Deshawn Shead (ACL) returning to Seahawks next season
Seattle Seahawks defensive back Deshawn Shead was re-signed to a one-year contract.
Aside from a visit with the Buffalo Bills, Shead didn't receive much interest on the open market. He'll return to the only NFL home he's ever known for a fourth consecutive season, but Shead is unlikely to be ready for Week 1 after tearing his left ACL in the first round of the playoffs.
The Seahawks' secondary ranked just 15th last season in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play, but that had a lot to do with injuries at safety.
- Raiders' Marshawn Lynch suspended one game for unsportsmanlike conduct October 20th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) will play in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Packers place Aaron Rodgers (broken collarbone) on injured reserve October 20th, 2017
- Willie Snead (hamstring) is questionable for Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (shoulder) misses Friday's practice and is listed as questionable October 20th, 2017
- Washington's Rob Kelley (ankle) is expected to start in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Eddie Lacy will remain part of timeshare in Seahawks backfield October 19th, 2017
- Seahawks' Tyler Lockett mentally recovered from 2016 leg injury October 19th, 2017
- C.J. Prosise (ankle) gets in full practice on Thursday for Seahawks October 19th, 2017
- Seahawks' Thomas Rawls not expected to light it up in Week 7 October 19th, 2017
- Seahawks' Doug Baldwin projects as a top-15 wide receiver in Week 7 October 18th, 2017
- Seahawks' Luke Joeckel (knee) out 4-to-5 weeks following surgery October 17th, 2017