Free agent Jamaal Charles leaves Seahawks without contract
Free agent running back Jamaal Charles has left his Seattle Seahawks visit without a contract.
The Seahawks surprisingly still hosted Charles even after signing Eddie Lacy. The Seahawks were burned badly by their young and injury-ravaged backfield last season, but 2016 rookie C.J. Prosise showed enough to get a second chance as the team's third-down back, the role Charles is probably best suited for at this stage. ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports the ex-Chief has lined up another visit.
Charles has attempted just 83 rushing attempts over the last two years, but has earned 0.08 Rushing NEP per carry over that span of time. That would have been top-10 in the NFL last season among the 54 backs with 80 or more carries.
- Rams' Jared Goff kept in check by stout Vikings defense on Sunday November 19th, 2017
- Derek Carr throws late TD pass to save Raiders from getting shutout in Week 11 November 19th, 2017
- Marshawn Lynch efficient in Raiders' Week 11 loss November 19th, 2017
- Tom Brady has big day as Patriots blow past Raiders November 19th, 2017
- James White quiet as Patriots win in Mexico City November 19th, 2017
- Michael Crabtree finishes as Raiders' top receiver in Week 11 November 19th, 2017
- Trevor Siemian likely to be inactive for Broncos in Week 11 November 19th, 2017
- A.J. Derby (shoulder) ruled out for Week 11 by Denver November 17th, 2017
- Virgil Green set to see an increased role for Broncos in Week 11 November 17th, 2017
- Paxton Lynch promoted to second on Broncos' depth chart November 15th, 2017
- Demaryius Thomas (knee) limited for Broncos on Wednesday November 15th, 2017
- Paxton Lynch (shoulder) is healthy enough to play for Broncos November 15th, 2017