Free agent Jamaal Charles leaves Seahawks without contract
Free agent running back Jamaal Charles has left his Seattle Seahawks visit without a contract.
The Seahawks surprisingly still hosted Charles even after signing Eddie Lacy. The Seahawks were burned badly by their young and injury-ravaged backfield last season, but 2016 rookie C.J. Prosise showed enough to get a second chance as the team's third-down back, the role Charles is probably best suited for at this stage. ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports the ex-Chief has lined up another visit.
Charles has attempted just 83 rushing attempts over the last two years, but has earned 0.08 Rushing NEP per carry over that span of time. That would have been top-10 in the NFL last season among the 54 backs with 80 or more carries.
- Bucs sign Vinny Curry to three-year deal March 17th, 2018
- Ravens not ruling out re-signing Mike Wallace March 17th, 2018
- Colts release defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins March 17th, 2018
- Free agent Terrelle Pryor visiting Seahawks on Sunday March 17th, 2018
- Cowboys to release cornerback Orlando Scandrick March 17th, 2018
- Patriots extend veteran safety Patrick Chung March 17th, 2018
- Rapoport: Vikings acquire Trevor Siemian from Broncos to be Kirk Cousins' backup March 14th, 2018
- Todd Davis reportedly signs 3-year deal to stay in Denver March 14th, 2018
- Case Keenum, Broncos reportedly agree to 2-year, $36 million deal March 13th, 2018
- Rams acquire Aqib Talib from Broncos for fifth-rounder March 8th, 2018
- Paxton Lynch expected to remain with Broncos for 2018 season March 6th, 2018
- Broncos expected to make Trevor Siemian available via trade February 21st, 2018