Josh McCown will meet with Jets this weekend
Free agent quarterback Josh McCown is visiting the New York Jets on Saturday.
Going on 38 (in July), McCown would have a realistic chance at the Jets' starting gig in 2017 as they identify their quarterback of the future while going into complete rebuild mode. He's been solid as a backup throughout his career, but there's almost no chance McCown could last a full 16-game season. In five games (three starts) with the Cleveland Browns in 2016, Luke's older brother completed 54.5 percent of his 165 pass attempts for 1,100 yards with six touchdowns and six interceptions.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Eagles' LeGarrette Blount projected for single-digit carries in NFC Championship January 17th, 2018
- Leonard Fournette (ankle) limited Wednesday for Jaguars January 17th, 2018
- Rex Burkhead (knee) limited for Patriots on Wednesday January 17th, 2018
- Patriots' Tom Brady (hand) limited at Wednesday's practice January 17th, 2018
- Corey Clement continues to have low-volume role in Eagles offense January 17th, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) doesn't practice for Vikings on Wednesday January 17th, 2018
- Matt Forte's 'days are numbered' with the Jets January 11th, 2018
- Bryce Petty throws for 232 yards as Jets fall to Patriots in Week 17 December 31st, 2017
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins (ribs. foot) is inactive for Jets in Week 17 December 31st, 2017
- Jets place Matt Forte (knee) on injured reserve December 30th, 2017
- Jets' Austin Seferian-Jenkins (ribs, foot) is doubtful for Week 17 December 29th, 2017
- Bryce Petty struggles again as Jets fall to Chargers December 24th, 2017