Deshawn Shead (ACL) returning to Seahawks next season
Seattle Seahawks defensive back Deshawn Shead was re-signed to a one-year contract.
Aside from a visit with the Buffalo Bills, Shead didn't receive much interest on the open market. He'll return to the only NFL home he's ever known for a fourth consecutive season, but Shead is unlikely to be ready for Week 1 after tearing his left ACL in the first round of the playoffs.
The Seahawks' secondary ranked just 15th last season in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play, but that had a lot to do with injuries at safety.
- Texans' Deshaun Watson still needs time to develop June 24th, 2017
- Jets' Matt Forte expected to be workhorse in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Seahawks' Eddie Lacy makes June weigh-in goal June 12th, 2017
- Thomas Rawls looking motivated and active at Seahawks' OTAs June 9th, 2017
- Seahawks say Russell Wilson 'looks great moving around' June 1st, 2017
- Colin Kaepernick to Seattle still not imminent May 30th, 2017
- C.J. Prosise could see 60 catches out of Seattle's backfield May 29th, 2017
- Seahawks to give C.J. Prosise 'big role' if he's healthy May 23rd, 2017