Free agent Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with a team already
Free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with another team at the start of free agency, San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch said.
"He was in everyone’s mind in this league very close to signing a deal with a team at a really good number," said Lynch. "And it fell through, apparently." Kaepernick's market has been nonexistent with some reports suggesting teams are avoiding him due to his political views. The 29-year-old didn't move the needle much last year but his supporting cast in San Francisco was abysmal.
Kaepernick's Passing Net Expected Points per drop back ranked 28th among the 39 quarterbacks to drop back 100 times last season.
- Packers sign Jahri Evans to bolster offensive line April 26th, 2017
- Washington satisfied with backfield, unimpressed with Matt Jones April 26th, 2017
- Sammie Coates isn't a lock to make Steelers' roster April 26th, 2017
- Raiders, Seahawks exchange 2018 picks in Marshawn Lynch deal April 26th, 2017
- Marshawn Lynch agrees to two-year deal with Raiders April 26th, 2017
- NFL conditionally reinstates Pittsburgh's Martavis Bryant April 25th, 2017
- 49ers' Arik Armstead underwent offseason shoulder surgery April 26th, 2017
- 49ers plan to shop Carlos Hyde April 12th, 2017
- 49ers ink Tim Hightower to backup role April 2nd, 2017
- Free agent Quinton Patton visits Jets March 19th, 2017
- Free agent Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with a team already March 17th, 2017
- 49ers acquire Ravens' starting center Jeremy Zuttah March 15th, 2017