Geno Smith comes to terms with Giants
The New York Giants have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Geno Smith, formerly of the New York Jets.
Smith will sign Monday, pending a physical. He may have had an opportunity to start with the Cleveland Browns, but has apparently decided to remain in New York as Eli Manning's backup. The 26-year-old quarterback is still recovering from tearing his ACL in Week 7 of last season, but Geno could theoretically be in line as Manning's eventual replacement when his contract runs out after 2018.
Over the last two years, Smith has dropped back just 62 times, accruing 0.05 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back. Manning earned 0.06 Passing NEP per drop back (619 attempts) in 2016.
- Ravens' Kenneth Dixon to undergo meniscus surgery July 25th, 2017
- Rob Kelley projected to open year as Washington's starter July 23rd, 2017
- Bills' Sammy Watkins (foot) "close to 100 percent" July 22nd, 2017
- Anquan Boldin to meet with Bills Monday July 21st, 2017
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) may require season-ending surgery July 20th, 2017
- Cardinals and Chris Johnson agree to one-year deal July 20th, 2017
- Free agent Rashad Jennings expects to sign with team soon July 10th, 2017
- Giants' Brandon Marshall and Eli Manning doing off-field work July 8th, 2017
- Orleans Darkwa working with Giants' first-team offense June 14th, 2017
- Joe Mauer starting, batting second for Twins on Sunday June 11th, 2017
- Giants lining Evan Engram up everywhere in OTA's May 27th, 2017
- Giants' Odell Beckham not at OTAs on Thursday May 25th, 2017