Josh McCown will meet with Jets this weekend
Free agent quarterback Josh McCown is visiting the New York Jets on Saturday.
Going on 38 (in July), McCown would have a realistic chance at the Jets' starting gig in 2017 as they identify their quarterback of the future while going into complete rebuild mode. He's been solid as a backup throughout his career, but there's almost no chance McCown could last a full 16-game season. In five games (three starts) with the Cleveland Browns in 2016, Luke's older brother completed 54.5 percent of his 165 pass attempts for 1,100 yards with six touchdowns and six interceptions.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Packers sign Jahri Evans to bolster offensive line April 26th, 2017
- 49ers' Arik Armstead underwent offseason shoulder surgery April 26th, 2017
- Washington satisfied with backfield, unimpressed with Matt Jones April 26th, 2017
- Sammie Coates isn't a lock to make Steelers' roster April 26th, 2017
- Raiders, Seahawks exchange 2018 picks in Marshawn Lynch deal April 26th, 2017
- Marshawn Lynch agrees to two-year deal with Raiders April 26th, 2017
- Browns' Cody Kessler hoping to improve on deep passing in 2017 April 19th, 2017
- Brock Osweiler to compete for Browns' starting gig April 19th, 2017
- Browns have interest in Bengals' A.J. McCarron April 6th, 2017
- Browns may move Corey Coleman to slot if Josh Gordon returns March 31st, 2017
- Browns say Corey Coleman is the new number one March 29th, 2017
- Browns haven't given up on Patriots' Jimmy Garoppolo March 27th, 2017