Eagles looking at running backs in first round
The Philadelphia Eagles are hosting projected first-round picks, Louisiana State University running back Leonard Fournette and Florida State University running back Dalvin Cook, on Friday.
The Eagles' backfield currently consists of oft-injured Ryan Mathews, 2016 fifth-round pick Wendell Smallwood and 34-year-old (in June) ancillary back Darren Sproles, so investing the 14th overall pick in the position wouldn't be a bad idea. Fournette is projected to go somewhere in the top-10, but Cook's stock has dropped a bit after an underwhelming Combine performance.
Philadelphia's backfield finished 12th in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Chad Williams will open 2017 season as Cardinals' fifth receiver June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Eagles' Jordan Matthews expects to be ready for training camp June 15th, 2017
- Eagles extend Jason Peters through 2019 June 14th, 2017
- Alshon Jeffery standing out at Eagles OTAs June 12th, 2017
- Eagles' Torrey Smith projected for productive year May 28th, 2017
- Carson Wentz showing improved mechanics in Eagles' OTAs May 27th, 2017
- Nelson Agholor working to keep up with Eagles' competition May 27th, 2017