Geno Smith comes to terms with Giants
The New York Giants have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Geno Smith, formerly of the New York Jets.
Smith will sign Monday, pending a physical. He may have had an opportunity to start with the Cleveland Browns, but has apparently decided to remain in New York as Eli Manning's backup. The 26-year-old quarterback is still recovering from tearing his ACL in Week 7 of last season, but Geno could theoretically be in line as Manning's eventual replacement when his contract runs out after 2018.
Over the last two years, Smith has dropped back just 62 times, accruing 0.05 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back. Manning earned 0.06 Passing NEP per drop back (619 attempts) in 2016.
- Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders for late-round pick May 22nd, 2018
- Deshaun Watson (knee) throwing during Texans' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill (knee) to 'do everything' at Dolphins' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Curtis Samuel (ankle) participating in Panthers' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Odell Beckham (ankle) eager to do more at Giants' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Carson Wentz (knee) throwing during Eagles' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Chargers' Hunter Henry tears ACL, likely out for 2018 season May 22nd, 2018
- Chargers' Corey Liuget slapped with 4-game PED suspension March 23rd, 2018
- Chargers sign Roberto Aguayo in hopes of fixing kicking problems January 10th, 2018
- Antonio Gates' future uncertain with Chargers January 4th, 2018
- Chargers' Keenan Allen puts up 133 yards and a touchdown in Week 17 win January 1st, 2018
- Chargers' Philip Rivers finishes the 2017 season strong with 3 touchdowns December 31st, 2017