Free agent Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with a team already
Free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with another team at the start of free agency, San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch said.
"He was in everyone’s mind in this league very close to signing a deal with a team at a really good number," said Lynch. "And it fell through, apparently." Kaepernick's market has been nonexistent with some reports suggesting teams are avoiding him due to his political views. The 29-year-old didn't move the needle much last year but his supporting cast in San Francisco was abysmal.
Kaepernick's Passing Net Expected Points per drop back ranked 28th among the 39 quarterbacks to drop back 100 times last season.
- Steelers may feature four wideouts in offense more often May 22nd, 2017
- Broncos confirm they'll use a committee at running back May 22nd, 2017
- Ameer Abdullah could see 'featured role' in Lions' offense May 22nd, 2017
- DeVante Parker continues to impress for Dolphins this offseason May 22nd, 2017
- Washington's Josh Doctson (Achilles) will be full-go for OTAs May 22nd, 2017
- Jets' Christian Hackenberg was wild even in practice last year May 21st, 2017
- Vance McDonald not a lock to make 49ers' final roster May 22nd, 2017
- Joe Williams could supplant Carlos Hyde in 49ers' backfield May 17th, 2017
- 49ers call Navorro Bowman trade rumors "completely false" May 11th, 2017
- 49ers could be shopping Navorro Bowman May 11th, 2017
- 49ers' Reuben Foster had concussion issues in college May 4th, 2017
- 49ers' first-round pick Reuben Foster (shoulder) may need more surgery May 2nd, 2017