Geno Smith comes to terms with Giants
The New York Giants have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Geno Smith, formerly of the New York Jets.
Smith will sign Monday, pending a physical. He may have had an opportunity to start with the Cleveland Browns, but has apparently decided to remain in New York as Eli Manning's backup. The 26-year-old quarterback is still recovering from tearing his ACL in Week 7 of last season, but Geno could theoretically be in line as Manning's eventual replacement when his contract runs out after 2018.
Over the last two years, Smith has dropped back just 62 times, accruing 0.05 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back. Manning earned 0.06 Passing NEP per drop back (619 attempts) in 2016.
- Jaguars unlikely to pick up Blake Bortles's fifth-year option March 26th, 2017
- Browns will release or trade Josh Gordon if reinstated March 26th, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Packers sign Ricky Jean-Francois to a one-year deal March 23rd, 2017
- Quinton Patton joins Jets March 23rd, 2017
- Jets may give Christian Hackenberg some starts next season March 22nd, 2017
- Jets eyeing a quarterback in the first round March 21st, 2017
- Jets sign quarterback Josh McCown to a one-year deal March 20th, 2017
- Jets bringing in Chase Daniel for visit March 20th, 2017
- Josh McCown's visit with Jets went well March 19th, 2017