Bengals sign Kevin Minter to middle linebacker
The Cincinnati Bengals signed inside linebacker Kevin Minter to a one-year contract.
Minter gives the Bengals an every-down starter next to weak-side linebacker Vontaze Burfict. He played inside for the Arizona Cardinals and could bump Rey Mauluga off the roster in Cincinnati. 26-year-old Minter was one of the top linebackers left in free agency.
The Bengals of 2016 ended up with the eighth-worst opponent-adjusted Defensive Rushing Net Expected Points per play in the league. Minter contributed to a Cardinals' front-seven that ranked sixth-best in this analytic.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Joe Mixon continues to receive praise from Bengals May 18th, 2017
- Andy Dalton expects major improvement from Bengals' offense May 18th, 2017
- Bengals will feed Joe Mixon early and often May 9th, 2017
- Bengals take the risk and select Joe Mixon with the 48th pick April 28th, 2017
- Browns kicking tires on A.J. McCarron with Bengals April 28th, 2017
- Bengals make John Ross the ninth pick in the draft April 27th, 2017