Free agent Jamaal Charles leaves Seahawks without contract
Free agent running back Jamaal Charles has left his Seattle Seahawks visit without a contract.
The Seahawks surprisingly still hosted Charles even after signing Eddie Lacy. The Seahawks were burned badly by their young and injury-ravaged backfield last season, but 2016 rookie C.J. Prosise showed enough to get a second chance as the team's third-down back, the role Charles is probably best suited for at this stage. ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports the ex-Chief has lined up another visit.
Charles has attempted just 83 rushing attempts over the last two years, but has earned 0.08 Rushing NEP per carry over that span of time. That would have been top-10 in the NFL last season among the 54 backs with 80 or more carries.
- Washington's Kirk Cousins lights up the Raiders on Sunday night September 24th, 2017
- Chris Thompson racks up 188 total yards in Washington's win September 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart totals 61 yards as Panthers' offense struggles September 24th, 2017
- Robby Anderson goes for 95 yards and a touchdown as Jets win September 24th, 2017
- Christian McCaffrey leads the Panthers in receiving on Sunday September 24th, 2017
- DeVante Parker scores a garbage time touchdown in Dolphins' Week 3 loss September 24th, 2017
- C.J. Anderson disappears in Broncos' loss to the Bills September 24th, 2017
- Demaryius Thomas (hamstring) ready to go for Broncos on Sunday September 22nd, 2017
- Broncos' C.J. Anderson a top-10 running back for Week 3 September 20th, 2017
- Trevor Siemian turning Broncos into believers September 19th, 2017
- Broncos' Garett Bolles (leg) week-to-week with a bone bruise September 18th, 2017
- Demaryius Thomas leads the Broncos in receiving in Week 2 September 17th, 2017