Eagles looking at running backs in first round
The Philadelphia Eagles are hosting projected first-round picks, Louisiana State University running back Leonard Fournette and Florida State University running back Dalvin Cook, on Friday.
The Eagles' backfield currently consists of oft-injured Ryan Mathews, 2016 fifth-round pick Wendell Smallwood and 34-year-old (in June) ancillary back Darren Sproles, so investing the 14th overall pick in the position wouldn't be a bad idea. Fournette is projected to go somewhere in the top-10, but Cook's stock has dropped a bit after an underwhelming Combine performance.
Philadelphia's backfield finished 12th in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Washington's Kirk Cousins lights up the Raiders on Sunday night September 24th, 2017
- Chris Thompson racks up 188 total yards in Washington's win September 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart totals 61 yards as Panthers' offense struggles September 24th, 2017
- Robby Anderson goes for 95 yards and a touchdown as Jets win September 24th, 2017
- Christian McCaffrey leads the Panthers in receiving on Sunday September 24th, 2017
- DeVante Parker scores a garbage time touchdown in Dolphins' Week 3 loss September 24th, 2017
- LeGarrette Blount reaches the end zone as Eagles win late September 24th, 2017
- Alshon Jeffery notches just four receptions in Eagles' win over the Giants September 24th, 2017
- Darren Sproles (wrist) will not return for Eagles in Week 3 September 24th, 2017
- Nelson Agholor continues to play as Eagles' number-three wideout September 21st, 2017
- Eagles' Carson Wentz loves when Darren Sproles is in the backfield September 19th, 2017
- Zach Ertz frustrated with Eagles' Week 2 play calling September 19th, 2017