Eagles looking at running backs in first round
The Philadelphia Eagles are hosting projected first-round picks, Louisiana State University running back Leonard Fournette and Florida State University running back Dalvin Cook, on Friday.
The Eagles' backfield currently consists of oft-injured Ryan Mathews, 2016 fifth-round pick Wendell Smallwood and 34-year-old (in June) ancillary back Darren Sproles, so investing the 14th overall pick in the position wouldn't be a bad idea. Fournette is projected to go somewhere in the top-10, but Cook's stock has dropped a bit after an underwhelming Combine performance.
Philadelphia's backfield finished 12th in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Steelers may feature four wideouts in offense more often May 22nd, 2017
- Broncos confirm they'll use a committee at running back May 22nd, 2017
- Ameer Abdullah could see 'featured role' in Lions' offense May 22nd, 2017
- DeVante Parker continues to impress for Dolphins this offseason May 22nd, 2017
- Vance McDonald not a lock to make 49ers' final roster May 22nd, 2017
- Washington's Josh Doctson (Achilles) will be full-go for OTAs May 22nd, 2017
- Ryan Mathews (neck) likely out in Philadelphia May 17th, 2017
- Eagles add LeGarrette Blount to backfield on one-year contract May 17th, 2017
- Corey Clement has legitimate shot to make Eagles' roster May 13th, 2017
- Eagles won't rush Sidney Jones (Achilles') to field May 13th, 2017
- Eagles unlikely to trade for Saints' Mark Ingram May 10th, 2017
- Brandon Graham skipping Eagles' workouts and OTAs May 10th, 2017