Josh McCown will meet with Jets this weekend
Free agent quarterback Josh McCown is visiting the New York Jets on Saturday.
Going on 38 (in July), McCown would have a realistic chance at the Jets' starting gig in 2017 as they identify their quarterback of the future while going into complete rebuild mode. He's been solid as a backup throughout his career, but there's almost no chance McCown could last a full 16-game season. In five games (three starts) with the Cleveland Browns in 2016, Luke's older brother completed 54.5 percent of his 165 pass attempts for 1,100 yards with six touchdowns and six interceptions.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Bucs sign Vinny Curry to three-year deal March 17th, 2018
- Ravens not ruling out re-signing Mike Wallace March 17th, 2018
- Colts release defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins March 17th, 2018
- Free agent Terrelle Pryor visiting Seahawks on Sunday March 17th, 2018
- Cowboys to release cornerback Orlando Scandrick March 17th, 2018
- Patriots extend veteran safety Patrick Chung March 17th, 2018
- Jets acquire third overall pick in trade with Colts March 17th, 2018
- Jets reportedly also sign Teddy Bridgewater to 1-year deal March 13th, 2018
- Isaiah Crowell joins Jets with 3-year contract March 13th, 2018
- Report: Trumaine Johnson to sign with Jets March 13th, 2018
- Josh McCown re-signs with Jets, reportedly named starter for 2018 March 13th, 2018
- Rapoport: Jets want Teddy Bridgewater, 'working on a deal' March 13th, 2018