Free agent Jamaal Charles leaves Seahawks without contract
Free agent running back Jamaal Charles has left his Seattle Seahawks visit without a contract.
The Seahawks surprisingly still hosted Charles even after signing Eddie Lacy. The Seahawks were burned badly by their young and injury-ravaged backfield last season, but 2016 rookie C.J. Prosise showed enough to get a second chance as the team's third-down back, the role Charles is probably best suited for at this stage. ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports the ex-Chief has lined up another visit.
Charles has attempted just 83 rushing attempts over the last two years, but has earned 0.08 Rushing NEP per carry over that span of time. That would have been top-10 in the NFL last season among the 54 backs with 80 or more carries.
- Steelers may feature four wideouts in offense more often May 22nd, 2017
- Broncos confirm they'll use a committee at running back May 22nd, 2017
- Ameer Abdullah could see 'featured role' in Lions' offense May 22nd, 2017
- DeVante Parker continues to impress for Dolphins this offseason May 22nd, 2017
- Vance McDonald not a lock to make 49ers' final roster May 22nd, 2017
- Washington's Josh Doctson (Achilles) will be full-go for OTAs May 22nd, 2017
- Chiefs' Kareem Hunt could overtake Spencer Ware as a rookie May 20th, 2017
- Spencer Ware still expected to lead Chiefs' backfield May 9th, 2017
- Chiefs trade up to select Jehu Chesson April 30th, 2017
- Kareem Hunt seizes Chiefs' backfield at 86th overall April 29th, 2017
- Alex Smith still starting for Chiefs in 2017 April 28th, 2017
- Kansas City moves up to the 10th spot to take Patrick Mahomes April 27th, 2017