Free agent Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with a team already
Free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with another team at the start of free agency, San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch said.
"He was in everyone’s mind in this league very close to signing a deal with a team at a really good number," said Lynch. "And it fell through, apparently." Kaepernick's market has been nonexistent with some reports suggesting teams are avoiding him due to his political views. The 29-year-old didn't move the needle much last year but his supporting cast in San Francisco was abysmal.
Kaepernick's Passing Net Expected Points per drop back ranked 28th among the 39 quarterbacks to drop back 100 times last season.
- Jets' Matt Forte expected to be workhorse in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- 49ers sign Elvis Dumervil to two-year deal June 6th, 2017
- Carlos Hyde struggling in 49ers' new system June 1st, 2017
- Vance McDonald not a lock to make 49ers' final roster May 22nd, 2017
- Joe Williams could supplant Carlos Hyde in 49ers' backfield May 17th, 2017
- 49ers call Navorro Bowman trade rumors "completely false" May 11th, 2017
- 49ers could be shopping Navorro Bowman May 11th, 2017