Free agent Jamaal Charles leaves Seahawks without contract
Free agent running back Jamaal Charles has left his Seattle Seahawks visit without a contract.
The Seahawks surprisingly still hosted Charles even after signing Eddie Lacy. The Seahawks were burned badly by their young and injury-ravaged backfield last season, but 2016 rookie C.J. Prosise showed enough to get a second chance as the team's third-down back, the role Charles is probably best suited for at this stage. ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports the ex-Chief has lined up another visit.
Charles has attempted just 83 rushing attempts over the last two years, but has earned 0.08 Rushing NEP per carry over that span of time. That would have been top-10 in the NFL last season among the 54 backs with 80 or more carries.
- Eagles' LeGarrette Blount projected for single-digit carries in NFC Championship January 17th, 2018
- Leonard Fournette (ankle) limited Wednesday for Jaguars January 17th, 2018
- Rex Burkhead (knee) limited for Patriots on Wednesday January 17th, 2018
- Patriots' Tom Brady (hand) limited at Wednesday's practice January 17th, 2018
- Corey Clement continues to have low-volume role in Eagles offense January 17th, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back) doesn't practice for Vikings on Wednesday January 17th, 2018
- Broncos' Aqib Talib says he could be released this offseason January 3rd, 2018
- Broncos' Trevor Siemian (shoulder) to undergo surgery on Wednesday January 2nd, 2018
- Vance Joseph will remain Broncos' head coach in 2018 January 1st, 2018
- Broncos' Emmanuel Sanders (ankle) ruled out for Week 17 December 29th, 2017
- Emmanuel Sanders (ankle) not at Broncos practice on Wednesday December 27th, 2017
- Broncos' Emmanuel Sanders (ankle) is day-to-day December 26th, 2017