Patriots' Dont'a Hightower's physical scared Jets
The New York Jets pulled their offer to New England Patriots linebacker Dont'a Hightower due to concerns over his physical, per Albert Breer of Monday Morning Quarterback.
The Jets offered Hightower a five-year deal with a max value of $62.5 million, according to ESPN's Rich Cimini, but they must not have believed the 27-year-old could stay healthy. Coming off a huge performance in Super Bowl LI, Hightower has developed into one of the premier linebackers in the NFL. Pro Football Focus ranked him as the fifth-best inside linebacker out of 59 qualifiers in 2016.
The Patriots' defense ranked 11th in the league by opponent-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play last season. The Jets were 23rd.
- Cardinals' John Brown's sickle-cell trait still an issue August 16th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay working with Lions' first-team offense August 16th, 2017
- Broncos' Paxton Lynch earning more first-team reps August 16th, 2017
- Devonta Freeman (concussion) could return soon for Falcons August 16th, 2017
- Chargers' Jason Verrett (knee) cleared for team drills August 16th, 2017
- Brock Osweiler will start Browns' second preseason game August 16th, 2017
- Malcolm Mitchell (knee) limited to individual drills at Patriots' camp August 13th, 2017
- Dwayne Allen more comfortable in Patriots' offense August 13th, 2017
- Kony Ealy fighting for roster spot with Patriots August 10th, 2017
- Patriots' Brandin Cooks shining in joint practices August 9th, 2017
- Rex Burkhead seeing short-yardage reps in Patriots' backfield August 4th, 2017
- Andrew Hawkins retiring from the NFL July 25th, 2017