Patriots' Dont'a Hightower's physical scared Jets
The New York Jets pulled their offer to New England Patriots linebacker Dont'a Hightower due to concerns over his physical, per Albert Breer of Monday Morning Quarterback.
The Jets offered Hightower a five-year deal with a max value of $62.5 million, according to ESPN's Rich Cimini, but they must not have believed the 27-year-old could stay healthy. Coming off a huge performance in Super Bowl LI, Hightower has developed into one of the premier linebackers in the NFL. Pro Football Focus ranked him as the fifth-best inside linebacker out of 59 qualifiers in 2016.
The Patriots' defense ranked 11th in the league by opponent-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play last season. The Jets were 23rd.
- Bills trade up to take wideout Zay Jones 37th overall April 28th, 2017
- Packers start second round by taking cornerback Kevin King April 28th, 2017
- Jaguars move up one spot to select Cam Robinson at 34th Overall April 28th, 2017
- 49ers shopping Vance McDonald on Day 2 of draft April 28th, 2017
- Washington shopping Matt Jones for Day 3 pick April 28th, 2017
- Doug Martin's impressive spring encouraged Buccaneers to pass on running back April 28th, 2017
- Saints not ruling out Day 2 trade for Patriots' Malcolm Butler April 28th, 2017
- Patriots refused Browns' last-ditch attempt to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo April 28th, 2017
- Mike Gillislee to replace LeGarrette Blount in New England's backfield April 24th, 2017
- Mike Gillislee officially a Patriot after Bills fail to match April 24th, 2017
- Patriots will trade Malcolm Butler to Saints this week or not at all April 23rd, 2017
- Bills undecided on matching Patriots' offer to Mike Gillislee April 22nd, 2017