut by Browns April 28th, 2017
- Browns kicking tires on A.J. McCarron with Bengals April 28th, 2017
- Browns select Jabrill Peppers at 25th overall April 28th, 2017