Eagles looking at running backs in first round
The Philadelphia Eagles are hosting projected first-round picks, Louisiana State University running back Leonard Fournette and Florida State University running back Dalvin Cook, on Friday.
The Eagles' backfield currently consists of oft-injured Ryan Mathews, 2016 fifth-round pick Wendell Smallwood and 34-year-old (in June) ancillary back Darren Sproles, so investing the 14th overall pick in the position wouldn't be a bad idea. Fournette is projected to go somewhere in the top-10, but Cook's stock has dropped a bit after an underwhelming Combine performance.
Philadelphia's backfield finished 12th in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Case Keenum solid in Vikings' win over the Rams in Week 11 November 19th, 2017
- Rams' Jared Goff kept in check by stout Vikings defense on Sunday November 19th, 2017
- Derek Carr throws late TD pass to save Raiders from getting shutout in Week 11 November 19th, 2017
- Marshawn Lynch efficient in Raiders' Week 11 loss November 19th, 2017
- Tom Brady has big day as Patriots blow past Raiders November 19th, 2017
- James White quiet as Patriots win in Mexico City November 19th, 2017
- Alshon Jeffrey (ankle) is active for the Eagles on Sunday night November 19th, 2017
- Alshon Jeffery expected to play Week 11 for Eagles November 19th, 2017
- Eagles' Jake Elliott projected as top-3 kicking option in Week 11 November 18th, 2017
- Eagles' Zach Ertz (hamstring) not listed on final injury report for Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Torrey Smith not much of a factor in Eagles offense November 17th, 2017
- Alshon Jeffery dealing with 'lingering' ankle issue, expected to play for Eagles in Week 11 November 17th, 2017