Geno Smith comes to terms with Giants
The New York Giants have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Geno Smith, formerly of the New York Jets.
Smith will sign Monday, pending a physical. He may have had an opportunity to start with the Cleveland Browns, but has apparently decided to remain in New York as Eli Manning's backup. The 26-year-old quarterback is still recovering from tearing his ACL in Week 7 of last season, but Geno could theoretically be in line as Manning's eventual replacement when his contract runs out after 2018.
Over the last two years, Smith has dropped back just 62 times, accruing 0.05 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back. Manning earned 0.06 Passing NEP per drop back (619 attempts) in 2016.
- Packers sign Jahri Evans to bolster offensive line April 26th, 2017
- 49ers' Arik Armstead underwent offseason shoulder surgery April 26th, 2017
- Washington satisfied with backfield, unimpressed with Matt Jones April 26th, 2017
- Sammie Coates isn't a lock to make Steelers' roster April 26th, 2017
- Raiders, Seahawks exchange 2018 picks in Marshawn Lynch deal April 26th, 2017
- Marshawn Lynch agrees to two-year deal with Raiders April 26th, 2017
- Sheldon Richardson attended Jets' voluntary workouts April 23rd, 2017
- Sheldon Richardson could be dealt as Jets blow things up April 7th, 2017
- Jets may part ways with Eric Decker before season April 7th, 2017
- Jalin Marshall's roster spot on Jets in question April 1st, 2017
- Quinton Patton joins Jets March 23rd, 2017
- Jets may give Christian Hackenberg some starts next season March 22nd, 2017