Eagles looking at running backs in first round
The Philadelphia Eagles are hosting projected first-round picks, Louisiana State University running back Leonard Fournette and Florida State University running back Dalvin Cook, on Friday.
The Eagles' backfield currently consists of oft-injured Ryan Mathews, 2016 fifth-round pick Wendell Smallwood and 34-year-old (in June) ancillary back Darren Sproles, so investing the 14th overall pick in the position wouldn't be a bad idea. Fournette is projected to go somewhere in the top-10, but Cook's stock has dropped a bit after an underwhelming Combine performance.
Philadelphia's backfield finished 12th in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Marshawn Lynch may be kept under 200 carries in Oakland July 25th, 2017
- Andrew Hawkins retiring from the NFL July 25th, 2017
- Carlos Hyde might not be on 49ers' roster past training camp July 25th, 2017
- Ravens' Kenneth Dixon to undergo meniscus surgery July 25th, 2017
- Rob Kelley projected to open year as Washington's starter July 23rd, 2017
- Bills' Sammy Watkins (foot) "close to 100 percent" July 22nd, 2017
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery working with Carson Wentz in North Dakota July 10th, 2017
- Eagles will save money by waiting to cut Ryan Mathews (neck) July 6th, 2017
- Eagles are high on fourth-round rookie Mack Hollins July 3rd, 2017
- Ryan Mathews and LeGarrette Blount to split Eagles' early-down work July 1st, 2017
- Eagles release Dorial Green-Beckham June 30th, 2017
- Eagles' Jordan Matthews expects to be ready for training camp June 15th, 2017