Geno Smith comes to terms with Giants
The New York Giants have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Geno Smith, formerly of the New York Jets.
Smith will sign Monday, pending a physical. He may have had an opportunity to start with the Cleveland Browns, but has apparently decided to remain in New York as Eli Manning's backup. The 26-year-old quarterback is still recovering from tearing his ACL in Week 7 of last season, but Geno could theoretically be in line as Manning's eventual replacement when his contract runs out after 2018.
Over the last two years, Smith has dropped back just 62 times, accruing 0.05 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back. Manning earned 0.06 Passing NEP per drop back (619 attempts) in 2016.
- Bucs sign Vinny Curry to three-year deal March 17th, 2018
- Ravens not ruling out re-signing Mike Wallace March 17th, 2018
- Colts release defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins March 17th, 2018
- Free agent Terrelle Pryor visiting Seahawks on Sunday March 17th, 2018
- Cowboys to release cornerback Orlando Scandrick March 17th, 2018
- Patriots extend veteran safety Patrick Chung March 17th, 2018
- Cardinals releasing one-time Pro Bowler Tyrann Mathieu March 14th, 2018
- Giants sign veteran tackle Nate Solder for $62 million March 14th, 2018
- Jonathan Stewart reportedly signs with Giants March 13th, 2018
- Report: Giants asked Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to take 'significant' pay cut March 10th, 2018
- Giants acquire Alec Ogletree from Rams March 7th, 2018
- Odell Beckham says he will sit out Giants' preseason games February 25th, 2018