Free agent Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with a team already
Free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with another team at the start of free agency, San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch said.
"He was in everyone’s mind in this league very close to signing a deal with a team at a really good number," said Lynch. "And it fell through, apparently." Kaepernick's market has been nonexistent with some reports suggesting teams are avoiding him due to his political views. The 29-year-old didn't move the needle much last year but his supporting cast in San Francisco was abysmal.
Kaepernick's Passing Net Expected Points per drop back ranked 28th among the 39 quarterbacks to drop back 100 times last season.
- Jaguars unlikely to pick up Blake Bortles's fifth-year option March 26th, 2017
- Browns will release or trade Josh Gordon if reinstated March 26th, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Packers sign Ricky Jean-Francois to a one-year deal March 23rd, 2017
- Free agent Quinton Patton visits Jets March 19th, 2017
- Free agent Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with a team already March 17th, 2017
- 49ers acquire Ravens' starting center Jeremy Zuttah March 15th, 2017
- 49ers plan to add to quarterbacks Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley March 11th, 2017
- Pierre Garcon inks three-year contract with 49ers March 9th, 2017
- Kirk Cousins absolutely does not want to remain in Washington March 8th, 2017