Geno Smith comes to terms with Giants
The New York Giants have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Geno Smith, formerly of the New York Jets.
Smith will sign Monday, pending a physical. He may have had an opportunity to start with the Cleveland Browns, but has apparently decided to remain in New York as Eli Manning's backup. The 26-year-old quarterback is still recovering from tearing his ACL in Week 7 of last season, but Geno could theoretically be in line as Manning's eventual replacement when his contract runs out after 2018.
Over the last two years, Smith has dropped back just 62 times, accruing 0.05 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back. Manning earned 0.06 Passing NEP per drop back (619 attempts) in 2016.
- Steelers may feature four wideouts in offense more often May 22nd, 2017
- Broncos confirm they'll use a committee at running back May 22nd, 2017
- Ameer Abdullah could see 'featured role' in Lions' offense May 22nd, 2017
- DeVante Parker continues to impress for Dolphins this offseason May 22nd, 2017
- Vance McDonald not a lock to make 49ers' final roster May 22nd, 2017
- Washington's Josh Doctson (Achilles) will be full-go for OTAs May 22nd, 2017
- Jets' Christian Hackenberg was wild even in practice last year May 21st, 2017
- Bryce Petty (shoulder) on track for Jets' OTAs May 15th, 2017
- Quincy Enunwa could be Jets' top receiving target in 2017 May 11th, 2017
- Bilal Powell expected to take over as Jets lead back May 8th, 2017
- Jets' Devin Smith to miss entire 2017 season with re-torn ACL April 30th, 2017
- Elijah McGuire joins Jets' committee with 188th overall April 30th, 2017