Patriots' Dont'a Hightower's physical scared Jets
The New York Jets pulled their offer to New England Patriots linebacker Dont'a Hightower due to concerns over his physical, per Albert Breer of Monday Morning Quarterback.
The Jets offered Hightower a five-year deal with a max value of $62.5 million, according to ESPN's Rich Cimini, but they must not have believed the 27-year-old could stay healthy. Coming off a huge performance in Super Bowl LI, Hightower has developed into one of the premier linebackers in the NFL. Pro Football Focus ranked him as the fifth-best inside linebacker out of 59 qualifiers in 2016.
The Patriots' defense ranked 11th in the league by opponent-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play last season. The Jets were 23rd.
- Elway: Broncos open to trading fifth overall pick April 19th, 2018
- Report: Giants releasing Brandon Marshall April 19th, 2018
- Dolphins expected to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year option April 19th, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell does not report to Steelers' offseason program April 19th, 2018
- Cowboys' Jason Witten confirms he'll return in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Bears confirm Jordan Howard will be the featured back in 2018 April 17th, 2018
- Report: Tom Brady not committed to playing for Patriots in 2018 April 18th, 2018
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski will not attend start of Patriots' offseason program April 15th, 2018
- Report: Patriots 'team most interested' in Lamar Jackson April 12th, 2018
- Patriots ship Brandin Cooks to the Rams for a 2018 first-round pick April 3rd, 2018
- Martellus Bennett announces his retirement from the NFL March 23rd, 2018
- Patriots acquire Cordarrelle Patterson from Raiders March 18th, 2018