Buccaneers sign Nick Folk as Roberto Aguayo competition
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed kicker Nick Folk, formerly of the New York Jets.
The Bucs promised to bring in competition for 2016 second-rounder Roberto Aguayo, and Folk certainly fits the bill. A 10-year vet with a career 81.3 percent conversion rate, Folk should put real pressure on the sophomore if Tampa holds a real competition. Aguayo converted 22-of-31 attempts (70.9 percent) as a rookie.
Aguayo earned -12.71 Net Expected Points on his 31 tries in 2016. That was the worst total among the 30 kickers to attempt at least 20 field goals in 2016, and the third-worst among any kicker since 2000.
- Jaguars unlikely to pick up Blake Bortles's fifth-year option March 26th, 2017
- Browns will release or trade Josh Gordon if reinstated March 26th, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Packers sign Ricky Jean-Francois to a one-year deal March 23rd, 2017
- Quinton Patton joins Jets March 23rd, 2017
- Jets may give Christian Hackenberg some starts next season March 22nd, 2017
- Jets eyeing a quarterback in the first round March 21st, 2017
- Jets sign quarterback Josh McCown to a one-year deal March 20th, 2017
- Jets bringing in Chase Daniel for visit March 20th, 2017
- Josh McCown's visit with Jets went well March 19th, 2017