Free agent Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with a team already
Free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick nearly signed with another team at the start of free agency, San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch said.
"He was in everyone’s mind in this league very close to signing a deal with a team at a really good number," said Lynch. "And it fell through, apparently." Kaepernick's market has been nonexistent with some reports suggesting teams are avoiding him due to his political views. The 29-year-old didn't move the needle much last year but his supporting cast in San Francisco was abysmal.
Kaepernick's Passing Net Expected Points per drop back ranked 28th among the 39 quarterbacks to drop back 100 times last season.
- Giants' left tackle Ereck Flowers having rough camp August 17th, 2017
- Bears' Mitchell Trubisky knows he has work to do August 17th, 2017
- Josh Doctson (hamstring) returned to Redskins practice on Wednesday August 17th, 2017
- Rams' Tavon Austin expected to have role similar to last season's August 17th, 2017
- John Brown's (quad, sickle-cell) future with Cardinals in doubt August 17th, 2017
- Deshaun Watson gaining confidence running Texans' offense August 17th, 2017
- Brian Hoyer looking sharp in 49ers' practices August 6th, 2017
- Joe Williams struggling early for 49ers August 2nd, 2017
- Carlos Hyde has early grip on starting job in 49ers' backfield August 2nd, 2017
- Tim Hightower takes 49ers' first reps on Monday July 31st, 2017
- Carlos Hyde might not be on 49ers' roster past training camp July 25th, 2017
- Carlos Hyde not guaranteed starting job in 49ers' backfield July 12th, 2017