Seahawks open to trading Richard Sherman
The Seattle Seahawks are "open" to trading cornerback Richard Sherman, The Ringer's Michael Lombardi reports.
"I hear Seattle really would be open to moving Richard Sherman if the offer was serious," were Lombardi's exact words. It's the first we've heard of the possibility, though Sherman is coming off a season marred by an ankle injury and clashes with coaches. Sherman is due a combined $22.431 million over the next two seasons and turns 29 this year. The price tag makes it extremely unlikely he's playing anywhere other than Seattle come Week 1.
The Seahawks' secondary ranked just 15th last season in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play.
- Raiders' Marshawn Lynch suspended one game for unsportsmanlike conduct October 20th, 2017
- Patriots' Chris Hogan (ribs) will play in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Packers place Aaron Rodgers (broken collarbone) on injured reserve October 20th, 2017
- Willie Snead (hamstring) is questionable for Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (shoulder) misses Friday's practice and is listed as questionable October 20th, 2017
- Washington's Rob Kelley (ankle) is expected to start in Week 7 October 20th, 2017
- Eddie Lacy will remain part of timeshare in Seahawks backfield October 19th, 2017
- Seahawks' Tyler Lockett mentally recovered from 2016 leg injury October 19th, 2017
- C.J. Prosise (ankle) gets in full practice on Thursday for Seahawks October 19th, 2017
- Seahawks' Thomas Rawls not expected to light it up in Week 7 October 19th, 2017
- Seahawks' Doug Baldwin projects as a top-15 wide receiver in Week 7 October 18th, 2017
- Seahawks' Luke Joeckel (knee) out 4-to-5 weeks following surgery October 17th, 2017