Free agent Jamaal Charles leaves Seahawks without contract
Free agent running back Jamaal Charles has left his Seattle Seahawks visit without a contract.
The Seahawks surprisingly still hosted Charles even after signing Eddie Lacy. The Seahawks were burned badly by their young and injury-ravaged backfield last season, but 2016 rookie C.J. Prosise showed enough to get a second chance as the team's third-down back, the role Charles is probably best suited for at this stage. ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports the ex-Chief has lined up another visit.
Charles has attempted just 83 rushing attempts over the last two years, but has earned 0.08 Rushing NEP per carry over that span of time. That would have been top-10 in the NFL last season among the 54 backs with 80 or more carries.
- Marshawn Lynch may be kept under 200 carries in Oakland July 25th, 2017
- Andrew Hawkins retiring from the NFL July 25th, 2017
- Carlos Hyde might not be on 49ers' roster past training camp July 25th, 2017
- Ravens' Kenneth Dixon to undergo meniscus surgery July 25th, 2017
- Rob Kelley projected to open year as Washington's starter July 23rd, 2017
- Bills' Sammy Watkins (foot) "close to 100 percent" July 22nd, 2017
- Broncos' Demaryius Thomas fully recovered from 2016 hip issue July 10th, 2017
- Demaryius Thomas wants Broncos to pick quarterback soon July 8th, 2017
- Broncos' Jamaal Charles back at full speed and cutting June 29th, 2017
- Broncos confirm they'll use a committee at running back May 22nd, 2017
- Trevor Siemian should beat out Paxton Lynch for Broncos' starting gig May 21st, 2017
- Broncos' comments imply Trevor Siemian has lead on Paxton Lynch May 18th, 2017