Geno Smith comes to terms with Giants
The New York Giants have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Geno Smith, formerly of the New York Jets.
Smith will sign Monday, pending a physical. He may have had an opportunity to start with the Cleveland Browns, but has apparently decided to remain in New York as Eli Manning's backup. The 26-year-old quarterback is still recovering from tearing his ACL in Week 7 of last season, but Geno could theoretically be in line as Manning's eventual replacement when his contract runs out after 2018.
Over the last two years, Smith has dropped back just 62 times, accruing 0.05 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back. Manning earned 0.06 Passing NEP per drop back (619 attempts) in 2016.
- Eagles' LeGarrette Blount projected for single-digit carries in NFC Championship January 17th, 2018
- Leonard Fournette (ankle) limited Wednesday for Jaguars January 17th, 2018
- Rex Burkhead (knee) limited for Patriots on Wednesday January 17th, 2018
- Patriots' Tom Brady (hand) limited at Wednesday's practice January 17th, 2018
- Corey Clement continues to have low-volume role in Eagles offense January 17th, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) doesn't practice for Vikings on Wednesday January 17th, 2018
- Eli Manning struggles in Giants' season finale December 31st, 2017
- Giants' Evan Engram (ribs) will sit out Week 17 against Washington December 29th, 2017
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (neck) to miss out on season finale December 29th, 2017
- Giants want Eli Manning to take 'every snap' Sunday December 28th, 2017
- Giants reportedly planning to move on from Eli Apple this offseason December 27th, 2017
- Giants suspend Eli Apple for regular season finale December 27th, 2017