Geno Smith drawing interest from Chargers, Browns
The San Diego Chargers and Cleveland Browns "have interest" in free agent quarterback Geno Smith, reports NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Smith met with the New York Giants over the weekend and it "went extremely well," per Rapoport. Cleveland is the only one of the three where Geno would have an opportunity to compete for a starting job. He's still recovering from an October ACL tear.
Over the last two years, Smith has dropped back just 62 times, accruing 0.05 Passing Net Expected Points per drop back -- well below the NFL average of 0.11 in that span. Despite that, his Passing Success Rate (the percent of drop backs that gain positive NEP) is an acceptable 48.39 percent.
- Patriots' Sony Michel (quad) removed from Reserve/COVID-19 list, remains on injured reserve October 31st, 2020
- Packers' Allen Lazard (core) not activated before Week 8 game against Minnesota October 31st, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (knee) officially placed on injured reserve October 31st, 2020
- 49ers officially activate Tevin Coleman (knee) from injured reserve; will play Sunday vs Seattle October 31st, 2020
- Denver's Phillip Lindsay (concussion) expected to play in Week 8's contest against Chargers October 31st, 2020
- Eagles' Dallas Goedert (ankle) officially activated, will face Cowboys in Week 8 October 31st, 2020
- Seahawks' Jamal Adams (groin) returns to practice on Friday October 30th, 2020
- Carlos Hyde (hamstring) doubtful for Seahawks versus 49ers October 30th, 2020
- Seattle's Chris Carson (foot) game-time decision for Week 8's matchup against 49ers October 30th, 2020
- Seahawks say Travis Homer (knee) will play Sunday October 30th, 2020
- Seahawks' Carlos Hyde (hamstring) DNP on Thursday October 29th, 2020
- Seattle's Chris Carson (foot) misses Thursday's practice October 29th, 2020