Josh McCown will meet with Jets this weekend
Free agent quarterback Josh McCown is visiting the New York Jets on Saturday.
Going on 38 (in July), McCown would have a realistic chance at the Jets' starting gig in 2017 as they identify their quarterback of the future while going into complete rebuild mode. He's been solid as a backup throughout his career, but there's almost no chance McCown could last a full 16-game season. In five games (three starts) with the Cleveland Browns in 2016, Luke's older brother completed 54.5 percent of his 165 pass attempts for 1,100 yards with six touchdowns and six interceptions.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Falcons confident in Devonta Freeman extension June 20th, 2017
- Panthers say Kelvin Benjamin worked back into shape during OTAs June 19th, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker signs with Titans June 18th, 2017
- Jets' Eric Decker has been cleared from hip and shoulder surgeries June 7th, 2017
- Quincy Enunwa expected to be the Jets' top wideout in 2017 June 7th, 2017
- Josh McCown outperforming other Jets' quarterbacks at OTAs May 30th, 2017