Patriots' Dont'a Hightower's physical scared Jets
The New York Jets pulled their offer to New England Patriots linebacker Dont'a Hightower due to concerns over his physical, per Albert Breer of Monday Morning Quarterback.
The Jets offered Hightower a five-year deal with a max value of $62.5 million, according to ESPN's Rich Cimini, but they must not have believed the 27-year-old could stay healthy. Coming off a huge performance in Super Bowl LI, Hightower has developed into one of the premier linebackers in the NFL. Pro Football Focus ranked him as the fifth-best inside linebacker out of 59 qualifiers in 2016.
The Patriots' defense ranked 11th in the league by opponent-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play last season. The Jets were 23rd.
- Tony Romo's options are either Texans or retirement March 27th, 2017
- Jaguars unlikely to pick up Blake Bortles's fifth-year option March 26th, 2017
- Browns will release or trade Josh Gordon if reinstated March 26th, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Patriots would prefer to keep Malcolm Butler March 27th, 2017
- Browns haven't given up on Patriots' Jimmy Garoppolo March 27th, 2017
- Patriots may be only landing spot for Darrelle Revis March 23rd, 2017
- Patriots, Saints setting table for Malcolm Butler trade March 21st, 2017
- Darrelle Revis' poor play due to weight gain March 20th, 2017
- Patriots' Bill Belichick told Darrelle Revis he won't pan out at safety March 20th, 2017