Geno Smith comes to terms with Giants
The New York Giants have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Geno Smith, formerly of the New York Jets.
Smith will sign Monday, pending a physical. He may have had an opportunity to start with the Cleveland Browns, but has apparently decided to remain in New York as Eli Manning's backup. The 26-year-old quarterback is still recovering from tearing his ACL in Week 7 of last season, but Geno could theoretically be in line as Manning's eventual replacement when his contract runs out after 2018.
Over the last two years, Smith has dropped back just 62 times, accruing 0.05 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back. Manning earned 0.06 Passing NEP per drop back (619 attempts) in 2016.
- Washington's Kirk Cousins lights up the Raiders on Sunday night September 24th, 2017
- Chris Thompson racks up 188 total yards in Washington's win September 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart totals 61 yards as Panthers' offense struggles September 24th, 2017
- Robby Anderson goes for 95 yards and a touchdown as Jets win September 24th, 2017
- Christian McCaffrey leads the Panthers in receiving on Sunday September 24th, 2017
- DeVante Parker scores a garbage time touchdown in Dolphins' Week 3 loss September 24th, 2017
- Sterling Shepard scores a long touchdown in Giants' loss September 24th, 2017
- Odell Beckham scores two touchdowns as Giants fall to 0-3 September 24th, 2017
- Eli Manning throws for 366 yards in Giants' loss September 24th, 2017
- Giants' Evan Engram clears concussion protocol, will play Week 3 September 22nd, 2017
- Giants' Odell Beckham removed from Week 3 injury report September 22nd, 2017
- Giants' Evan Engram listed as questionable (concussion) for Week 3 September 22nd, 2017