Free agent Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with a team already
Free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with another team at the start of free agency, San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch said.
"He was in everyone’s mind in this league very close to signing a deal with a team at a really good number," said Lynch. "And it fell through, apparently." Kaepernick's market has been nonexistent with some reports suggesting teams are avoiding him due to his political views. The 29-year-old didn't move the needle much last year but his supporting cast in San Francisco was abysmal.
Kaepernick's Passing Net Expected Points per drop back ranked 28th among the 39 quarterbacks to drop back 100 times last season.
- Raiders' Marshawn Lynch suspended one game for unsportsmanlike conduct October 20th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) will play in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Packers place Aaron Rodgers (broken collarbone) on injured reserve October 20th, 2017
- Willie Snead (hamstring) is questionable for Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (shoulder) misses Friday's practice and is listed as questionable October 20th, 2017
- Washington's Rob Kelley (ankle) is expected to start in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- George Kittle draws eight targets in 49ers' Week 6 loss October 16th, 2017
- Matt Breida receives six touches in 49ers' Week 6 loss October 16th, 2017
- Brian Hoyer benched heading into Week 7 for 49ers October 16th, 2017
- 49ers name C.J. Beathard starting quarterback October 16th, 2017
- Pierre Garcon unable to convert chances in 49ers loss October 15th, 2017
- C.J. Beathard named the 49ers' starting quarterback the rest of the season October 15th, 2017