Free agent Jamaal Charles leaves Seahawks without contract
Free agent running back Jamaal Charles has left his Seattle Seahawks visit without a contract.
The Seahawks surprisingly still hosted Charles even after signing Eddie Lacy. The Seahawks were burned badly by their young and injury-ravaged backfield last season, but 2016 rookie C.J. Prosise showed enough to get a second chance as the team's third-down back, the role Charles is probably best suited for at this stage. ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports the ex-Chief has lined up another visit.
Charles has attempted just 83 rushing attempts over the last two years, but has earned 0.08 Rushing NEP per carry over that span of time. That would have been top-10 in the NFL last season among the 54 backs with 80 or more carries.
- Jaguars unlikely to pick up Blake Bortles's fifth-year option March 26th, 2017
- Browns will release or trade Josh Gordon if reinstated March 26th, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Packers sign Ricky Jean-Francois to a one-year deal March 23rd, 2017
- Free agent Dontari Poe leaves Dolphins without contract March 15th, 2017
- Free agent Dontari Poe is in demand from Colts and Dolphins March 11th, 2017
- Chiefs won't make a play for Cowboys' Tony Romo March 8th, 2017
- Dontari Poe expected to leave Chiefs, seek $10 million per year March 7th, 2017
- Travis Kelce (shoulder surgery) will be ready for Chiefs training camp March 1st, 2017
- Chiefs don't intend to use franchise tag on Dontari Poe March 1st, 2017