Seahawks open to trading Richard Sherman
The Seattle Seahawks are "open" to trading cornerback Richard Sherman, The Ringer's Michael Lombardi reports.
"I hear Seattle really would be open to moving Richard Sherman if the offer was serious," were Lombardi's exact words. It's the first we've heard of the possibility, though Sherman is coming off a season marred by an ankle injury and clashes with coaches. Sherman is due a combined $22.431 million over the next two seasons and turns 29 this year. The price tag makes it extremely unlikely he's playing anywhere other than Seattle come Week 1.
The Seahawks' secondary ranked just 15th last season in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play.
- Texans' Deshaun Watson still needs time to develop June 24th, 2017
- Jets' Matt Forte expected to be workhorse in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017
- Jesse James working on red zone drills with Steelers June 21st, 2017
- Raiders, Derek Carr finalizing long-term extension June 21st, 2017
- Todd Gurley working well with Rams' offensive line June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Seahawks' Eddie Lacy makes June weigh-in goal June 12th, 2017
- Thomas Rawls looking motivated and active at Seahawks' OTAs June 9th, 2017
- Seahawks say Russell Wilson 'looks great moving around' June 1st, 2017
- Colin Kaepernick to Seattle still not imminent May 30th, 2017
- C.J. Prosise could see 60 catches out of Seattle's backfield May 29th, 2017
- Seahawks to give C.J. Prosise 'big role' if he's healthy May 23rd, 2017