Buccaneers sign Nick Folk as Roberto Aguayo competition
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed kicker Nick Folk, formerly of the New York Jets.
The Bucs promised to bring in competition for 2016 second-rounder Roberto Aguayo, and Folk certainly fits the bill. A 10-year vet with a career 81.3 percent conversion rate, Folk should put real pressure on the sophomore if Tampa holds a real competition. Aguayo converted 22-of-31 attempts (70.9 percent) as a rookie.
Aguayo earned -12.71 Net Expected Points on his 31 tries in 2016. That was the worst total among the 30 kickers to attempt at least 20 field goals in 2016, and the third-worst among any kicker since 2000.
- Raiders' Marshawn Lynch suspended one game for unsportsmanlike conduct October 20th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) will play in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Packers place Aaron Rodgers (broken collarbone) on injured reserve October 20th, 2017
- Willie Snead (hamstring) is questionable for Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (shoulder) misses Friday's practice and is listed as questionable October 20th, 2017
- Washington's Rob Kelley (ankle) is expected to start in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Buccaneers' Jameis Winston (shoulder) will start on Sunday October 20th, 2017
- Jameis Winston expected to do more at Buccaneers' practice Friday October 19th, 2017
- Jameis Winston's (shoulder) status in doubt for Buccaneers in Week 7 October 19th, 2017
- Jameis Winston (shoulder) expected to throw Thursday at Buccaneers' practice October 19th, 2017
- Jameis Winston (shoulder) expected to be active for Buccaneers Week 7 October 19th, 2017
- Jameis Winston (shoulder) limited at Buccaneers' practice Wednesday October 18th, 2017