Eagles looking at running backs in first round
The Philadelphia Eagles are hosting projected first-round picks, Louisiana State University running back Leonard Fournette and Florida State University running back Dalvin Cook, on Friday.
The Eagles' backfield currently consists of oft-injured Ryan Mathews, 2016 fifth-round pick Wendell Smallwood and 34-year-old (in June) ancillary back Darren Sproles, so investing the 14th overall pick in the position wouldn't be a bad idea. Fournette is projected to go somewhere in the top-10, but Cook's stock has dropped a bit after an underwhelming Combine performance.
Philadelphia's backfield finished 12th in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Leonard Fournette (ankle) limited Wednesday for Jaguars January 17th, 2018
- Rex Burkhead (knee) limited for Patriots on Wednesday January 17th, 2018
- Patriots' Tom Brady (hand) limited at Wednesday's practice January 17th, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) doesn't practice for Vikings on Wednesday January 17th, 2018
- Jaguars' Marcedes Lewis unlikely to move the needle this weekend January 17th, 2018
- Vikings' Kyle Rudolph will look to have bigger impact in NFC Championship January 17th, 2018
- Eagles' LeGarrette Blount projected for single-digit carries in NFC Championship January 17th, 2018
- Corey Clement continues to have low-volume role in Eagles offense January 17th, 2018
- Eagles' Trey Burton not expected to play a big role on Sunday January 17th, 2018
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery will look to continue success versus Vikings on Sunday January 17th, 2018
- Eagles' Zach Ertz will look to rebound in NFC Championship January 17th, 2018
- Eagles' Jay Ajayi projected for 67 total yards against Vikings Sunday January 16th, 2018