Geno Smith comes to terms with Giants
The New York Giants have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Geno Smith, formerly of the New York Jets.
Smith will sign Monday, pending a physical. He may have had an opportunity to start with the Cleveland Browns, but has apparently decided to remain in New York as Eli Manning's backup. The 26-year-old quarterback is still recovering from tearing his ACL in Week 7 of last season, but Geno could theoretically be in line as Manning's eventual replacement when his contract runs out after 2018.
Over the last two years, Smith has dropped back just 62 times, accruing 0.05 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back. Manning earned 0.06 Passing NEP per drop back (619 attempts) in 2016.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Orleans Darkwa working with Giants' first-team offense June 14th, 2017
- Joe Mauer starting, batting second for Twins on Sunday June 11th, 2017
- Giants lining Evan Engram up everywhere in OTA's May 27th, 2017
- Giants' Odell Beckham not at OTAs on Thursday May 25th, 2017
- Odell Beckham expected to report for Giants' OTAs on Thursday May 23rd, 2017
- Joe Panik leading off as the Giants face the Cubs on Monday May 22nd, 2017