Patriots' Dont'a Hightower's physical scared Jets
The New York Jets pulled their offer to New England Patriots linebacker Dont'a Hightower due to concerns over his physical, per Albert Breer of Monday Morning Quarterback.
The Jets offered Hightower a five-year deal with a max value of $62.5 million, according to ESPN's Rich Cimini, but they must not have believed the 27-year-old could stay healthy. Coming off a huge performance in Super Bowl LI, Hightower has developed into one of the premier linebackers in the NFL. Pro Football Focus ranked him as the fifth-best inside linebacker out of 59 qualifiers in 2016.
The Patriots' defense ranked 11th in the league by opponent-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play last season. The Jets were 23rd.
- Zach Zenner has made progress in Lions' OTAs June 26th, 2017
- Dolphins' Jay Ajayi could near 2,000 all-purpose yards June 26th, 2017
- Panthers' Cam Newton throws for first time since March June 26th, 2017
- Zach Miller's roster spot with Bears in jeopardy June 26th, 2017
- Brian Quick on Washington's roster bubble June 25th, 2017
- Marvin Jones making big strides at Lions' OTAs June 25th, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Chris Hogan working as Patriots' third receiver June 16th, 2017
- Patriots' Brandin Cooks lining up everywhere at OTAs June 9th, 2017
- Patriots likely won't cut Dion Lewis May 28th, 2017
- Rob Gronkowski was a full participant at Patriots' OTAs May 27th, 2017
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski (back) cleared to return to practice May 25th, 2017