Free agent Jamaal Charles leaves Seahawks without contract
Free agent running back Jamaal Charles has left his Seattle Seahawks visit without a contract.
The Seahawks surprisingly still hosted Charles even after signing Eddie Lacy. The Seahawks were burned badly by their young and injury-ravaged backfield last season, but 2016 rookie C.J. Prosise showed enough to get a second chance as the team's third-down back, the role Charles is probably best suited for at this stage. ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports the ex-Chief has lined up another visit.
Charles has attempted just 83 rushing attempts over the last two years, but has earned 0.08 Rushing NEP per carry over that span of time. That would have been top-10 in the NFL last season among the 54 backs with 80 or more carries.
- Packers sign Jahri Evans to bolster offensive line April 26th, 2017
- 49ers' Arik Armstead underwent offseason shoulder surgery April 26th, 2017
- Washington satisfied with backfield, unimpressed with Matt Jones April 26th, 2017
- Sammie Coates isn't a lock to make Steelers' roster April 26th, 2017
- Raiders, Seahawks exchange 2018 picks in Marshawn Lynch deal April 26th, 2017
- Marshawn Lynch agrees to two-year deal with Raiders April 26th, 2017
- Chiefs sign Gavin Escobar as tight end depth April 1st, 2017
- Tyreek Hill to be more involved in Chiefs' offense next season March 30th, 2017
- Free agent Dontari Poe leaves Dolphins without contract March 15th, 2017
- Free agent Dontari Poe is in demand from Colts and Dolphins March 11th, 2017
- Chiefs won't make a play for Cowboys' Tony Romo March 8th, 2017
- Dontari Poe expected to leave Chiefs, seek $10 million per year March 7th, 2017