Josh McCown's visit with Jets went well
Free agent quarterback Josh McCown's visit with the New York Jets is "going very well" and the two sides have "discussed contract parameters," SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports.
It seems each side is serious about a deal. In theory, McCown is a good stop-gap option and mentor as the Jets attempt to develop Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, but McCown has not lasted more than a few games before getting hurt the last couple years. If the 37-year-old ends up being the Jets' only addition at quarterback, Petty or Hackenberg likely will see the field in 2017.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Giants' left tackle Ereck Flowers having rough camp August 17th, 2017
- Bears' Mitchell Trubisky knows he has work to do August 17th, 2017
- Josh Doctson (hamstring) returned to Redskins practice on Wednesday August 17th, 2017
- Rams' Tavon Austin expected to have role similar to last season's August 17th, 2017
- John Brown's (quad, sickle-cell) future with Cardinals in doubt August 17th, 2017
- Deshaun Watson gaining confidence running Texans' offense August 17th, 2017
- Bilal Powell (neck) will not play in Jets' preseason opener August 10th, 2017
- Jets trying to build Christian Hackenberg's confidence August 10th, 2017
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins looks like Jets' best offensive weapon August 9th, 2017
- Jets place Quincy Enunwa (neck) on injured reserve August 7th, 2017
- Jets' Matt Forte (hamstring) returns to practice Monday August 7th, 2017
- Quincy Enunwa re-injures neck in Jets' practice August 6th, 2017