Josh McCown will meet with Jets this weekend
Free agent quarterback Josh McCown is visiting the New York Jets on Saturday.
Going on 38 (in July), McCown would have a realistic chance at the Jets' starting gig in 2017 as they identify their quarterback of the future while going into complete rebuild mode. He's been solid as a backup throughout his career, but there's almost no chance McCown could last a full 16-game season. In five games (three starts) with the Cleveland Browns in 2016, Luke's older brother completed 54.5 percent of his 165 pass attempts for 1,100 yards with six touchdowns and six interceptions.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Steelers may feature four wideouts in offense more often May 22nd, 2017
- Broncos confirm they'll use a committee at running back May 22nd, 2017
- Ameer Abdullah could see 'featured role' in Lions' offense May 22nd, 2017
- DeVante Parker continues to impress for Dolphins this offseason May 22nd, 2017
- Vance McDonald not a lock to make 49ers' final roster May 22nd, 2017
- Washington's Josh Doctson (Achilles) will be full-go for OTAs May 22nd, 2017
- Jason McCourty signs with Browns on a two-year deal May 16th, 2017
- Browns' starting quarterback job is Cody Kessler's to lose May 16th, 2017
- Browns will give Cody Kessler first OTA reps May 14th, 2017
- DeShone Kizer has chance to be Browns' Week 1 starter May 13th, 2017
- Josh Gordon's petition for reinstatement denied by NFL May 11th, 2017
- Isaiah Crowell signs RFA tender with Browns May 10th, 2017