Seahawks open to trading Richard Sherman
The Seattle Seahawks are "open" to trading cornerback Richard Sherman, The Ringer's Michael Lombardi reports.
"I hear Seattle really would be open to moving Richard Sherman if the offer was serious," were Lombardi's exact words. It's the first we've heard of the possibility, though Sherman is coming off a season marred by an ankle injury and clashes with coaches. Sherman is due a combined $22.431 million over the next two seasons and turns 29 this year. The price tag makes it extremely unlikely he's playing anywhere other than Seattle come Week 1.
The Seahawks' secondary ranked just 15th last season in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play.
- Jaguars unlikely to pick up Blake Bortles's fifth-year option March 26th, 2017
- Browns will release or trade Josh Gordon if reinstated March 26th, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Packers sign Ricky Jean-Francois to a one-year deal March 23rd, 2017
- Bradley McDougald signs with Seahawks March 22nd, 2017
- Marshawn Lynch will only un-retire to play for Raiders March 20th, 2017
- Seahawks will be forced to cut Marshawn Lynch if he returns from retirement March 18th, 2017
- Seahawks believe Tyler Lockett (broken leg) is ahead of schedule March 18th, 2017
- Deshawn Shead (ACL) returning to Seahawks next season March 17th, 2017
- Free agent Jamaal Charles leaves Seahawks without contract March 16th, 2017