Seahawks open to trading Richard Sherman
The Seattle Seahawks are "open" to trading cornerback Richard Sherman, The Ringer's Michael Lombardi reports.
"I hear Seattle really would be open to moving Richard Sherman if the offer was serious," were Lombardi's exact words. It's the first we've heard of the possibility, though Sherman is coming off a season marred by an ankle injury and clashes with coaches. Sherman is due a combined $22.431 million over the next two seasons and turns 29 this year. The price tag makes it extremely unlikely he's playing anywhere other than Seattle come Week 1.
The Seahawks' secondary ranked just 15th last season in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play.
- Giants add Wayne Gallman to running back core with the 140th pick April 29th, 2017
- Packers draft BYU running back Jamaal Williams April 29th, 2017
- 49ers move up to draft Joe Williams at 121 April 29th, 2017
- Redskins take Samaje Perine 114th overall April 29th, 2017
- 49ers acquire Kapri Bibbs from Broncos for a 2018 fourth-round pick April 29th, 2017
- Jaguars select Dede Westbrook at 110th overall April 29th, 2017
- Seahawks select Amara Darboh at 106th pick April 29th, 2017
- Raiders, Seahawks exchange 2018 picks in Marshawn Lynch deal April 26th, 2017
- Marshawn Lynch agrees to two-year deal with Raiders April 26th, 2017
- Seahawks have not received offers near Richard Sherman's worth April 19th, 2017
- Paul Richardson could see larger role in Seahawks' offense April 17th, 2017
- Seattle expected to trade Marshawn Lynch to Raiders April 13th, 2017