Seahawks open to trading Richard Sherman
The Seattle Seahawks are "open" to trading cornerback Richard Sherman, The Ringer's Michael Lombardi reports.
"I hear Seattle really would be open to moving Richard Sherman if the offer was serious," were Lombardi's exact words. It's the first we've heard of the possibility, though Sherman is coming off a season marred by an ankle injury and clashes with coaches. Sherman is due a combined $22.431 million over the next two seasons and turns 29 this year. The price tag makes it extremely unlikely he's playing anywhere other than Seattle come Week 1.
The Seahawks' secondary ranked just 15th last season in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play.
- Giants' left tackle Ereck Flowers having rough camp August 17th, 2017
- Bears' Mitchell Trubisky knows he has work to do August 17th, 2017
- Josh Doctson (hamstring) returned to Redskins practice on Wednesday August 17th, 2017
- Rams' Tavon Austin expected to have role similar to last season's August 17th, 2017
- John Brown's (quad, sickle-cell) future with Cardinals in doubt August 17th, 2017
- Deshaun Watson gaining confidence running Texans' offense August 17th, 2017
- Paul Richardson (shoulder) back at practice Wednesday for Seahawks August 16th, 2017
- Seahawks' rookie Chris Carson moving up the depth chart August 16th, 2017
- Seahawks expect Paul Richardson (shoulder) to be ready for Week 1 August 15th, 2017
- Doug Baldwin (foot) back at Seahawks practice on Tuesday August 15th, 2017
- Eddie Lacy works with Seattle's second team in preseason opener August 14th, 2017
- Thomas Rawls the leader in Seahawks' backfield on Sunday August 14th, 2017