Seahawks open to trading Richard Sherman
The Seattle Seahawks are "open" to trading cornerback Richard Sherman, The Ringer's Michael Lombardi reports.
"I hear Seattle really would be open to moving Richard Sherman if the offer was serious," were Lombardi's exact words. It's the first we've heard of the possibility, though Sherman is coming off a season marred by an ankle injury and clashes with coaches. Sherman is due a combined $22.431 million over the next two seasons and turns 29 this year. The price tag makes it extremely unlikely he's playing anywhere other than Seattle come Week 1.
The Seahawks' secondary ranked just 15th last season in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play.
- Jaguars not expected to re-sign slot standout Aaron Colvin February 21st, 2018
- Colts not expected to re-sign Frank Gore February 21st, 2018
- Report: Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) could miss training camp February 21st, 2018
- Colts, Adam Vinatieri 'closing in' on one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) undergoes surgery on torn rotator cuff February 21st, 2018
- Panthers could release Jonathan Stewart this offseason February 21st, 2018
- Rangers trade MLB rights of Seahawks' quarterback Russell Wilson to Yankees for future considerations February 7th, 2018
- Seahawks' Kam Chancellor (neck) not expected to retire this offseason February 3rd, 2018
- Seahawks' Earl Thomas could hold out for new contract January 26th, 2018
- Carroll: Seahawks would 'love' to have Jimmy Graham back January 2nd, 2018
- Seahawks' Doug Baldwin scores two touchdowns in season finale January 1st, 2018
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson throws for 221 yards and 2 scores in Week 17 loss January 1st, 2018