Eagles looking at running backs in first round
The Philadelphia Eagles are hosting projected first-round picks, Louisiana State University running back Leonard Fournette and Florida State University running back Dalvin Cook, on Friday.
The Eagles' backfield currently consists of oft-injured Ryan Mathews, 2016 fifth-round pick Wendell Smallwood and 34-year-old (in June) ancillary back Darren Sproles, so investing the 14th overall pick in the position wouldn't be a bad idea. Fournette is projected to go somewhere in the top-10, but Cook's stock has dropped a bit after an underwhelming Combine performance.
Philadelphia's backfield finished 12th in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Bucs sign Vinny Curry to three-year deal March 17th, 2018
- Ravens not ruling out re-signing Mike Wallace March 17th, 2018
- Colts release defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins March 17th, 2018
- Free agent Terrelle Pryor visiting Seahawks on Sunday March 17th, 2018
- Cowboys to release cornerback Orlando Scandrick March 17th, 2018
- Patriots extend veteran safety Patrick Chung March 17th, 2018
- Eagles re-sign Nigel Bradham to five-year contract March 14th, 2018
- Panthers acquire Torrey Smith, send cornerback Daryl Worley to Eagles March 9th, 2018
- Report: Seahawks trading Michael Bennett to Eagles March 7th, 2018
- Eagles' Brent Celek confirms plan to return in 2018 March 6th, 2018
- Eagles' Trey Burton 'expected to leave' in free agency March 3rd, 2018
- Torrey Smith 'expecting to be back' with Eagles in 2018 February 24th, 2018