Josh McCown will meet with Jets this weekend
Free agent quarterback Josh McCown is visiting the New York Jets on Saturday.
Going on 38 (in July), McCown would have a realistic chance at the Jets' starting gig in 2017 as they identify their quarterback of the future while going into complete rebuild mode. He's been solid as a backup throughout his career, but there's almost no chance McCown could last a full 16-game season. In five games (three starts) with the Cleveland Browns in 2016, Luke's older brother completed 54.5 percent of his 165 pass attempts for 1,100 yards with six touchdowns and six interceptions.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Jaguars unlikely to pick up Blake Bortles's fifth-year option March 26th, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Packers sign Ricky Jean-Francois to a one-year deal March 23rd, 2017
- Quinton Patton joins Jets March 23rd, 2017
- Browns will release or trade Josh Gordon if reinstated March 26th, 2017
- Cleveland no longer expected to make play for Washington's Kirk Cousins March 14th, 2017
- Browns may be shifting sights to Washington's Kirk Cousins March 14th, 2017
- Browns not interested in Geno Smith March 14th, 2017
- Geno Smith drawing interest from Chargers, Browns March 14th, 2017
- Jets are team to watch in hunt for Brock Osweiler's services March 12th, 2017