Bengals sign Kevin Minter to middle linebacker
The Cincinnati Bengals signed inside linebacker Kevin Minter to a one-year contract.
Minter gives the Bengals an every-down starter next to weak-side linebacker Vontaze Burfict. He played inside for the Arizona Cardinals and could bump Rey Mauluga off the roster in Cincinnati. 26-year-old Minter was one of the top linebackers left in free agency.
The Bengals of 2016 ended up with the eighth-worst opponent-adjusted Defensive Rushing Net Expected Points per play in the league. Minter contributed to a Cardinals' front-seven that ranked sixth-best in this analytic.
- Eagles' LeGarrette Blount projected for single-digit carries in NFC Championship January 17th, 2018
- Leonard Fournette (ankle) limited Wednesday for Jaguars January 17th, 2018
- Rex Burkhead (knee) limited for Patriots on Wednesday January 17th, 2018
- Patriots' Tom Brady (hand) limited at Wednesday's practice January 17th, 2018
- Corey Clement continues to have low-volume role in Eagles offense January 17th, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) doesn't practice for Vikings on Wednesday January 17th, 2018
- Bengals' A.J. McCarron wanted 'opportunity' to start for Browns January 16th, 2018
- Cincinnati Bengals re-sign head coach Marvin Lewis to a 2-year contract January 2nd, 2018
- Joe Mixon (ankle) active for Bengals in Week 17 December 31st, 2017
- Joe Mixon (ankle) is expected to play Sunday for Bengals December 31st, 2017
- Bengals' Joe Mixon (ankle) listed as questionable versus Ravens December 29th, 2017
- Bengals' Joe Mixon (ankle) practicing on Thursday December 28th, 2017