Eagles looking at running backs in first round
The Philadelphia Eagles are hosting projected first-round picks, Louisiana State University running back Leonard Fournette and Florida State University running back Dalvin Cook, on Friday.
The Eagles' backfield currently consists of oft-injured Ryan Mathews, 2016 fifth-round pick Wendell Smallwood and 34-year-old (in June) ancillary back Darren Sproles, so investing the 14th overall pick in the position wouldn't be a bad idea. Fournette is projected to go somewhere in the top-10, but Cook's stock has dropped a bit after an underwhelming Combine performance.
Philadelphia's backfield finished 12th in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Chargers' Hunter Henry tears ACL, likely out for 2018 season May 22nd, 2018
- Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders for late-round pick May 22nd, 2018
- Deshaun Watson (knee) throwing during Texans' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill (knee) to 'do everything' at Dolphins' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Curtis Samuel (ankle) participating in Panthers' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Odell Beckham (ankle) eager to do more at Giants' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Carson Wentz (knee) throwing during Eagles' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Eagles sign second-rounder Dallas Goedert to four-year deal May 10th, 2018
- Carson Wentz aiming to be ready for Eagles by Week 1 May 7th, 2018
- Eagles' Timmy Jernigan (back) expected to miss 4-6 months, questionable for Week 1 May 3rd, 2018
- Philadelphia Eagles trade up to select TE Dallas Goedert in the second round April 27th, 2018
- Ravens trade back into first-round to draft QB Lamar Jackson with 32nd pick April 27th, 2018