Free agent Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with a team already
Free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with another team at the start of free agency, San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch said.
"He was in everyone’s mind in this league very close to signing a deal with a team at a really good number," said Lynch. "And it fell through, apparently." Kaepernick's market has been nonexistent with some reports suggesting teams are avoiding him due to his political views. The 29-year-old didn't move the needle much last year but his supporting cast in San Francisco was abysmal.
Kaepernick's Passing Net Expected Points per drop back ranked 28th among the 39 quarterbacks to drop back 100 times last season.
- Jaguars not expected to re-sign slot standout Aaron Colvin February 21st, 2018
- Colts not expected to re-sign Frank Gore February 21st, 2018
- Report: Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) could miss training camp February 21st, 2018
- Colts, Adam Vinatieri 'closing in' on one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) undergoes surgery on torn rotator cuff February 21st, 2018
- Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason February 21st, 2018
- 49ers' Reuben Foster arrested again for domestic violence, possessing assault rifle February 12th, 2018
- 49ers sign Jimmy Garoppolo to a five-year, $137.5 million contract February 8th, 2018
- Jimmy Garoppolo and 49ers' contract talks have made progress February 4th, 2018
- Jimmy Garoppolo extension remains high priority for 49ers January 24th, 2018
- 49ers' Reuben Foster arrested on marijuana possession January 13th, 2018
- 'Confidence on both sides' that Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers will reach deal January 13th, 2018