Raiders may lure Marshawn Lynch out of retirement
The Oakland Raiders are seriously considering luring running back Marshawn Lynch out of retirement, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.
It's important to note that the Seattle Seahawks still own Lynch's rights, meaning they would need to trade or release him before he can join another team, but one source told Schefter, "it could really happen." Lynch played college ball at nearby Cal-Berkeley and grew up in Oakland, where he is cherished and viewed as of the most beloved members of the community. He does turn 31 next month, but Lynch is still over a younger than free agent Adrian Peterson, who has also been connected to the Raiders in recent days.
Among the 44 backs with at least 100 carries in 2015, Lynch ranked 28th in Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt. His 9,112 rushing yards across nine NFL seasons currently ranks 37th all-time.
- Seattle's Pete Carroll: Mike Davis 'ran very well' against Jaguars December 12th, 2017
- Cowboys' Jason Witten in plus matchup against the Raiders in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Saints' Wil Lutz is the top projected kicker in Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Falcons' Devonta Freeman could see more touches if Tevin Coleman (concussion) sits Week 15 December 12th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster projected for a bounce back in return from suspension December 12th, 2017
- Chargers' Hunter Henry averaging 6.3 targets over last four games December 12th, 2017
- Jared Cook catches garbage-time touchdown as Raiders fall to Chiefs December 10th, 2017
- Michael Crabtree sees season-high 13 targets in Raiders' Week 14 loss December 10th, 2017
- Derek Carr struggles mightily as Raiders' get blown out in Week 14 December 10th, 2017
- Marshawn Lynch reaches the end zone in quiet day for Oakland December 10th, 2017
- Raiders' Amari Cooper (ankle) leaves game, questionable to return December 10th, 2017
- Amari Cooper (ankle) is active Sunday for Oakland December 10th, 2017