Geno Smith comes to terms with Giants
The New York Giants have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Geno Smith, formerly of the New York Jets.
Smith will sign Monday, pending a physical. He may have had an opportunity to start with the Cleveland Browns, but has apparently decided to remain in New York as Eli Manning's backup. The 26-year-old quarterback is still recovering from tearing his ACL in Week 7 of last season, but Geno could theoretically be in line as Manning's eventual replacement when his contract runs out after 2018.
Over the last two years, Smith has dropped back just 62 times, accruing 0.05 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back. Manning earned 0.06 Passing NEP per drop back (619 attempts) in 2016.
- Case Keenum solid in Vikings' win over the Rams in Week 11 November 19th, 2017
- Joe Mixon gets 22 touches in Bengals' Week 11 loss November 19th, 2017
- Rams' Jared Goff kept in check by stout Vikings defense on Sunday November 19th, 2017
- Derek Carr throws late TD pass to save Raiders from getting shutout in Week 11 November 19th, 2017
- Marshawn Lynch efficient in Raiders' Week 11 loss November 19th, 2017
- Tom Brady has big day as Patriots blow past Raiders November 19th, 2017
- Giants' Evan Engram a complete bust in Week 11 November 19th, 2017
- Orleans Darkwa scores his second touchdown of the year in Giants' OT win November 19th, 2017
- Sterling Shepard (migraines) ruled out for Giants in Week 11 versus Chiefs November 19th, 2017
- Sterling Shepard (migraine) uncertain for Sunday's Giants game November 19th, 2017
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (illness) added to Week 11 injury report November 18th, 2017
- Giants' Roger Lewis projected for quiet Week 11 November 17th, 2017